Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 14th Region Rankings and Predictions
(02-24-2024, 09:48 PM)Bulldog19 Wrote: I think it’s a two horse race between Breathitt and Wolfe, but I could see Knott and Powell having something to say about that. Breathitt has to find a way to win when Bellamy isn’t on the bump or else I could see them falling. Same way with Letcher when the Williams kid isn’t pitching for them. After watching Wolfe last year knocking off Hazard and them being so young I gotta think Wolfe is probably the most talented team in the region but has to have some pitching step up.
I think it will come down to which team develops arms better. If Wolfe can get their lefty going he may be the answer for Wolfe. Howard and Tincher both could develop into really good arms as well.

(02-26-2024, 03:23 PM)Bulldog19 Wrote: Powell definitely has problems with the baseball team. I do agree that it is a terrible look for a parent to coach at the high school level especially if their kid isn't just leaps and bounds better and there be no doubt. But rather then complain on this forum, how about the kids that isn't playing gets on the field and leaves no doubt to the coaches that they belong on the field.

Unfortunately there aren’t a lot of young coaches willing to coach for little to no money. It use to be you had assistant coaches that spent years under a head coach and learning. Maybe even under multiple coaches learning. Nowadays everyone is getting offered positions before they ever prove themselves. Because of that it also kills your pool of assistants to choose from. At the end of the day dads are the only ones willing to put in the same amount of time the head coach puts in and do it for free. It does cause issues and if head coaches can be very firm on the boundaries they want then it could work.
Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 14th Region Rankings and Predictions - by 14th Official - 02-27-2024, 07:32 PM