Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love it or hate it..Private killed Volleyball
cougarpride08 Wrote:Just thought I would get on my soapbox, and it is something I have been saying all alone. With four eastern ky teams going to state, a lot of people say we didn't belong. All I have to say is the BOC that voted to keep private and public together I say a great big thank you. All you did was pick each other off when you did that. Top 25 means nothing. These teams from eastern ky are top 16 and you did that to yourself. Fear that nothing is going to be done to fix this. I am ok with that and no solution in site means no one cares that a National ranked team that is private will play a team from Floyd Co, and a top 25 in the state will play a small town Letcher Central. We are a top 16 team and the state will just have to get over it. Soap box over!!

I'm having a hard time following your post - can't tell if you are for a public/private split, or against it.

Private schools aren't wrecking volleyball. Public schools not getting their act together and starting volleyball at a younger age are. I don't expect teams in E KY to ever win, but there are public schools in the same regions as the big privates(6,7,9) that should be able to compete with the private schools.

Saying you are a top 16 team in the State just because you win your Region is a complete joke, because of the KHSAA's ridiculous system of blind draws and region winners. Sacred Heart is ranked in the top 20 NATIONALLY but lost the Region 7 final to Assumption (also top 20 nationally) and is out. Think about that. A top 20 team in the Nation won't even make it to the State Championship. Only in Kentucky! Meanwhile, someone is going to finish 2nd in the State Tourney - just don't take that to mean they are the 2nd best team.

The actual real State Championship was last Thursday when Sacred heart played Assumption.
Messages In This Thread
Love it or hate it..Private killed Volleyball - by mrknowitball - 11-02-2015, 06:35 PM