Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water in Wine or Grape juice?
Wow, no takers huh? LOL, though some justify drinking by saying that the Lord made alcoholic wine, and the verses I cited above verify the fact that in many cases biblical references were in regard to fermented wine, there are a couple verses that I believe preclude the possibility that Jesus made alcoholic wine.

Habakkuk 2:15 (KJV)
15 Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!

Though this verse is directed to the people of Babylon specifically, it nonetheless applies across the board. Babylonians were a hard drinking lot, and that why the verse points out the fact that they, (the ones who put the bottle to others) were "drunk also."

Proverbs 20:1 (KJV)
1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

So the question as I see it, is though men of the Bible obviously drank wine, some it fermented, would Jesus then have 'made' fermented wine?

No way in my view that the wine Jesus made would have been alcoholic. He would have never put alcohol in the mouths of men. The wine He made was obviously "new wine" which in order to preserve, would have needed new skins to hold it as He later elaborated on in Matthew 9:17.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Water in Wine or Grape juice? - by Pulp Fiction - 10-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Water in Wine or Grape juice? - by Granny Bear - 10-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Water in Wine or Grape juice? - by Westside - 10-10-2017, 09:17 PM
Water in Wine or Grape juice? - by nky - 10-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Water in Wine or Grape juice? - by Granny Bear - 10-11-2017, 08:21 PM
Water in Wine or Grape juice? - by TheRealThing - 10-18-2017, 02:03 AM
Water in Wine or Grape juice? - by TheRealThing - 10-18-2017, 03:02 PM