Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love it or hate it..Private killed Volleyball
So, if we can't provide any facts to support our arguments, so we just call another poster a liar. Ok. I'm a big boy and can take it.

*****POST WARNING******All statements below might be lies!!

Now to address the other big one I overlooked--"athletic scholarships disguised as academic" and the infamous "free rides". Private schools supposedly provide free rides for all these athletes to come to their schools, or provide them with athletic scholarships disguised as academic scholarships. Do you honestly believe that if this occurred that the KHSAA just ignores it? That competing public schools wouldn't have turned them for doing so? If you do, you need to get fitted for your tin foil hat. Speaking of Jefferson County, if a JCPS school knew this was happening at any Catholic school, they wouldn't be able to get to the KHSAA fast enough.

The Catholic schools DO provide need based financial aid to some students to offset tuition costs. None of this aid comes anywhere near to covering all of the tuition, nor do all students get it. Using St X as an example, about 25% of students receive some financial aid. It works like this;

1--They have a set number of dollars available.
2--ALL students can apply for it.
3--The application goes to a third party processor in Cleveland who evaluates the need and distributes the dollars accordingly. The private school has zero say in who gets it and how much. All of this information is open to the KHSAA to look at if they feel it is being abused.

Some schools, St X specifically again, provide a merit based academic scholarship--again covering nowhere near all of the tuition cost--to some incoming freshman based on their score on the placement exam. Exam is also administered by a third party testing service. If you get above a 95th percentile, you might get one. If you can run a 4.0--40, you won't, unless you get above the 95th percentile. All facts, but facts that don't agree with delusions are false I guess?

As to open enrollment, it is open enrollment. Kids from any school district including public can attend another as long as they want to pay the fees. There are kids from Indiana Ohio Tennessee and West Virginia who have attended KY schools. It's all in what is most convenient for the parents. As we were discussing volleyball, I'm still waiting to hear about all these out of state girls playing for Mercy or Assumption. ?? The sound you hear is crickets chirping, because you're not going to hear anyone naming names because they can't.

As to Ohio and Tennessee girls attending Raceland--really? Why would they? The 16th Region winner has made it to state and has been run out of the gym the last 5 years. You must have overlooked my point that the good schools don't have to recruit because they are good. Good players seek out good programs. Don't like it? Work to improve your program. Want to boot out the privates? Go right ahead. Heck, Assumption for the most part doesn't play any local schools now out of district except other privates. They will do just fine, have their own tourney, and in the end everyone will dismiss the public tournament winner, because they will know that the publics watered it down rather than compete. It would be like the NCAA kicking out UConns women's basketball because they won too many times.
Messages In This Thread
Love it or hate it..Private killed Volleyball - by WildcatDad - 11-12-2015, 05:27 PM