Rate This Thread - Rockcastle County 29 Grant County 14.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Scout Team
Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
rocket01 is on a distinguished road
Default Rockcastle County 29 Grant County 14
final
Send a private message to rocket01 Add rocket01 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:25 PM
State Champion

Liked 123 Times in 82 Posts
BellCoBobcats09 is on a distinguished road
Congrats Rockets
Send a private message to BellCoBobcats09 Add BellCoBobcats09 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:30 PM
MOD

Liked 7,663 Times in 5,300 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Dont know much about Grant County.
How good are they?
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 317 Times in 207 Posts
MtnHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
Congratulations Rockcastle Co.!
Send a private message to MtnHSFootballFan Add MtnHSFootballFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:43 PM
2nd String
Liked 551 Times in 315 Posts
papagrit is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
Dont know much about Grant County.
How good are they?
They have potential, but, they have a way to go.
The Rockets got lax in the second quarter with a 14-0 lead and didn't lay down the kill blow. Grant County tied it up with a safety on a fumble and two touchdowns with failed conversions in the second mostly with passing. Rockcastle got a little fire lit under their tails at halftime, but, Grant County stayed in it with the Rockets getting about 130-150 yards in penalties, mostly in the second half. There was a three or so minutes stretch that I counted about 80 yards in penalties. Rockcastle was fortunate to leave with the win. McDaniel had over 300 yards in rushing and the team total was around 400 yards offense.
LWC (08-19-2012)
Send a private message to papagrit Add papagrit to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
New Mexico is on a distinguished road
Congratulations to the Rockets. As a fan I hate to see a team get called for 4 chop blocks on the offensive line. This illegal blocking technique is the most dangerous penalty in the game. This blocking technique is not something that high school kids do on there own, they are taught this technique. There is no place in football for this. Grant lost their DT to this illegal blocking technique with an Achilles injury. A black eye to good football team. Congrats again Rockets.
Send a private message to New Mexico Add New Mexico to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Scout Team
Liked 189 Times in 126 Posts
rustyankle is on a distinguished road
Congrats Rock , the penaltys kept them from gaining momentum got some work to do but very proud right now
Send a private message to rustyankle Add rustyankle to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:06 PM
All American

Liked 1,451 Times in 1,020 Posts
panther nation is on a distinguished road
Congrats rockets
Send a private message to panther nation Add panther nation to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Starter
Liked 71 Times in 52 Posts
rebel 4 life is on a distinguished road
who got injured for grant ?
Send a private message to rebel 4 life Add rebel 4 life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:18 AM
This is my favorite pastime

Liked 4,627 Times in 3,182 Posts
Stardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to behold
8/18/2012
Rockcastle Co. 29 Grant Co. 14
Grant Co. 0 14 0 0 14
Rockcastle Co. 14 0 8 7 29
Scoring summary:
At Harrison Co.
RC--Jacob Bussell 6 run (Tyler McCormick kick); RC--Bussell 10 run (McCormick kick); GC--Safety, quarterback tackled in end zone; GC--Derek Sutherland 40 pass from Shelby Caudill (kick failed); GC--Lucas Alger 50 pass from Caudill (kick failed); RC--Damien McDaniel 2 run (McDaniel run); RC--Bussell 8 run (McCormick kick).
Records: Rockcastle Co. 1-0, Grant Co. 0-1.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/16/2...#storylink=cpy
Old 08-19-2012, 08:26 AM
State Champion

Liked 446 Times in 301 Posts
GetChili is on a distinguished road
Congrats to the ROCK!
Send a private message to GetChili Add GetChili to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:38 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 1,016 Times in 792 Posts
LWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by New Mexico View Post
Congratulations to the Rockets. As a fan I hate to see a team get called for 4 chop blocks on the offensive line. This illegal blocking technique is the most dangerous penalty in the game. This blocking technique is not something that high school kids do on there own, they are taught this technique. There is no place in football for this. Grant lost their DT to this illegal blocking technique with an Achilles injury. A black eye to good football team. Congrats again Rockets.
I really hate to hear this. I remember myself going through the feeder system and having friends that went all the way from 2nd grade to high school graduation playing football that were never taught that stuff. A couple of them would go to camps or other things hosted by colleges or things that would either teach or show videos of different things.

I will say that, to my knowledge, the Rocket coaching staff doesn't teach this. There are other things that every school teaches that are illegal but cause no harm to the other person, (how to hold someones jersey without getting caught, how to have slick footwork to get an extra foot in placement from the refs, etc...) however I, like you, would like to see those blocks done away with forever.

Please know that if I knew that someone was doing something that intentionally caused pain to these kids, I would NOT defend it or them.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Head Coach

Liked 624 Times in 433 Posts
ROCKSOLID69 is on a distinguished road
I had a race and didnt make it to this game, and it about killed me. glad my Rockets got the W. Got frankfort next week
LWC (08-19-2012)
Send a private message to ROCKSOLID69 Add ROCKSOLID69 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football