Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leahy, not Roberts, to preside over "impeachment trial"
(01-25-2021, 08:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 08:16 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 07:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 07:41 PM)vector#1 Wrote: I don't think it matters who presides over the trial the turd got to go
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Where did you get your law degree? It will not matter in the least what you think matters. If Democrats don't change Roberts' mind, it is unlikely that there will be any trial and if there is a trial, it is likely that it will be erased from history by the Supreme Court. The only President of the United States at this time is Pedo Joe Biden, who coincidentally, has actually committed impeachable crimes. That is the only person's trial over which the Chief Justice is required to preside. The word "shall" is a special one in the legal world. The authors of the Constitution did not include it by chance.
I have no law degree now that's over with the way i look at it if the president is still in office then the chief judge will preside over the trial but the Turd is no longer in office so what happens now it has been done 

Meet the other American who was impeached and tried after leaving office (nbcnews.com)

a
nd i can see why take a federal official who has done something criminal like the Turd has and next day resigns thinking he can't be punished this must not be swept under the rug he must answer to what he has done
any decent moral patriotic american would want him to stand trial
No U.S. President has ever been tried for impeachment after leaving office. Any decent man would recognize what a blatant miscarriage of justice it would be to conduct an unconstitutional trial of a former President of the United States who was wrongfully impeached twice by a party that is afraid to run a candidate against him in a fair election.

This is supposed to be a nation of laws. The Chief Justice
shall only preside over impeachment trials of the U.S. President. The purpose of an impeachment trial is to remove a president from office. Democrats are too late to remove Trump from office because he is already out of office. If they believe that the evidence is sufficient to convict, then Democrats should ask the new Attorney General to criminally prosecute Trump for inciting insurrection. That will not happen, vector. Do you know why that will not happen? Because there is no evidence of a crime.
First no us president has committed insurrection that i know of 
second the Turd is no longer president but he did commit the crime while in office

The Constitution requires the involvement of the chief justice only when the president is on trial. Since Trump no longer is president, there is no requirement for the chief justice to be involved.

In 2010, when former federal Judge Thomas Porteous was impeached, Senate President Pro Tempore Daniel Inouye presided over the trial.

Fact Check: Did Chief Justice Roberts Refuse to Preside Over Trump's Impeachment Trial? (msn.com)
A
nd again any decent moral patriotic american would want to see a trial can't just sweep this under a rug and act like nothing happened if they convict so be it if not so be it but the Turd must answer to what he has done
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Messages In This Thread
RE: Leahy, not Roberts, to preside over "impeachment trial" - by vector#1 - 01-25-2021, 08:50 PM