Rate This Thread - Open Job: Breathitt County.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:58 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
justthefacts is on a distinguished road
Default Open Job: Breathitt County
With Amis leaving to take the Eminence job, who takes over the Bobcats?
Send a private message to justthefacts Add justthefacts to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:21 PM
Scout Team
Liked 100 Times in 77 Posts
OutsideLookingIn is on a distinguished road
Wow what is brewing at Eminence? Does it remind Amis of Buckhorn? Does have some benefits if explored properly.
Send a private message to OutsideLookingIn Add OutsideLookingIn to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
#P3 is on a distinguished road
Heard Brandon Hayes left June Buchannon... Is he a favorite being a former Bobcat?
Send a private message to #P3 Add #P3 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:57 PM
2nd String
Liked 134 Times in 109 Posts
KentuckyFan35 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by OutsideLookingIn View Post
Wow what is brewing at Eminence? Does it remind Amis of Buckhorn? Does have some benefits if explored properly.
Robert Paul Amis was never at Buckhorn!
Send a private message to KentuckyFan35 Add KentuckyFan35 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:50 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
wannacat is on a distinguished road
It's Doug Noble's job to take if he wants it, from what i'm hearing.
Send a private message to wannacat Add wannacat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:52 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Who knows for sure though. Chairman of the board hired their husband's first cousin as girls coach even though he has no coaching or playing experience. Her husband may have another cousin that's a janitor or something that may need the extra pay to coach, who knows. The smart hire is Doug Noble though.
Send a private message to wannacat Add wannacat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
Reds#1Fan is on a distinguished road
Any news on a coach yet?
Send a private message to Reds#1Fan Add Reds#1Fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Home of the Chicago Cubs!

Liked 1,276 Times in 1,060 Posts
Strikeout King will become famous soon enough
Have heard that John Noble was the front runner
Old 08-08-2017, 10:24 PM
Cheerleader
John noble would be a good hire if they can get him but I think Breathitt will have a hard time giving him what he would want to come.
Send a private message to Reds#1Fan Add Reds#1Fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:49 PM
Starter
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Bluecat is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Strikeout King View Post
Have heard that John Noble was the front runner
It would be a huge hire I don't think it'll happen.
Send a private message to Bluecat Add Bluecat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:58 PM
Water Boy
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Coin Toss is on a distinguished road
I hear SEVERAL applications have been submitted. I have not heard a front runner at this point.
Send a private message to Coin Toss Add Coin Toss to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Cheerleader
Still no word on this job? You would think they would want to get someone in place asap.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:31 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 37 Times in 29 Posts
rawlingsfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Reds#1Fan View Post
John noble would be a good hire if they can get him but I think Breathitt will have a hard time giving him what he would want to come.
Breathitt County pays really good. But I think the majority of the community and school culture and climate keeps any good coach from wanting to come, and if they do come they don't seem to stay very long.

No way he would consider moving his family to Jackson. No way he should agree to go into the classroom either. It's just different. A lot of the good young talent has migrated up the hill to Jackson City, plus O'Hair went to Estill County, and Parks is now at Hazard.
Send a private message to rawlingsfan Add rawlingsfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:33 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Snow is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rawlingsfan View Post
Breathitt County pays really good. But I think the majority of the community and school culture and climate keeps any good coach from wanting to come, and if they do come they don't seem to stay very long.

No way he would consider moving his family to Jackson. No way he should agree to go into the classroom either. It's just different. A lot of the good young talent has migrated up the hill to Jackson City, plus O'Hair went to Estill County, and Parks is now at Hazard.
I agree.
Send a private message to Snow Add Snow to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:49 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Breathitt is a coaching graveyard. The school system is littered with ex-boys coaches like Glen Napier, Doug Noble and Steve Banks. Not to mention Baker, Denny Fugate, Roscoe Denny, Amis etc etc... The whole school system has always been controlled by a few. Now its even worse. Breathitt County schools is no different now then when controlled by disgraced former superintendent, Arch Turner. The chairman of the board's husband controls every personnel move up too and including the coaches. His first cousin with no playing or coaching experience was recently hired as the girls coach. Whats worse is he has a son that is or will soon be a Bobcat. He will hand pick the boys coach to his liking and if his son is not taken care of this coach will be dismissed, no matter how good a coach he is. That is a fact. Whats worse this board member and her husband are not even graduates of Breathitt Schools. Both are Riverside Alumni.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:08 AM
Starter
Liked 350 Times in 206 Posts
Cat Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Breathitt is a top five job in the 14th region, in my opinion. The only coaching jobs that would be considered a better job than Breathitt would be Knott, Hazard, Perry Central and maybe Letcher Central. Other than these schools, I don't see any coaching jobs in the 14th region being any more attractive. The problem is the "state takeover" of the school system and the negative impact it has had on sports in general. A lot of qualified people have been scared off and the state tends to want to hire people for these positions who are already in the school system. John Noble would be the clear cut choice if he applied, but I don't see him wanting the job at this time. Whenever the state is no longer in power of the school system, I think everyone will see drastic improvements in all high school sports.
Send a private message to Cat Daddy Add Cat Daddy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:52 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 37 Times in 29 Posts
rawlingsfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Cat Daddy View Post
Breathitt is a top five job in the 14th region, in my opinion. The only coaching jobs that would be considered a better job than Breathitt would be Knott, Hazard, Perry Central and maybe Letcher Central. Other than these schools, I don't see any coaching jobs in the 14th region being any more attractive. The problem is the "state takeover" of the school system and the negative impact it has had on sports in general. A lot of qualified people have been scared off and the state tends to want to hire people for these positions who are already in the school system. John Noble would be the clear cut choice if he applied, but I don't see him wanting the job at this time. Whenever the state is no longer in power of the school system, I think everyone will see drastic improvements in all high school sports.
I think Powell County and Estill County are better jobs without a doubt. Leslie County and Wolfe County IMO are also.

As far as all "other" aspects go. You should walk the halls at BHS, then go to Hazard, KCC, LCC, Powell or Estill and observe. The culture and atmosphere is night and day. No way anyone would uproot their child from a good school system and force them to go to BHS just so they could coach a sport, for any amount of money. Previous supt didn't even bring his child, and that position is the highest paid job in the district.
wannacat (08-17-2017)
Send a private message to rawlingsfan Add rawlingsfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:53 AM
Starter
Liked 350 Times in 206 Posts
Cat Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by rawlingsfan View Post
I think Powell County and Estill County are better jobs without a doubt. Leslie County and Wolfe County IMO are also.

As far as all "other" aspects go. You should walk the halls at BHS, then go to Hazard, KCC, LCC, Powell or Estill and observe. The culture and atmosphere is night and day. No way anyone would uproot their child from a good school system and force them to go to BHS just so they could coach a sport, for any amount of money. Previous supt didn't even bring his child, and that position is the highest paid job in the district.
I'm sorry, but any time a school system is under state operation for an extended period of time, you're going to see a decline in the atmosphere and the culture. There isn't a lot of enthusiasm within the school system, at this time. However, as I said earlier, when the state is no longer in charge, you are going to see a different environment. With that being said, Breathitt has a greater tradition than Estill, Powell, and Wolfe and to my knowledge it is a better paying job than all three listed above, although I may be wrong. At the end of the day, we will have to agree to disagree.
Send a private message to Cat Daddy Add Cat Daddy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:09 PM
Water Boy
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
mcn is on a distinguished road
I agree with CatDaddy. When the state comes in, they want to gain control of the culture. The quickest way is to pay close attention to athletics. If you notice where the state have been before, the athletic programs decline.....over time they are in disaray. Also I agree with the statement that the state wants you to hire within the district, a teacher that's already employed by the district. John Noble would be a great hire.... he has proven to do more with less. Hopefully Doug Noble will agree to coach
Send a private message to mcn Add mcn to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:04 PM
Cheerleader
At this point I think it's hard to say Breathitt is a better job than several schools. Their youth programs aren't near what they used to be and their high school has lost a lot of its enrollment in the last 5 years. They're in the All A now that tells you a lot right there. One thing you can't do at a small school is have constant coaching changes. You are fighting a uphill battle already against the larger schools and recruiting. I don't see Breathitt returning to a regional threat till they find a coach for longer than 2 years.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:54 AM
Scout Team
Liked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Who is Breathitt going to hire ?
Send a private message to Wolverine Add Wolverine to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:37 PM
Water Boy
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
mcn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
Who is Breathitt going to hire ?
From within the system....
Send a private message to mcn Add mcn to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:02 PM
Cheerleader
Heard that Breathitt interviewed today. Not sure who all they interviewed though. Any word on the hire yet?
Old 08-27-2017, 09:37 PM
Scout Team
Liked 95 Times in 85 Posts
hitter is on a distinguished road
roscoe denny. john noble already turned them down
Send a private message to hitter Add hitter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:07 PM
Cheerleader
So did Roscoe Denny just apply or get hired? Last I had heard of him he was dealing with some Heath issues. Hope he's doing better. He sure knows the game as well as anyone.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:02 PM
Scout Team
Liked 109 Times in 78 Posts
Paparazzi is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Reds#1Fan View Post
At this point I think it's hard to say Breathitt is a better job than several schools. Their youth programs aren't near what they used to be and their high school has lost a lot of its enrollment in the last 5 years. They're in the All A now that tells you a lot right there. One thing you can't do at a small school is have constant coaching changes. You are fighting a uphill battle already against the larger schools and recruiting. I don't see Breathitt returning to a regional threat till they find a coach for longer than 2 years.
Breathitt is not a 1a school my friend. The tournament allows a team or two from different classes to participate if there's not enough teams. Breathitt is still 3a.
Send a private message to Paparazzi Add Paparazzi to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Basketball King

Liked 24 Times in 22 Posts
JOBAKKA is on a distinguished road
Just heard John Noble to be announced as Coach
Send a private message to JOBAKKA Add JOBAKKA to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Admin-a-hater

Liked 2,614 Times in 1,811 Posts
zaga_fan will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JOBAKKA View Post
Just heard John Noble to be announced as Coach
That's correct.
Send a private message to zaga_fan Add zaga_fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:31 PM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Hammerin' Hank is on a distinguished road
I think that has to be a slap in the face to Buckhorn. He steps down to take an administrator position within the same school system and turns around and gets the breathitt county job. he must have figured out that the well is drying up in Buckhorn, better get out while you still have a good record
Send a private message to Hammerin' Hank Add Hammerin' Hank to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:16 PM
Starter
Liked 290 Times in 215 Posts
The_Rock is on a distinguished road
I dont think its a smack in the face to anyone. Maybe it was a time for a change for John Noble. Sometimes change is good. Hope nothing but the best for him. Whatever he does, I will support him. Great coach and even better person.
Bluecat (09-05-2017)
Send a private message to The_Rock Add The_Rock to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball