Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. Gets a Debt Warning From Fitch as Stimulus Battle Rages
mr.fundamental Wrote:Just going to point out that Republicans when in control of all three have not lived up to the promise.... also will point out that when in control of the white house they have not lived up to the promise, in my life time. Granted my life only started with Reagan.

I am fine giving credit to a republican house with a democratic President.
I have been consistently disappointed with Republicans in Congress since the 1980s because there have been too few fiscal conservatives among them. The only people in Congress who have performed worse than Republicans during my lifetime have been Democrats but the margin between them seems to be shrinking.

Gingrich and the Republican House earned some credit for the temporary balancing of the budget late in Clinton's term. Enacting Republican legislation earned Clinton a second term and allowed him to survive impeachment. He does deserve credit for taking Morris's advice and putting Hillary's left wing agenda on hold to save his own political skin.
Messages In This Thread
U.S. Gets a Debt Warning From Fitch as Stimulus Battle Rages - by Hoot Gibson - 08-03-2020, 06:48 PM