Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leahy, not Roberts, to preside over "impeachment trial"
(01-25-2021, 11:18 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 10:52 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 10:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 07:34 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I don't think this is going to turn out well for Democrats. The Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court has declined an invitation extended by Democrats to preside over the Senate trial of the sham impeachment of former President Trump. Maybe Chief Justice Roberts is trying to tell Democrats something.

Democrats have decided that Senator Patrick Leahy, who has already voted to convict former President Trump of one sham impeachment would be the perfect selection to preside over the second sham impeachment trial. The problem is, Leahy is not the Chief Justice of the Supreme court and Trump is no longer the President of the United States.

Quote:When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside
Quote:Leahy, not Roberts, to preside over impeachment trial

Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts will not preside over former President Trump’s Senate impeachment trial, which is scheduled to begin in earnest on Feb. 8.

Instead, Senate President Pro Tempore Patrick Leahy (Vt.), the most senior member of the Senate Democratic Conference, will preside over the trial.

Leahy on Monday confirmed he would wield the gavel and promised to administer “impartial justice.”
Glad you agree with me now Hoot! This will be as big or bigger farce than the first one. For liberal propaganda only, to keep their low-information voters brainwashed.
I have always thought the impeachment and trial would be a farce but if Roberts had agreed to preside, then it would have been easier for a few Republicans to vote to convict, pocket some Chinese cash, and then retired from politics. With a left wing political hack like Leahy presiding over a trial, it is an even bigger farce. Without Roberts' participation in the trial, I put the chances of Tulsi Gabbard voting to acquit at about 50/50. 

Democrats should cut their losses they have suffered enough political damage by pushing these sham impeachments. 
Democrats can never cut their losses, they have to keep pushing lies against their political opponents to divert their low-information voters from realizing they don't have any real ideas on how to move the country forward.
What losses ?
In the last 2 years they are now in control of the House Senate and the White House if you and Quooter call that losses bring it on
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Messages In This Thread
RE: Leahy, not Roberts, to preside over "impeachment trial" - by vector#1 - 01-26-2021, 10:20 AM