Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liz(Cheney) & Me: What's the World Coming To?
What's this world coming to when I like Liz Cheney more than I like the lady who is next in line to the presidency (Harris)?  While I'm not in love with Liz' ultra-conservative politics, I like her courage and the strength of her convictions. There are next to no courageous politicians on either side of the aisle anymore. Democrats and Republicans both are a bunch of cowards. Everything is political expediency. Liz took a stand, knowing it would cost her , not only her leadership position in the House, but eventually her Senate seat as well. That's courage that we need more of from our representatives in Washington. I think she's a patriot.

This thread is about what you think Liz's future is in the GOP? Trump's on the way out, it seems.  Does Liz regain status within the party or has she completely ostracized herself from playing any future role? Does Liz make a political comeback or does she remain a woman without a party?

In polls, she garners 2, maybe 3% support among Republican voters. I'd say she would fare much better if she ran in a Democratic primary than she would running for the GOP nomination.

What do you all think? Is she done as a Republican or does she make a comeback in the days after Trump , becoming a power player again in Republican politics?  At one time, she looked like a viable future candidate for the presidency.   Now, she has Republicans wanting to stone her in a public square .

What's the world coming to?  Guys like me like Liz more than former Democrat Kyrsten Sinema or VP Harris and guys like Hoot and Jet like Kyrsten and Manchin more than Mitch and McCarthy ?

What in the hell is the world coming to ???