Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. officials provided Taliban with names of Americans, Afghan allies to evacuate
(08-31-2021, 08:49 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 08:01 AM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 08:55 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 07:35 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 07:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: You asked for proof that General Milley said that Biden imposed conditions that left him no choice but to close Bagram AFB and I gave you direct quotes from Milley. True to form, you criticized the source of the quote and then posted articles that in no way refute what Milley said himself. You are the worst kind of liar - or maybe second worst kind of liar - right after your soul mate Cardfan1. Stop wasting my time asking for evidence. You have no interest in the truth.
Dr Quooter it's the transcript from General Milley in other words it's from him direct not from some right wing media
"GEN. MILLEY: On your question of Bagram, securing Bagram, you know how big Bagram is. You've been there many times. Securing Bagram is a significant level of military effort of forces, and it would also require external support from the Afghan Security Forces. 
Our task given to us at that time, our task was protect the embassy in order for the embassy personnel to continue to function with their consular service and all that. If we were to keep both Bagram and the embassy going, that would be a significant number of military forces that would have exceeded what we had or stayed the same or exceeded what we had.
So we had to collapse one or the other, and a decision was made. The proposal was made form CENTCOM commander and the commander on the grounds, Scott Miller, to go ahead and collapse Bagram. That was all briefed and approved, and we estimated that the risk of going out of HKIA or the risk of going out of Bagram about the same, so going out of HKIA -- was estimated to be the better tactical solution in accordance with the mission set we were given and in accordance with getting the troops down to about 600, 700 number."

Now what about the other LIE ?
And Milley said exactly what I said that he said. Biden gave him the constraints on troop numbers and the numbers were not sufficient to protect the embassy and keep Bagram AFB open. Biden said that the recommendation came from the military, which came up with a plan for 600 to 700 troops, which obviously were not enough to protect the embassy and the Kabul airport. Biden tried to throw the military under the bus and Milley exposed him as a liar, in as diplomatic language as he could muster.

Any plan that involved having the Taliban manning security gates and giving them manifests of American citizens and Afghans seeking to exit the country was absolutely idiotic. Don't you agree?
General/Dr. Quooter 
"GEN. MILLEY: Well, I stood behind this podium, and it said that the Afghan security forces had the capacity, and by that, I mean, they had the training, the size, the capability to defend their country. This comes down to an issue of will and leadership. And no, I did not, nor did anyone else see a collapse of an army that size in 11 days."
"Let me make one comment on the intelligence, because I am seeing all over the news it that there were warnings of a rapid collapse. I have previously said from this podium and in sworn testimony before Congress that the intelligence clearly indicated multiple scenarios were possible. One of those was an outright Taliban takeover following a rapid collapse of the Afghan security forces and the government. Another was a civil war. And a third was a negotiated settlement.

GEN. MILLEY: However, the timeframe of a rapid collapse, that was widely estimated and ranged from weeks to months and even years following our departure. There was nothing that I or anyone else saw that indicated a collapse of this army and this government in 11 days. Central Command submitted a variety of plans that were briefed and approved by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Secretary of Defense, and the President. These plans are coordinated, synchronized, and rehearsed to deal with these various scenarios. One of those contingencies is what we are executing right now. As I said before, there's plenty of time to do AARs, and key lessons learned and to delve into these questions with great detail. But right now is not that time. Right now, we have to focus on this mission because we have soldiers at risk. And we also have American citizens and Afghans who supported us for 20 years also at risk. This is personal, and we're going to get them out. And we, in uniform, have a deep commitment to this mission."
General/Dr. Quooter President Biden said the buck stops with him there will be a investigation let's see what comes out of it.
Now General/Dr. Quooter what about the other lie you haven't attempted to answer that one
11 days...let that sink in.  The army we have sank billions into collapsed in 11 days.
Time to see where our money is being wasted maybe try to do something like Trump done with the USPS see if you can make it break even or just maybe turn a profit run it like a business what's your opinion Dr/General Quooter ?
Messages In This Thread
RE: U.S. officials provided Taliban with names of Americans, Afghan allies to evacuate - by vector#1 - 08-31-2021, 09:20 AM