Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does the opposing Party root for the President to fail?
(10-16-2021, 11:29 AM)The Outsider Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 07:30 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: ^Which parts of Trump's agenda were you hoping to see him implement successfully?

For me to hope that Biden's presidency would succeed, he would need to scrap his left-wing agenda entirely. I am opposed to all illegal immigration. I am opposed to federal government mandates of vaccinations that circumvent the constitutional legislative process. I am opposed to race-based policies that benefit some races at the expense of other races. I am opposed to resettling unvetted Afghanis anywhere in this country. I support policies that are intended to provide energy independence for this country. I oppose policies that require individuals, corporations or government entities to use renewable sources of energy over fossil fuels.

Why should I be hoping that Joe Biden succeeds, given that he is actively pursuing an agenda that I believe is doing great harm to this country?

The stock market did well for the most part while Trump was in office.  The replacement of NAFTA may have been the biggest accomplishment during his tenure.  The First Step Act was a step forward in the reform of the criminal justice system.

I'm not really referring to the President being successful in attaining their agendas, but the Country being prosperous during their terms.  I have no use for a lot of the Democratic agenda either.
I don't think that many people want to see the country fail, no matter who is in the White House. The problem is that when a president attempts to implement bad policies that have already failed in the past, it is impossible for the country to succeed to the extent that it should. As this country plunges deeper into debt and manufactures fewer products necessary for our own security, the margin of error shrinks. There are limits to the ability of our economy and system of government to absorb the impact of extremely weak leadership in the Oval Office.

When conservatives predict that policies such as open borders, an energy policy based on "Climate Change," attempts to deprive individuals of constitutional rights by circumventing the legislative process, social engineering within the military, etc. will weaken our nation, and those policies do in fact fail, then there is nothing wrong with issuing heartfelt "I told you so"s. Joe Biden's policies are failing across the board and the consequences of those policy failures are hitting average Americans with a vengeance. Biden's response? Proposing more spending on social welfare programs under false pretenses and begging OPEC to increase the production of crude oil to make up for this nation's declining oil production.

I honestly do not see how Democrats can avoid replacing Biden in the White House. Will that help? Probably not because Kamala Harris is even more liberal than Biden and almost as unpopular. She will not likely offer any effective solutions to the problems that Biden has created - more spending, more taxes, more misery, and less freedom.