Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McConnell & Omnibus: Did He Allow Democrats to Rob the New GOP House Majority?
That old bastard has political instincts like no one I've seen in my lifetime. You have to think he feels like a victor in the Omnibus negotiations, with policy gains and banking leverage in  an inevitable battle next year over increasing the debt limit. My question is, should he have delayed the Omnibus vote until after Republicans took over control of the House, when Republicans would have had more leverage? He obviously wanted this goliath of a spending bill to be passed now. I read months and months ago where he had made deals with Biden to not run intereference with Joe's spending initiatives. 

Let's face it, Mitch owns this.  He's banking that he will come out looking stronger in the end. We'll see. I never, EVER underestimate him. He may be a bastard but he's your bastard and he's been one of the shrewest politicians in any of our lifetimes.  However, let's once and for all never attach the moniker "Conservative" to him again.  Can you be an ideological conservative and support a $1.7 B  spending bill with so much pork in it that pigs all over are fleeing the country for India. ?

Guess, we'll see eventually if Mitch played his cards right, yet again. He may have chosen to rob the new GOP House majority for his own ill-gotten political gain. Only time will tell.

(12-28-2022, 05:03 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: That old bastard has political instincts like no one I've seen in my lifetime. You have to think he feels like a victor in the Omnibus negotiations, with policy gains and banking leverage in  an inevitable battle next year over increasing the debt limit. My question is, should he have delayed the Omnibus vote until after Republicans took over control of the House, when Republicans would have had more leverage? He obviously wanted this goliath of a spending bill to be passed now. I read months and months ago where he had made deals with Biden to not run intereference with Joe's spending initiatives. 

Let's face it, Mitch owns this.  He's banking that he will come out looking stronger in the end. We'll see. I never, EVER underestimate him. He may be a bastard but he's your bastard and he's been one of the shrewest politicians in any of our lifetimes.  However, let's once and for all never attach the moniker "Conservative" to him again.  Can you be an ideological conservative and support a $1.7 B  spending bill with so much pork in it that pigs all over are fleeing the country for India. ?

Guess, we'll see eventually if Mitch played his cards right, yet again. He may have chosen to rob the new GOP House majority for his own ill-gotten political gain.  Only time will tell.

Correction:   Mitch's Omnibus is 1.7 T ,  trillion , not billion !!!!   Wrap your heads around that. Maybe that's "Conservative" by today's standards. Seems Mitch and 17 other GOP senators think so.
Messages In This Thread
McConnell & Omnibus: Did He Allow Democrats to Rob the New GOP House Majority? - by Old School Hound - 12-28-2022, 05:03 PM