Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Grandpa! What's fer Dinner? (or breakfast or lunch)
Covid and apartment living have changed my dining habits. I love to cook but I have a small kitchen that makes cooking more challenging and less fun than it was when I had more room. Thanks, to DoorDash, I have expanded the variety of food that I eat. So, what is on your table and did the pandemic change the way that you eat?

Recently, I have been on a Hawaiian food kick. Last night, I had DoorDash deliver a musubi, with a slice of Spam and Japanese fried chicken sandwiched between sushi rice and wrapped in toasted seaweed. Musubis are a type of sandwich where sushi rice replaces the bread. They are widely available in Hawaii, including gas stations on the islands.

As I type this, a DoorDash driver is on the way with tonight's dinner, a poke bowl with teriyaki steak and shrimp. Traditional poke is made with raw tuna or octopus but I have not developed a taste for raw sushi.

So, what has been on your table and has the pandemic changed your dining habits?
Messages In This Thread
Hey, Grandpa! What's fer Dinner? (or breakfast or lunch) - by Hoot Gibson - 06-12-2022, 04:17 PM