Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Presidential election
(10-20-2022, 01:13 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-20-2022, 12:40 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Who will most likely be the Republican and Democratic nominees for POTUS in ‘24? 

I was for Trump in 2016 and 2020 but this time around I think I’m going to support DeSantis if he decides to run. I believe the worst thing that could happen with the GOP is to go with Trump. Just too much baggage , some of it undeserved and some not, for him to win, unless the opponent is Biden or Harris, which I don’t think it will be. The Democrats  are doing everything in their power to keep Trump off the ballot and that is puzzling because his nomination would actually be their easiest route to keep the White House.
I agree. I also voted for Trump twice and still believe that the election was stolen from him in 2020 - but that is not a good enough reason to support a candidate as old as President Trump who, as you say, has substantial baggage of his own. I am not sure that Trump would beat Biden or Harris in 2024. I hate to think so little of my fellow Americans, but I still have trouble understanding how Joe Biden could have beaten the worst possible candidate that the Republicans could have found in 2020.

Biden has been a crooked politician for most of his life. As a young man, he was an idiot, and now he is a senile idiot, IMO. I remember when Biden was a laughingstock among members of the liberal media because of his clumsy attempts at plagiarism and his tendency to tell whoppers that were so easily proven false.

Another Republican who would make a good president, IMO, is Gov. Jim Abbott of Texas. There are countless Republicans who would make a better president than any likely Democrat candidate in 2024.

Tulsi Gabbard, who recently left the Democrat Party, is a potential wildcard in the 2024 election. She was too conservative to with the nomination in the Democrat Party. I would not be surprised to see some moderate Republican choose her as a running mate during the primaries - maybe even Trump - although she seems to smart to accept an offer from Trump. I would also not be shocked if she launched a third-party campaign. She is smart, attractive, articulate, and I believe a Major in the National Guard Reserves. Depending on who the Republican nominee is, a Gabbard independent campaign could hurt Republicans worse than it would hurt Democrats.
^Just to be clear, I meant that I have trouble believing that Joe Biden could have been a much worse Republican candidate in 2020. My wording could be interpreted as me saying that Trump was the worst possible candidate Republicans could have nominated in 2020 and that is not what I meant at all.
Messages In This Thread
2024 Presidential election - by LOOKAYANNER - 10-20-2022, 12:40 PM
RE: 2024 Presidential election - by Hoot Gibson - 10-20-2022, 01:13 PM
RE: 2024 Presidential election - by Hoot Gibson - 10-20-2022, 08:05 PM
RE: 2024 Presidential election - by Granny Bear - 10-30-2022, 07:15 PM
RE: 2024 Presidential election - by Hoot Gibson - 11-05-2022, 09:52 AM
RE: 2024 Presidential election - by Hound05 - 11-14-2022, 09:50 AM
RE: 2024 Presidential election - by TheRealThing - 11-29-2022, 10:49 PM