Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sexism in the U.S. Congress (and in government in general)
(05-07-2021, 04:40 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Of course they are going to replace Liz with a female. Putting a male in her place would be terrible optics.  Optics, not principles, is what matters to the Trumplicans.  The replacement will be a guaranteed Trump loyalist, just a pawn in the hands of a  bunch of fearful , bigoted white men.  I have no problem with principled Republicans and/or conservatives such as Liz, Mittons, Kinsinger, Will,  Kristol, Sykes, etc... I disagree with them on most all  issues but I respect their principled stances.  If there were principled Republicans/conservatives on this board, I would feel the same.  Principled stances don't include propagating the Big Lie(when you KNOW it's a lie),  making excuses for the inciter of the Capitol insurrection and denying that the inciter's followers didn't harm anyone,  getting defensive about teen twat-loving Trump sycophant , MattGaetz , and even bragging that he's your favorite topic, etc, etc, etc ...

Liz will be remembered for her courage, her honesty, and for her defense of American democracy. Maybe if the Republican Party ever recovers from its anti-democracy cult phase, Cheney will emerge as one of its top leaders. It may never recover, though. There probably won't be another Republican president in any of our lifetimes. At least the Democrats can thank Trump and his loyalists for that.
It’ll never recover to be the party it was.
GOP is the party that can’t do math.

A President that never made to 50% approval; lost the House, Senate , and Presidency; never won the popular vote; shrunk the party registration to smaller than Dems and Is; and is lopping off their own.

Whatever...I’m cheerleading them.  

Kick her a$$ out.  Get Mitt and anybody else that may have morals and is pissed Trump tried to have them killed by the mindless MAGA horde.