Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Christian Academy 42 Somerset 35
(11-28-2020, 04:56 AM)Old_Gold73 Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 02:30 AM)Old_Gold73 Wrote: First off Congrats to LCA on the win!!!

Now my assessment on the game. The loss can be chalked up for horrible playing calling by our so called  offensive coordinators. They called the game like two kids playing a madden game and trying to just get their favorite players touches and on the stat sheet. Which isn’t the players they who are the so called favorites fault. Those two played they tails off. They were just unfortunate to be getting their numbers called in situations that they could excel at.  Anyway...you can’t get inside the red zone 3 times and come away with just 7 pts and win big ball games against good and well coached teams. Especially when you have the right type of players and personnel to score all three times if you just call the right type of plays. All we had to do is run the ball with our power backs instead of stupid sweeps against a defense with superb speed. And then if you have to throw it you throw it to your two playmakers at receiver that had a good height advantage on their defenders and not some bubble screen or swing pass. The coordinators out smarted their self and made us look pretty bad on what should have been for sure scoring drives. If we come out tonight and establish the run with our power game. Everybody except our OC’s know that the best way to counter a defense with is Tri run the ball straight at them with your downhill power backs. Which would’ve opened up the passing game and it would have kept LCA’s Defense on its hills and that would have been the winning formula tonight. But in instead we decided to try to act like we had never called a live game offensively. Finally somebody will want to try and blame the loss on bad officiating and it was a bad officiated game but not bad enough to cause us to lose. Also I really don’t see LCA winning the 2A championship. Their defense isn’t good enough to beat a well called offensive team. That’s 2 games that their opponent has given them a 14 and 21 pts head start only to see their opponent to come back and tie it or take the lead. They can’t do that against good well coached team. If they do they will get beat. Just a very disappointing season by a team that had all the tools and more to repeat as champs only to be drive by a couple of has been and failed little league coordinators. It’s just a shame and I hate it for all the kids especially the seniors on this team. Hopefully the powers to be will do something to right the ship before next season and not fall victim to this same embarrassing crap!!!!!!

(11-28-2020, 03:01 AM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 01:01 AM)Bunnies101 Wrote: The play calling was once again, horrible! Somerset players were the better players on that field but you can’t beat refs and bad plays. Good job to LCA for out coaching, once again.
What a absolutely stupid comment !!!
Come from down 21-0 with a shot to win ... only other team to score 35 points on LCA was Douglas. Way to battle back Somerset and put your selfs in a position to win ... just come up a little short ... great job seniors this group will be missed.

(11-28-2020, 02:47 AM)Old_Gold73 Wrote:

Now my assessment on the game. The loss can be chalked up for horrible playing calling by our so called  offensive coordinators. They called the game like two kids playing a madden game and trying to just get their favorite players touches and on the stat sheet. Which isn’t the players who are the so called favorites fault. Those two played their tails off. They were just unfortunate to be getting their numbers called in situations that they could not excel at.  Anyway...you can’t get inside the red zone 3 times and come away with just 7 pts and win big ball games against good and well coached teams. Especially when you have the right type of players and personnel to score all three times if you just call the right type of plays which also happen to be simple plays. Lol.  All we had to do is run the ball with our power backs instead of stupid sweeps against a defense with superb speed. And then if you have to throw it you throw it to your two playmakers at receiver that had a good height advantage on their defenders so they could just go up and get it, and not some bubble screen or swing pass. The coordinators out smarted their selves and made us look pretty bad on what should have been for sure scoring drives. If we come out tonight and establish the run with our power game. Everybody except our OC’s know that the best way to counter a defense with speed is to run the ball straight at them with your downhill power backs in 4 yard chunks at a time if be. Which would’ve opened up the passing game and it would have kept LCA’s Defense on its heels and that would have been the winning formula for tonight. But in instead we decided to try to act like we had never called a live game offensively. Pathetic!!! Finally, somebody will want to try and blame the loss on bad officiating and it was a bad officiated game but not bad enough to cause us to lose. Our offensive play calling lost the game.  Also I really don’t see LCA winning the 2A championship. Their defense isn’t good enough to beat a well tuned and well called offensive team. I think it’s Beechwood’s to lose. That’s 2 games Somerset has given them a 14 and 21 pts head start only to see their Somerset to come back and tie it or take the lead and could have also won both games with making the right adjustments and play calls. They can’t do that against a good well coached team. If they do, they will get beat. It’s  just been a very disappointing season by a team that had all the tools and more to repeat as champs only to have its offense driven by a couple of has been and never was failed little league coordinators. It’s just a shame and I hate it for all the kids especially the seniors on this team. Hopefully the powers to be will do something to right the ship before next season and not fall victim to this same embarrassing crap!!!!!!
What a complete idiot ... did we watch the same game ???? Sounds to me like u have a personal vendetta against the coordinators. Get a life !!!!say it to their face or stfu !!!!!! Great staff and kids just come up short !!!!

(11-28-2020, 02:47 AM)Old_Gold73 Wrote:

Now my assessment on the game. The loss can be chalked up for horrible playing calling by our so called  offensive coordinators. They called the game like two kids playing a madden game and trying to just get their favorite players touches and on the stat sheet. Which isn’t the players who are the so called favorites fault. Those two played their tails off. They were just unfortunate to be getting their numbers called in situations that they could not excel at.  Anyway...you can’t get inside the red zone 3 times and come away with just 7 pts and win big ball games against good and well coached teams. Especially when you have the right type of players and personnel to score all three times if you just call the right type of plays which also happen to be simple plays. Lol.  All we had to do is run the ball with our power backs instead of stupid sweeps against a defense with superb speed. And then if you have to throw it you throw it to your two playmakers at receiver that had a good height advantage on their defenders so they could just go up and get it, and not some bubble screen or swing pass. The coordinators out smarted their selves and made us look pretty bad on what should have been for sure scoring drives. If we come out tonight and establish the run with our power game. Everybody except our OC’s know that the best way to counter a defense with speed is to run the ball straight at them with your downhill power backs in 4 yard chunks at a time if be. Which would’ve opened up the passing game and it would have kept LCA’s Defense on its heels and that would have been the winning formula for tonight. But in instead we decided to try to act like we had never called a live game offensively. Pathetic!!! Finally, somebody will want to try and blame the loss on bad officiating and it was a bad officiated game but not bad enough to cause us to lose. Our offensive play calling lost the game.  Also I really don’t see LCA winning the 2A championship. Their defense isn’t good enough to beat a well tuned and well called offensive team. I think it’s Beechwood’s to lose. That’s 2 games Somerset has given them a 14 and 21 pts head start only to see their Somerset to come back and tie it or take the lead and could have also won both games with making the right adjustments and play calls. They can’t do that against a good well coached team. If they do, they will get beat. It’s  just been a very disappointing season by a team that had all the tools and more to repeat as champs only to have its offense driven by a couple of has been and never was failed little league coordinators. It’s just a shame and I hate it for all the kids especially the seniors on this team. Hopefully the powers to be will do something to right the ship before next season and not fall victim to this same embarrassing crap!!!!!!
What a complete idiot ... did we watch the same game ???? Sounds to me like u have a personal vendetta against the coordinators. Get a life !!!!say it to their face or stfu !!!!!! Great staff and kids just come up short !!!!

Oh trust me!!! I said it to their face. I’m not shy about speaking my mind directly to the problem. And yes I’ll agree with you on a great group of kids and great staff minus a Leprechaun and a Frog. The Leprechaun did a lot better job calling the offense on a less talented State Championship team when he was minus a Frog in his ear. Just saying. Oh and yes we watched the same game. I’ve not missed a Somerset game since the 1977 season. I’ve probably forgot more about football than you’ll ever know.
I promise you have not said anything to anyone’s face !!!!! You would probably be slurring your words if that were the case. Since you are such a tough guy say who you are and quit hiding behind your screen name pretty sure we know who you are as does everyone on here !!!! We see you on the side line shaking hands and smiling to everyone’s face then talk crap soon as they turn around!!!! How many state titles have you won ?let me answer that for you 0. That little leprechaun you speak of ,is in fact the first OC is the 114 year history of Somerset football to win a State Championship! You and your words are irrelevant.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Lexington Christian Academy 42 Somerset 35 - by Deuce8 - 11-28-2020, 01:33 PM