Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
13th Region and Mountain Basketball Trivia
(02-20-2021, 08:56 PM)Corbin Wrote: I can remember Gilliam Gym being absolutely packed full. Fans were standing on the stairs, aisles, sitting on those little overhangs where the radio crew work, and were 5 deep watching through the windows on the catwalk which overlooks the gym.

I rushed the court after the game winner.  LOL

(02-20-2021, 08:33 PM)Corbin Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 01:42 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: A 13th Region school won back-to-back All-A State Titles, with the same player receiving the MVP awards both years.  What school and what MVP?

Bonus:   What two opponents did they beat in  the title games in winning those back-to-back titles?
Harlan and Lex Cath and UHA

(02-20-2021, 08:33 PM)Corbin Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 01:42 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: A 13th Region school won back-to-back All-A State Titles, with the same player receiving the MVP awards both years.  What school and what MVP?

Bonus:   What two opponents did they beat in  the title games in winning those back-to-back titles?
Harlan and Lex Cath and UHA
Charles Thomas I would imagine although Michael Jones could be a sneaky answer.

Does anyone have access to old state top 25 rankings? I know Corbin and Harlan for the biggest part of 94 and 95 held the #1 spot depending on the week. However I seem to recall a poll that had Corbin, Harlan, Clay, Jackson County, and Knox Central all in the top 15 during the same season. I’ll never forget those Corbin/Harlan battles. The crowds were electric and I’ve never seen the atmosphere matched since but dang the 13th was loaded in those days.

You've just inspired another trivia question. Stay tuned.
Messages In This Thread
RE: 13th Region and Mountain Basketball Trivia - by Old School Hound - 02-20-2021, 09:01 PM