Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alcohol Sales in your County/City
TheHotSnakes Wrote:So, you're saying that the government should be able to restrict access to legal items?

I am a big proponent of bourbon and the bourbon industry in this state. It's a very unique thing that is distinctly Kentucky. And I am baffled by the amount of counties in this state who are completely dry.

And, if you want a really interesting read and story to follow, try to find some news articles from about 2 years ago in Russell County and when they had a wet/dry vote. There was a massive donation to the dry campaign from a liquor store in a neighboring county. It because a big deal, RC went wet. And almost all of the counties in the surrounding area went wet soon after. I don't recall seeing a big influx of restaurants when I was last in that area, but I don't really care about that.

It's legal, 100%. To keep areas dry is to simply use a local government to enforce a certain morality. Period. You can attempt to shape the wet/dry/moist narrative however you please, but at the end of the day, it's using a specific "moral code" to govern. If you're into a very specific theocracy, that's your business. It's not mine. If you don't want to drink, don't drink.

I don't know a single person who didn't drink who lived in a dry county, who started drinking once it went wet/moist.
People are gonna drink whether their home county is Dry or Wet.

Alcohol is legal, drinking alcohol is legal if your of the correct age.

My argument is at least be honest. Just say you wanna be able to buy alcohol in your county or city. Don't base your whole campaign on something and then not be able to deliver. I realize that is the basis of politics in our country, but this probably would have passed in the entire county if they were just honest.

We could have the a distillery in our county set up shop, anything to bring jobs. Just be honest.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Messages In This Thread
Alcohol Sales in your County/City - by AngryMob - 10-25-2017, 07:44 PM
Alcohol Sales in your County/City - by Pulp Fiction - 11-05-2017, 11:25 PM