Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 players that would beat LeBron James 1-on-1
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The NBA record for rebounds in a game is 55. Wilt set the record against Bill Russell and the Celtics. Nobody has ever dominated the NBA the way that Chamberlain did.

I know, I know! I'm not starting back that debateConfusednicker: But, we know that era was an era of Centers 4 inches shorter and mostly White! Wilt was way before his time! Could Wilt do those things today? It's not possible. Not when the Average height of the wingman is the height of the Center in Wilt's day! Too much size today would eliminate Wilt from dominating the paint with the kind of numbers he had then! And yes, I do think Wilt would be the best Center in the league today! Plus, with the way they game is played today, Wilt would never get the same opportunities. They don't play half court "set" offenses anymoe for the very fact that defenses are too big and long! But, if in a half court offense, he would be surrounded by two guys as tall as him. The dipsy do, would be eliminated, he would not get that shot off! He would be forced to shoot a mid range jumper like Centers of today do. Based on what we knew of Wilt, he was a decent mid-range shooter, but not comparable to today's big men. Could he have gotten better - well, we can't use that argument because we can't assume when making direct comparisons!
Messages In This Thread
6 players that would beat LeBron James 1-on-1 - by Stardust - 02-22-2015, 08:51 AM