Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are Your All-Time Favorite Sports Announcers?
Who are your favorites? Can be college or pro, any sport.

I go back a few decades so some of you younger guys may not be familiar with some of mine. 

I liked Dick Enberg calling most anything. He is on the Mount Rushmore of broadcast legends. Dick also hosted a sports game show called "Sports Challenge" that was a real gem for sports enthusiasts.

I was a big fan of Curt Gowdy calling NFL football back in early 70's. He also had a show called "The American Sportsman" that was enjoyable.

Keith Jackson was fun to listen to calling college football.

Jim McKay hosted "Wide World of Sports,"  a favorite of mine back in the 70's. 

I enjoy AL Michaels calling most anything.  Al was a personal favorite of mine. I wrote him a letter once when he was the Reds' radio guy. When Al wasn't on Reds' radio opening the '74 season, I was so disappointed. However, I soon fell in love with Marty.

Got to include Marty Brennaman and Joe Nuxhall. They were a big part of my summers growing up in the 70's.

Cawood Ledford --- Of course!    Basketball or football, his voice was a staple in my household as a youngster.

More recently, I enjoy Gus Johnson . Maybe he's a bit over the top but I love his passion.  He could call a curling match and make it the most exciting event you heard that day.

Do you guys like any of my favorites ? Who would make your list as your favorite sports broadcasters ever?