Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Evangelical Leader Speaks Out About Trump and the Capitol Insurrection
(01-15-2021, 04:46 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: The left have attacked and snarled at DJT like a pack of dogs since his election. It didn't occur to them to take MR Trump seriously and that fact cost them. And it still to this day eludes them as to how ol Hill got beat. People have hated something alright, but it wasn't DJT. It was the continual lying to which they were subjected by their leaders. The response at he poll overwhelmed what the left believed to be an ironclad lock down surety that Hill had it in the bag.

But since election night and more profoundly, 19 minutes after the inauguration, 'the resistance' have been merciless
(The Washington Post)

By
Matea Gold
Enterprise/investigations editor
Jan. 20, 2017 at 12:19 p.m. EST

"The effort to impeach President Donald John Trump is already underway.

At the moment the new commander in chief was sworn in, a campaign to build public support for his impeachment went live at ImpeachDonaldTrumpNow.org, spearheaded by two liberal advocacy groups aiming to lay the groundwork for his eventual ejection from the White House.

The organizers behind the campaign, Free Speech for People and RootsAction, are hinging their case on Trump’s insistence on maintaining ownership of his luxury hotel and golf course business while in office. Ethics experts have warned that his financial holdings could potentially lead to constitutional violations and undermine public faith in his decision-making.

Their effort is early, (Duh, ya think?)  strategists admit. But they insist it is not premature — even if it triggers an angry backlash from those who will argue that they are not giving the new president a chance." 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...has-begun/
---------------------------------

Since the opening moments of his Administration MR Trump's antagonists have worked 24/7 to tear down his presidency. They have lied their heads off about him. Accused him of every conceivable low standard and ill motivation. They have mischaracterized everything from phone calls to his highly successful dealings in foreign policy. They have blamed him for the Coronavirus pandemic which should anyone care to check has China once again owing to a nuclear grade resurgence in the throes of panic. And they have followed through on their threats by actually impeaching him (albeit illegally) twice. And they have denied him the credit that history in restitution, will certainly bestow.

The short of it is as follows; yes, they seemingly have managed to virtually destroy the man. Not satisfied in that however, they are now focusing their ire on those who voted for him. Did I believe them initially? Nope. And after 4 years of a daily dose of ever more ridiculous deceit, do I believe them now? Nope. More of the same may seem to have inundated the land in--  deceit. But just heaping a lot more of it on exponentially does not make me a believer.

Franklin Graham is a good man who managed to do something that few have been able to accomplish. Walking effectively in his own father's capable footsteps. Sodom and Gomorrah were reduced to black ash which the wind blew away. Nothing remains. Like Sodom, America has far more than 4 years of the left's guileful and purposeful misinterpretation, of what has been a good government of the people to suffer through.

But in closing here is something else which has not occurred to the left. Truth cannot actually be revised. It can obviously be twisted for a time, but only in the eyes of those who wish to be misled. And just as obviously the example of the press/left assault on the person of MR Trump is only one example. But thankfully just as in Satan's own experience, one day soon all lies will be defeated by Christ Jesus. He is the only One Who could ever accomplish such a feat and it will be total victory.
I am going to respectfully disagree with you on the bolded.  I don't think Franklin has been effective in carrying on his father's immense legacy. While his father said one or two controversial things over the years, he pretty much transcended politics and was "America's pastor" for decades.  Unlike his father, Franklin has been extremely divisive and polarizing, even making some pretty awful statements about Muslims.  Speaking about their Uncle's divisive language, two of Billy's Graham's grandkids said awhile back, "no one will listen to Franklin."  They feel like their uncle is tarnishing their grandfather's legacy. Even though I didn't always agree with everything he believed,  I never missed an opportunity to watch an interview of Billy Graham.  He had a charisma combined with a thoughtful insight that is seldom seen.  He transcended religion and became a cultural phenomenon. Franklin  is lacking a lot. I have never been compelled to watch a Franklin Graham interview.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Leader Speaks Out About Trump and the Capitol Insurrection - by Old School Hound - 01-19-2021, 10:21 PM