Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love it or hate it..Private killed Volleyball
mrknowitball Wrote:It proves that if you want to be better, you have to get better. Public schools aligning themselves with club volleyball will only help them. Also, HS coaches in KY can coach their exact same HS players in club. Playing year 'round makes a huge difference. And don't give me any of that 3 sport non-sense. If you want to get better in volleyball, I mean top-ranked - college coaches interested, you play volleyball year 'round. If you choose not to do that and play other sports in HS, then don't expect to get better. Jack of all trades, Master of none.

Yep, you are dead on. We are starting to see this very thing happening (at least to some degree). There is now a club team in Pikeville that largely consists of Pikeville High School players, there are a few club teams out of ashland that largely consists of players from one high school or two. I've heard rumors that Johnson Central plans to have a club team this coming year even... This is what has to happen if teams in East KY are ever going to compete with the schools from other parts of the state.

With all that sad... volleyball, much like soccer, is a secondary sport at best in this area and will be for years to come. Prime example of this, look at the Soccer forum and this volleyball forum... It's district/regional tournament in both sports and there's hardly a single thread with activity right now regarding teams from east ky.
Messages In This Thread
Love it or hate it..Private killed Volleyball - by Creeker - 10-19-2017, 01:28 PM