Rate This Thread - NEW COACH AT SHELBY VALLEY?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 01-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SVHERO#74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEW COACH AT SHELBY VALLEY?
Who will be the new head coach at Shelby Valley? Has any one heard anything else about this?
Send a private message to SVHERO#74 Add SVHERO#74 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 01-20-2005, 05:17 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Beef will become famous soon enoughBeef will become famous soon enough
I think Ben Howard...if im not mistaken
Send a private message to Beef Add Beef to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I didn't really know and was makeing sure because that is what I've heard around the county! Would that be a good decision to get Valley a new coach???
Send a private message to SVHERO#74 Add SVHERO#74 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 01:30 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
liveMAROON is an unknown quantity at this point
Most defintely SVHERO.........Valley as i see it is on a downward spiral but with the lasck of success they have been having it is safe to say a coach change could'nt hurt....althoug not sure if it could help either.....valleys program is slowly deteriorating. I have heard some good things about Howardbut the question you have to ask yourself HERO is.......Will Howard know how to take a team and run it right off the bat to produce a force in AA......i just dont see it happening
Send a private message to liveMAROON Add liveMAROON to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:41 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well it doesn't make alot of since when Howard that was once QB coah at Pikeville Collage, come to a school that has been 5-6 for the past 2 years. Is he going to make valley better or worse?? Will they be better and become a small team powerhouse?? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 01-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
panthermania is an unknown quantity at this point
Noo...Not a chance...
Send a private message to panthermania Add panthermania to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:56 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
pantherboya is an unknown quantity at this point
I think shelby valley will be a really good football team in a few years and i am not for sure but i have heard rumors that ben howard has a teaching job at valley right now and will be there head coach next year 2005

Good luck
Send a private message to pantherboya Add pantherboya to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:31 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
panthermania is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah...He is in the bag at SV........I still think it will take them a few years to become anything above the level of OK....
Send a private message to panthermania Add panthermania to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Liked 111 Times in 84 Posts
crazytaxidriver will become famous soon enoughcrazytaxidriver will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to crazytaxidriver Send a message via AIM to crazytaxidriver
I agree with you PM. It'll take him a couple years to get things goin for SV.
Send a private message to crazytaxidriver Add crazytaxidriver to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
4leaf is on a distinguished road
Do you think they'll be better because of Howard being the coach now? And how will he help them?
Send a private message to 4leaf Add 4leaf to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Starter
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hurley is an unknown quantity at this point
SV and Pike Central always seem to have coaching problems. Hopefully in the next few years both will have reliable ones.
Send a private message to Hurley Add Hurley to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Administrator

crazytaxidriver will become famous soon enoughcrazytaxidriver will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to crazytaxidriver Send a message via AIM to crazytaxidriver
Originally Posted by 4leaf
Do you think they'll be better because of Howard being the coach now? And how will he help them?
Valley had some decent talent last year, so if this new coach can get the kids to listen to him then I think they will be alright..
Send a private message to crazytaxidriver Add crazytaxidriver to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:20 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Next year they will be returning John Johnson, Colby Newsome, Chris Tackett, and a Sophmore who I think will be there starting QB and that is Tyler Johnson.
Send a private message to pantherboya Add pantherboya to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:16 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wildcat_75 is an unknown quantity at this point
they will also have most of the o-line returning with the exception of a tackle and a guard....and only one of those 2 had good talent
Send a private message to wildcat_75 Add wildcat_75 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm not trying to be mean or nothing but you know pantherboya if you have watched them boys play they couldn't!!! John couldn't play for his ankle, Chris is not that good as everyone trys to put him to be!! And matter of fact they made pikecouty team, which I think other people should have got to be in there spots!
Old 01-27-2005, 07:41 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
POOFACE is an unknown quantity at this point
Eric Ratliff will be head coach at SVHS.......Not Ben.. Good luck up their Ratliff....You'll need it...
Send a private message to POOFACE Add POOFACE to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What, is this just your opinion or have you heard this from a reliable source.
Send a private message to 4leaf Add 4leaf to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 02:39 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wildcat_75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well whoever the new coach is going to be. I hope they can turn this team into a winning program. Weve carried ourselves to the playoffs 2 years in a row on talent alone. Dont get me wrong we have some good coaches but i believe a new start at the top will be the best thing for us. Look for the new head coach to be named within the next 2 weeks.
Send a private message to wildcat_75 Add wildcat_75 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:05 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
POOFACE is an unknown quantity at this point
I heard hal Mumme is going to be next coach up there...They better bring back Bear Bryant or Lombardi to fix that mess up there.
Send a private message to POOFACE Add POOFACE to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by POOFACE
I heard hal Mumme is going to be next coach up there...They better bring back Bear Bryant or Lombardi to fix that mess up there.
Tell you the truth I don't think them people you listed is even in the metion up at valley. In matter of fact who is this people
Old 02-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by SVHERO#74
Originally Posted by POOFACE
Tell you the truth I don't think them people you listed is even in the metion up at valley. In matter of fact who is this people

Mumme is the former UK coach, Bryant is the former Texas A&M coach (also coached at uk for a while, and I thought he was dead), Lombardi, well he's about the greatest coach ever.

And that was uncalled for POOFACE.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
pcbear17 is an unknown quantity at this point
i hate to bust ur guys hopes up, but a very good source told me that his salary has been upped to get him to stay on with the college and he accepted. He could be teaching at valley but that would be it. He loves the college game too much.
Send a private message to pcbear17 Add pcbear17 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kyfootballfan is an unknown quantity at this point
About Ben Howard...around Valley I've seen him doing more talking to Andy Moberly, one of the basketball coaches than anyone dealing with the football program.
Send a private message to kyfootballfan Add kyfootballfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:17 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
spxdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 4leaf
Howard has not been hired as coach of the Wildcats...let's be careful with our statements.
Send a private message to spxdad Add spxdad to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 06:31 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have heard from many reliable sources and they have told me that howard will be the head coach for sure, just what people have told me and very reliable ones.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:37 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry spxdad, I didnt mean for it to sound like he IS the coach. Just wondered how much it would help IF he was the coach.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kyfootballfan is an unknown quantity at this point
these 4 have applied for the job

Anthony Hampton
Ben Howard
Greg Newsome
Bobby Branham

i have heard that any of the first 3 have a shot at the job just have to wait it out and see who gets it
Send a private message to kyfootballfan Add kyfootballfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
spxdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by kyfootballfan
these 4 have applied for the job

Anthony Hampton
Ben Howard
Greg Newsome
Bobby Branham

i have heard that any of the first 3 have a shot at the job just have to wait it out and see who gets it
I heard this job has been officially posted and the posting will not close until Feb 24th.
Send a private message to spxdad Add spxdad to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football