Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
obamacare 2 insanely raise premiums in california
the other guy Wrote:You say COBRA has nothing to do with this but you also say you use COBRA to buy insurance. The place where i was working raised prices on all employees Jan 1st, 2013 my COBRA rates were based on the normal employee plan, I don't think you are smart enough to comment on any of this. You are blind to anything but Obama talking points. You think it's Hilarious well I think it's anything but hilarious. BTW terminated is not what happened. I worked and paid taxes for 47 years but after an A-FIB attack and suffering heart failure I was forced to retire. You continue to show how little you know about almost any subject on this forum.
COBRA is for people to keep their employer's insurance due to job lose. It is not an insurance you can stay on permanently after you lose your job. There is a limited amount of time you can keep it. Yes, I know full well what COBRA is, I pay for it any time I am off work, due to getting laid off. COBRA has zero to do with healthcare raises that you speak of. Cobra premiums raised after the subsidy went away to keep the prices down due to the downturn in the economy. I posted the link. Prices raised after the subsidy ended. If you ate on COBRA you know these facts, and are spinning truth.

Quote:The U.S. Department of Labor's program for the review of denials of the COBRA premium reduction under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) has ended. The COBRA premium reduction was available for individuals who experienced involuntary terminations on or before May 31, 2010. The COBRA premium reduction under ARRA is not available for individuals who experience involuntary terminations after May 31, 2010; therefore the eligibility period for the subsidy has passed.
http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/health-plans/cobra.htm

Quote:The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) gives workers and their families who lose their health benefits the right to choose to continue group health benefits provided by their group health plan for limited periods of time under certain circumstances such as voluntary or involuntary job loss, reduction in the hours worked, transition between jobs, death, divorce, and other life events. Qualified individuals may be required to pay the entire premium for coverage up to 102 percent of the cost to the plan.
COBRA generally requires that group health plans sponsored by employers with 20 or more employees in the prior year offer employees and their families the opportunity for a temporary extension of health coverage (called continuation coverage) in certain instances where coverage under the plan would otherwise end.
COBRA outlines how employees and family members may elect continuation coverage. It also requires employers and plans to provide notice.
Messages In This Thread
obamacare 2 insanely raise premiums in california - by TheRealVille - 05-31-2013, 10:52 PM