Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derek Newsome makes Betsy Layne High School Coach
15thregionsportsfan Wrote:LOL Well, we all have our opinions. I suppose scoring 1 of 9 threes in the final game of the season last year and getting the team beat was more your cup of tea. Howell had his reasons for leaving as did many that were not satisfied with the teams coaching staff last year. Howell just had the guts to move on and not waste his time. I think you will see a very good and a very different team this year..... People need to be ready for the Bobcats...

Who are you referring to as getting the team beat?? So now its okay to quit and take your ball just because you have your reasons. Quitting is quitting and at the end of the day you left your teammates hanging. Im sure he's a great kid and all but with him returning this year i don't think it will make much of a difference. KHSAA has him playing in 13 games last year and his stats are 3.9ppg on 10 for 21 from the field and 8 for 18 from 3pt for the season while going 13 for 19 from the free throw line at 68% and 1 rebound a game thats not something coaches are drawing up game plans for. Newsome is the difference maker on that team because he is a great coach but again with what I've said in the past they need to quit blowing their selves up because last time I checked they can't get past pburg in the district
Messages In This Thread
Derek Newsome makes Betsy Layne High School Coach - by Nolietotell - 07-05-2020, 01:06 AM