Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derek Newsome makes Betsy Layne High School Coach
Milkcrate52 Wrote:Not sure what happened? I just told you what happened smh. Mimms was on the bench because he was in foul trouble after playing well to start the game. Frasure picked up his 4th foul with almost 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter, had to slow the game down other wise he would have fouled out. They didn’t execute anything that was on their game plan. At some point you have to look at the kids and realize they are the one missing the block outs, slow rotations on help defense along with other things. They got out worked, not out coached.
Mimms had two fouls..... Short coached 14 years at AC and couldn't win a district. Beat some good teams along the way, no doubt in that, but still doesn't change the fact he didn't win a district tourney. He had amazing talent in those kids and choked. They started out with a good season. There was no discipline (other than suspending Howell because he cussed at someone, but I assure you he wasn't the only one that cussed on the team he was made an example of), it was coached as who they were, not what they had to offer the team. They had a kid shoot 1 of 9 and stayed on the floor almost the entire game. Of course, you will again have to watch the film because the stats say like 1 of 6 or so, but watch and count, I watched the game and knew that wasn't accurate but you can't post 1 of 9 it hurts the kids status, you know..... Those boys could have made some noise, but, due to coaching decisions, they were stripped of that opportunity. The coach makes the decision as to who is on the floor, not the kids. Do Kids have bad games, of course they do, but so do college players. Newsome will play to win, he will play the rotation that he needs to do to win, not who's name is on the back of the jersey. That's what every good coach should do. I look for things to turn around for these young men and I'm happy for them.
Messages In This Thread
Derek Newsome makes Betsy Layne High School Coach - by 15thregionsportsfan - 07-05-2020, 06:36 PM