Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher County 45 Knott County 40 (14th region Championship)
I would be for a neutral site if the 14th region had a venue such as the Corbin Arena or Pikeville’s Appalachian Wireless Arena in the 15th, or Morehead State U in the 16th. But there’s nothing like those in the 14th region. It would have to be at one of the larger gyms of the schools and that wouldn’t be neutral. If it was at the same school every year, an example Breathitt or Perry, because of centralized location, that would be a big advantage to those schools every year instead of an advantage once every 7 years.

I do think the rotation should maybe be no more than 4 or 5 schools, though, but I doubt it will ever change. However, I can live with not having to travel to Letcher or Knott but once on a 7 year rotation, and in the years it’s held at Breathitt, Estill and Powell the travel time for fans and buses that are from the northern sections of the region are minimum. So it balances out.
Messages In This Thread
Letcher County 45 Knott County 40 (14th region Championship) - by LOOKAYANNER - 03-09-2020, 04:04 PM