Rate This Thread - Pike County Central 35 - Greenup County 27.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 176 Times in 143 Posts
GOREDDEVILS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pike County Central 35 - Greenup County 27
final
Send a private message to GOREDDEVILS Add GOREDDEVILS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Suspended
Liked 1,219 Times in 683 Posts
Belfry0304 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Belfry0304
Just left this one. PCC only scored 3 offensive TDs, one that Greenup let them have to get the ball back. #44 for Greenup was the best player on the field. Two late fumbles spoil the comeback bid.
Send a private message to Belfry0304 Add Belfry0304 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:32 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 1,011 Times in 702 Posts
FBALL is a jewel in the roughFBALL is a jewel in the roughFBALL is a jewel in the rough
PCC that far down?

Williams is a player. I called that when I saw him as a freshman. Best player they have by far.
Send a private message to FBALL Add FBALL to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:46 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Location: greater is HE that is in ME, than he that is in the world.
Liked 409 Times in 288 Posts
cuppett777 will become famous soon enough
congrats to pcc
Send a private message to cuppett777 Add cuppett777 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:36 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 651 Times in 526 Posts
Mr. Pike Central will become famous soon enoughMr. Pike Central will become famous soon enough
Yeah, I was at the game last night.

Early on it appeared that this game was heading towards a Pike Central route taking an early 21-0 lead.

But boy, after halftime Pike Central's defense almost completely vanished...seemed like everytime I turned my head Greenup Co. was scoring at will.

Offensively for Pike Central, thought they looked ok...but definitely has much to improve on.

They didn't take many shots downfield similiar to how Boggs & Company had done the past 2 season, I know Mac Justice did hit Wes Pugh for a downfield TD.

If I had to give a offensive MVP for Pike Central, I'd definitely give it to Marcus Johnson, he made some really good runs and scored both offensively and defensively.

Props to Greenup Co. for the hard fought game.

Pike Central really need to work to get better.
Send a private message to Mr. Pike Central Add Mr. Pike Central to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Statistician
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Steelermatt is on a distinguished road
Greenup County has a completely different style of of offense as compared to last year. They came out trying to throw the ball but it was mostly to PCC resulting in 2 back to back untouched pick 6's. Was 21-0 at the end of the first quarter. GC defense was overall tough the entire game and once the offense settled down and they adjusted to PCC's pressure defense by having junior Jeffery Williams run the ball. He had 230ish yards and 3 TD's all in the final 3 quarters.

Game was 28-27 when GC missed an extra point with 8 min. to go in the 4th. Just too many turnovers for GC. 3 picks and 3 fumbles plus having 2 or 3 other times they probably should've lost the ball but recovered. For an 0-10 team last year and starting out on the road, this was great growing experience. Really enjoyed myself at Pike County Central. Fans were great, was super easy to find and get in and out of. Would be great if the two teams would continue playing after this year. Would make a nice series.
Mr. Pike Central (08-18-2012)
Send a private message to Steelermatt Add Steelermatt to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Suspended
Liked 275 Times in 188 Posts
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN is on a distinguished road
Glad the Hawks pulled this one out, but I think they are in for a long, hard year.
Send a private message to NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Add NEWARKCATHOLICFAN to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Statistician
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Steelermatt is on a distinguished road
I think Pike County Central will be fine this year. They aren't what they were last year but they will grow and improve and be even better next year and going forward. I think they are also a pretty young team overall similar to Greenup County. Greenup just isn't nearly as bad as they were last year which was pretty dang bad.
Send a private message to Steelermatt Add Steelermatt to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 53 Times in 38 Posts
sportsguru4u is on a distinguished road
Pike Central will be more than fine as they have Phelps on the slate next and will be able to work on their offense game. Also According to how good Powell Co is gonna be this year Pike Central plays them at home the week after the Phelps game so yet another opportunity to get better on both sides of the ball. Then an away game against Shelby Valley will give them a small road test before finally having a true test against Prestonsburg which by then the Hawks should have finally settled in to there offensive scheme. I believe Pike Central will be a team that dramatically gets better as the season goes along.
Send a private message to sportsguru4u Add sportsguru4u to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Statistician
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
grim_reminder is on a distinguished road
Greenup needs to forget about the passing game they would be a lot better off.
Send a private message to grim_reminder Add grim_reminder to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football