Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020/2021 KHSAA State Champions as of (6/21/2021)
Couple quick thoughts: 1st, great research. It’s great to be able to see everything all in one thread. Second, your take on soccer is interesting. Looks pretty evenly split between privates and publics, so why separate? Next, and what I think is most important: how do you think the public schools who have found a way to compete and win state championships feel about splitting from private schools? Do you think they want to be “Public School Champions*” with the asterisk being that they didn’t actually win a tournament that had the best teams in the state? I also think if there was a split, we would eventually realize there would be the same problem. In volleyball for example you’d get a group of 4-5 schools that would win most of the public school state championships and there would still be a huge gap between those schools and the rest. It seems to me that the top public schools are closing the gap with the top private schools. I’m not against separating, but I hope they’ll take a look at the Open division in California and do something similar. Want to compete with the best regardless of enrollment or government funding? Here, join this division. We’ll call them state champs and the others can battle it out for class championships.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vbtalk's post:
  • nemo
Messages In This Thread