Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 14th Region Rankings and Predictions
(02-23-2024, 10:22 PM)Baseball247 Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 08:27 PM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote:
(02-19-2024, 01:19 PM)williamsfan1930 Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 02:15 PM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote: [quote pid="2442354" dateline="1707019308"]

Truthfully we don't know what Powell has for offense. If you look at khsaa for 2023 then you see that several changes should have happened throughout the season but they never did. Too much talent sat the bench over there in 2023.

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ts_89341_0
What changes are you talking about?

So Powell had 10 players with any significant AB's in 2023. Thacker hit .221 but if you take out the games against weak teams... what is Thacker hitting? Also looking at the stats it does not look like Thacker had a hit in the first 6 games?!?!?! I know the freshman class over there was pretty big last season and you only have 10 players with opportunities to contribute the entire season?? 

Compare that with Estill. Who gave lots of players opportunities to contribute. Looks like they had 14 or 15 kids with opportunities.

Powell has a lot more talent and it is not being utlized.
I can definitely agree with this. To be honest I believe their JV team Vs the Varsity team would have been at least competitive. Lots of young talent there. I hear of a lot of negative rumblings out of there though. People always talking about transferring elsewhere or not playing at all anymore. Will be interesting to see if more kids will get opportunities this year. But with 2 dads on the coaching staff that have 3 kids that’s probably 3 spots that won’t be so flexible. Just the facts. Hard to set your assistant coaches kids if they aren’t playing well. Makes for an uncomfortable dugout.

(02-23-2024, 10:22 PM)Baseball247 Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 08:27 PM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote:
(02-19-2024, 01:19 PM)williamsfan1930 Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 02:15 PM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote: [quote pid="2442354" dateline="1707019308"]

Truthfully we don't know what Powell has for offense. If you look at khsaa for 2023 then you see that several changes should have happened throughout the season but they never did. Too much talent sat the bench over there in 2023.

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ts_89341_0
What changes are you talking about?

So Powell had 10 players with any significant AB's in 2023. Thacker hit .221 but if you take out the games against weak teams... what is Thacker hitting? Also looking at the stats it does not look like Thacker had a hit in the first 6 games?!?!?! I know the freshman class over there was pretty big last season and you only have 10 players with opportunities to contribute the entire season?? 

Compare that with Estill. Who gave lots of players opportunities to contribute. Looks like they had 14 or 15 kids with opportunities.

Powell has a lot more talent and it is not being utlized.
I can definitely agree with this. To be honest I believe their JV team Vs the Varsity team would have been at least competitive. Lots of young talent there. I hear of a lot of negative rumblings out of there though. People always talking about transferring elsewhere or not playing at all anymore. Will be interesting to see if more kids will get opportunities this year. But with 2 dads on the coaching staff that have 3 kids that’s probably 3 spots that won’t be so flexible. Just the facts. Hard to set your assistant coaches kids if they aren’t playing well. Makes for an uncomfortable dugout.

[/quote]

Why don’t if those dads are causing problems and allowing their kids to play when shouldn’t be. someone should go to the head coach or to other school officials and get them removed. Shouldn’t be that hard to get them removed if they are in fact taking advantage of the situation. I’ve heard of both of those coaches. I know one has coached for years with the mid American prospect and the other has been associated with the little league and also coached for years. Both of those guys have coached kids from all over eastern ky and won at every level that they have coached. I believe if I had a kid in that program I would want answers. I’d be confronting the coaches in person and asking the tough questions and demanding answers from.

I don’t know the whole situation or if there is any problems. I just know it’s never good to have dads on a coaching staff. Hard to play your best players or give anyone new a chance. 
[/quote]
Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 14th Region Rankings and Predictions - by Radial_Armsaw - 02-26-2024, 12:01 AM