Rate This Thread - North Laurel 29 Whitley County 14.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:29 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,357 Times in 3,386 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Default North Laurel 29 Whitley County 14
Final

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:30 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,633 Times in 2,646 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
Nice win North Laurel
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:33 PM
Statistician
Liked 45 Times in 31 Posts
CoachNM0523 is on a distinguished road
Pretty surprised by this one. Harlan County controls their own destiny!
64SUR (09-29-2017)
Send a private message to CoachNM0523 Add CoachNM0523 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:14 PM
Starter

Liked 483 Times in 342 Posts
OldJacket is on a distinguished road
Congrats to North Laurel, this Whitley team is bipolar...
Old 09-29-2017, 10:16 PM
Admin-a-hater

Liked 2,598 Times in 1,801 Posts
zaga_fan will become famous soon enough
Well...
Perry and Harlan County now lead the district.
Send a private message to zaga_fan Add zaga_fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:17 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,460 Times in 1,913 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by OldJacket View Post
Congrats to North Laurel, this Whitley team is bipolar...
for sure.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:25 PM
MOD

Liked 7,663 Times in 5,300 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Bipolar is a nicer term than one should use here.
No reason for a team loaded with upperclassmen to come into this game as unprepared as they were.
Sadly it's become a habit.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:27 PM
MOD

RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
So if whitley beats Harlan county and forces a 3 way tie for district who wins the tie breaker?
I'm too tired to look it up at this point. It's non district wins that count. I assume Whitleys 3 non district wins will be bell, Leslie, and hazard if they beat hazard. East jessamine if not. Those teams should finish with a combined 12 or 13 wins, close to 18 if they are able to get by hazard
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:34 PM
2nd String
Liked 148 Times in 121 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
Harlan County would probably be in trouble in a three-way tie with only one non-district win. A tough schedule can hurt in situations like this.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:38 PM
MOD

Originally Posted by HCS View Post
Harlan County would probably be in trouble in a three-way tie with only one non-district win. A tough schedule can hurt in situations like this.
The best possible thing to do scheduling wise is to put one or trwo teams on there you know you'll beat but that you know will win 7 or 8 games like a perry central if they weren't in this district
Old 09-30-2017, 12:07 AM
Statistician
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Bossdaddy 4115 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
The best possible thing to do scheduling wise is to put one or trwo teams on there you know you'll beat but that you know will win 7 or 8 games like a perry central if they weren't in this district
Gut me and you have, I feel gotten closer in terms but your wrong in this one. You gotta play the best in order to get better, if not what good becomes of making it to tournament if you canít compete. All I am saying is better competition makes your team better. What hurts Whitley is you canít replace a Wilson at qb, he is good after this season it doesnít matter who you schedule your back to one dimensional with the run. I am sorry, I picked Whitley in this one by two scores but they dropped the ball. They was in drivers seat and went to sleep at the wheel. Best of luck ole buddy but the next few years are going to be rough I was pulling for big D Wilson in this season but itís gone. I donít see them having multiple options like they had this year and that makes it rough. Hats off to the Whitley county players I know,youíll Gave it all, but I think they wasnít prepared to stop north and this may be there season
Send a private message to Bossdaddy 4115 Add Bossdaddy 4115 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:10 AM
2nd String
Liked 148 Times in 121 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road

Very true, but it's not easy to find teams like that.
RunItUpTheGut (09-30-2017)
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:59 AM
Scout Team
Liked 114 Times in 77 Posts
bcpc is on a distinguished road
Wow.... surprised by this score.
Send a private message to bcpc Add bcpc to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:12 AM
Starter
Liked 46 Times in 37 Posts
F.N.L. is on a distinguished road
Statement win for North.
Send a private message to F.N.L. Add F.N.L. to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:17 AM
MOD

Originally Posted by Bossdaddy 4115 View Post
Gut me and you have, I feel gotten closer in terms but your wrong in this one. You gotta play the best in order to get better, if not what good becomes of making it to tournament if you can’t compete. All I am saying is better competition makes your team better. What hurts Whitley is you can’t replace a Wilson at qb, he is good after this season it doesn’t matter who you schedule your back to one dimensional with the run. I am sorry, I picked Whitley in this one by two scores but they dropped the ball. They was in drivers seat and went to sleep at the wheel. Best of luck ole buddy but the next few years are going to be rough I was pulling for big D Wilson in this season but it’s gone. I don’t see them having multiple options like they had this year and that makes it rough. Hats off to the Whitley county players I know,you’ll Gave it all, but I think they wasn’t prepared to stop north and this may be there season
I too believe you need to schedule good teams, but in terms of strategy, this district the last few years has been a 3 team race. If you have a 3 way tiebreaker, it's good to have those wins over a Leslie county per say that will win 7 games. Every point helps in the tiebreaker.

I did some quick math and the tiebreaker looks like this...

As of today...

Harlan County

Ashland - 6
No other non district wins. There only hope to pick up more points is to beat Bell which would probably result in about 5 more points but cancels out since Whitley also beat Bell.

North Laurel

South Laurel - 3 wins. (I only see one more win on their schedule of they can be at Harlan)
Prestonsburg - 3 wins. (I can see maybe 3 to 4 more wins. Good tie breaker game for north.)
East Jessamine - 3 wins. (Maybe one more win but would cancel out with Whitley as a common opponent)
Grant County - 0 wins. Would not count.
That Somerset game would have been a huge pick up for North.

Whitley County

Leslie County- 3 wins (possibly 5 wins)
East Jessamine - 3 wins ( maybe one more but is a common opponent win with North so it wouldn't help)
Bell County - 5 wins (possibly 7 wins. If they beat harlan county that would be huge)
If they beat Hazard that could win district for Whitley. So in other words the last week Whitley could be playing hazard for a district title and hazard may rest up since they'll have there district locked up. That would be about 7 wins.

So this is the likely scenario if Whitley beats Harlan County...

Whitley County - Around 13 points, closer to 16 if they knock off Hazard.

North Laurel - Around 12 points. Only non district game left is Clay and that won't help them replace one of their others

Harlan County - Around 7 points, could be 12 or 13 with a win over Bell.

If Whitley beats Harlan County in a couple of weeks, Whitley will be the one seed.
The two see will depend on whether or not Harlan County beats Bell in the final week of the year.

If Harlan County beats Whitley, they lock up the one seed and it'll be 1. Harlan County, 2. North Laurel, 3. Whitley County
Old 09-30-2017, 04:57 AM
Hall of Fame

Liked 936 Times in 631 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
I thought for sure Whitley would one this one. But and Doug ie and brainwashed me with this Whitley County team.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 04:58 AM
Scout Team
Liked 290 Times in 201 Posts
Van Hagar is on a distinguished road
Sure not gonna get on here and crow, picked against my own team in this one. Tip of the hat to Larkey and his staff for having Jags ready after two straight tough losses. And I know what we are assuming here with future district games, so no one thinks 6-0 Perry Central could pull just one upset and shake things up?
Send a private message to Van Hagar Add Van Hagar to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:20 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
KingCommodore is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Van Hagar View Post
Sure not gonna get on here and crow, picked against my own team in this one. Tip of the hat to Larkey and his staff for having Jags ready after two straight tough losses. And I know what we are assuming here with future district games, so no one thinks 6-0 Perry Central could pull just one upset and shake things up?
a 3-3 Whitley County could lose to Perry Central. You see it here. Their own fans are calling them bi polar. If the bad bad team shows up then whats gonna happen. After this loss you know how kids heads can get. Perry playing with confidence. Go Dores!
Send a private message to KingCommodore Add KingCommodore to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:30 AM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Sgt Quick Strike is on a distinguished road
Gut you may be trying to troll with the Perry thing but don't count your chickens before they hatch or you may end up hungry
KingCommodore (09-30-2017)
Send a private message to Sgt Quick Strike Add Sgt Quick Strike to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:37 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,337 Times in 1,652 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Congrats to North.
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:41 AM
Head Coach
Liked 512 Times in 370 Posts
insideinfo is on a distinguished road
This looks like It may come down to the last game before we know who the district champions are.
Send a private message to insideinfo Add insideinfo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:20 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Bossdaddy 4115 View Post
Gut me and you have, I feel gotten closer in terms but your wrong in this one. You gotta play the best in order to get better, if not what good becomes of making it to tournament if you canít compete. All I am saying is better competition makes your team better. What hurts Whitley is you canít replace a Wilson at qb, he is good after this season it doesnít matter who you schedule your back to one dimensional with the run. I am sorry, I picked Whitley in this one by two scores but they dropped the ball. They was in drivers seat and went to sleep at the wheel. Best of luck ole buddy but the next few years are going to be rough I was pulling for big D Wilson in this season but itís gone. I donít see them having multiple options like they had this year and that makes it rough. Hats off to the Whitley county players I know,youíll Gave it all, but I think they wasnít prepared to stop north and this may be there season
Why can't they replace Wilson? He is a very good quarterback, but the coaches should have been developing other talented quarterbacks to fill the position over the years. When the program is built that is what the best teams do. They don't just hope to get lucky and find a good player here and there.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:23 AM
MOD

Originally Posted by Sgt Quick Strike View Post
Gut you may be trying to troll with the Perry thing but don't count your chickens before they hatch or you may end up hungry
There are 3 things in life I am now certain of.

Death
Taxes
And a win over Perry Central.

90 percent of teams in this state would be undefeated with that schedule.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:23 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 80 Times in 58 Posts
smoke1015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Surprised about this one, like most. Whitley seems very inconsistent. Don't know how you can play Corbin close and then lose some of these games. Or maybe North just really put it all together for a game. I didn't see it so don't want to belittle them either.
Send a private message to smoke1015 Add smoke1015 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:24 AM
MOD

Curious why Whitley decided to go pass happy early against North. They had all but turned into a running tream the past few weeks.
Keep going with what's working
Old 09-30-2017, 08:24 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Westside View Post
I thought for sure Whitley would one this one. But and Doug ie and brainwashed me with this Whitley County team.
Whitley got outplayed ,but certainly didn't play to their potential. it got boring, and seemed as they weren't even trying to play.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:25 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Van Hagar View Post
nobody expects it, but it certainly possible
Old 09-30-2017, 08:27 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

There are 3 things in life I am now certain of.

Death
Taxes
And a win over Perry Central.

90 percent of teams in this state would be undefeated with that schedule.

Old 09-30-2017, 08:39 AM
Starter
Liked 81 Times in 72 Posts
hoghead is on a distinguished road
You know October 20th could be for the district title. Perry and Harlan!
Send a private message to hoghead Add hoghead to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:43 AM
Water Boy
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
jaguartothebone is on a distinguished road
Congrats to the Jaguars on the win, it was a Nice homecoming Victory for Coach Black!
strongside (09-30-2017)
Send a private message to jaguartothebone Add jaguartothebone to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football