Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Racism is alive and well in the party that gave birth to the KKK
(03-26-2021, 05:58 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Here is just the latest example of the blatantly racist policies being pushed by the Democrat Party. The racist program described below obviously violates the Equal Protection clause of the U.S. Constitution and the poor white residents of Oakland will eventually win their "fair share" but why do Democrats constantly lobby for and enact laws that are so obviously illegal?

While I don't support this approach or plan -- in any way, shape, or form... I feel like its important to point out the problem with your primary argument. That it violates the Equal Protections Clause and is 'obviously illegal'.

1)While on the surface it would appear to be unconstitutional because of its treatment of whites... The court has allowed MANY other programs to stand. Affirmative Action being one of them. And look at the WIC program. How many men do you know who have gotten that government money? Its only available to women. The same equal protections clause that you herald as proof -- also includes SEX as an impermissible form of discrimination. So I'm not entirely sure that the courts would specifically strike this down.

2)The whole case you made is made forever moot by the specifics of the program itself. While the Oakland Mayor ANNOUNCED the plan.. its not an Oakland initiative. Its 100% funded by private businesses and donations, and 100% ran by local/community based non-profits. No court in the land could touch it. 

--------------------------------------------
Messages In This Thread
RE: Racism is alive and well in the party that gave birth to the KKK - by ronald reagan - 08-06-2021, 09:17 AM