Rate This Thread - North Laurel 29 Whitley County 14.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-01-2017, 01:55 PM
2nd String
Liked 180 Times in 120 Posts
WhyLie is on a distinguished road
You said they were. Now you say football first, which says they have never been consistently very good. Your rational is off. You are relevant now and you question it? You have an Axe to grind or are just a miserable person in general.

We will never be a basketball school.
Send a private message to WhyLie Add WhyLie to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:01 PM
MOD

Liked 7,810 Times in 5,392 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by WhyLie View Post
You said they were. Now you say football first, which says they have never been consistently very good. Your rational is off. You are relevant now and you question it? You have an Axe to grind or are just a miserable person in general.

We will never be a basketball school.
You act as if I care.
That is my opinion. Whitley is a football first school. It means the same thing as football school.
Even Dudley can't work his magic now. He will bail again in the next few years and Bell will be withered away to battling Jackson county for a playoff spot.
Make no mistake, with the current population trends, Bell will never recover and never be the power they once were.
Maybe they'll be a girls basketball school.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:09 PM
2nd String
With what you just said answers your question about other coaches. If Dudley can't then no one can. He is top 5 coaches in state. If he can't fix Bell then he could do no better at Whitley than what you have. Bell is a football school, football first doesn't make you a football school. Tradition does. Try to think it through first.
Send a private message to WhyLie Add WhyLie to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:15 PM
MOD

RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
With what you just said answers your question about other coaches. If Dudley can't then no one can. He is top 5 coaches in state. If he can't fix Bell then he could do no better at Whitley than what you have. Bell is a football school, football first doesn't make you a football school. Tradition does. Try to think it through first.
I'm curious if in 50 years when Bell doesn't even field a football team anymore if you bell fans still believe your past success makes you world beaters

It's funny you said Whitley being a football first school doesn't make them a football school, then what does that make bell? We live in a "what have you done for me lately" society. Bell isn't even looked at as a decent program anymore. The Belfrys and Corbins of the world don't even consider you a threat.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:37 PM
2nd String
What are you talking about? Are their multiple users on this account? Usually the conversation is more intelligent. I am trying to reply to you questions, and I don't understand what you are trying say. Maybe it is just me. With our ,"tradition" we are a football school, period. In 50 years we will have still won several state championships and our tradition hasn't gone anywhere. What the future holds for every school is unknown, but the past doesn't change. Maybe , we make it back, maybe we don't but we have hired Dudley to take us there. As a fan that is all we can ask.

That is what Corbin JV thought last Monday also. We will see. You are a bitter person, why?
Old 10-01-2017, 03:23 PM
Statistician
Liked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Gummie Bear is on a distinguished road
Gut is a keyboard warrior who adds very little to conversations except getting oher teams fans riled up and occasionally acting lien a Whitley fan yet bashes them at first chance.
Says he dont care but appears to be in this website more than anywhere.
Send a private message to Gummie Bear Add Gummie Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:25 PM
Statistician
Liked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Gummie Bear is on a distinguished road

That is what Corbin JV thought last Monday also. We will see. You are a bitter person, why?
Bell will always be football first I agree

What happened to Corbin jv ?
Send a private message to Gummie Bear Add Gummie Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:16 PM
MOD

Originally Posted by Gummie Bear View Post
Gut is a keyboard warrior who adds very little to conversations except getting oher teams fans riled up and occasionally acting lien a Whitley fan yet bashes them at first chance.
You flatter me sir
Old 10-01-2017, 07:19 PM
Admin-a-hater

Liked 2,614 Times in 1,811 Posts
zaga_fan will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
I too believe you need to schedule good teams, but in terms of strategy, this district the last few years has been a 3 team race. If you have a 3 way tiebreaker, it's good to have those wins over a Leslie county per say that will win 7 games. Every point helps in the tiebreaker.

I did some quick math and the tiebreaker looks like this...

As of today...

Harlan County

Ashland - 6
No other non district wins. There only hope to pick up more points is to beat Bell which would probably result in about 5 more points but cancels out since Whitley also beat Bell.

North Laurel

South Laurel - 3 wins. (I only see one more win on their schedule of they can be at Harlan)
Prestonsburg - 3 wins. (I can see maybe 3 to 4 more wins. Good tie breaker game for north.)
East Jessamine - 3 wins. (Maybe one more win but would cancel out with Whitley as a common opponent)
Grant County - 0 wins. Would not count.
That Somerset game would have been a huge pick up for North.

Whitley County

Leslie County- 3 wins (possibly 5 wins)
East Jessamine - 3 wins ( maybe one more but is a common opponent win with North so it wouldn't help)
Bell County - 5 wins (possibly 7 wins. If they beat harlan county that would be huge)
If they beat Hazard that could win district for Whitley. So in other words the last week Whitley could be playing hazard for a district title and hazard may rest up since they'll have there district locked up. That would be about 7 wins.

So this is the likely scenario if Whitley beats Harlan County...

Whitley County - Around 13 points, closer to 16 if they knock off Hazard.

North Laurel - Around 12 points. Only non district game left is Clay and that won't help them replace one of their others

Harlan County - Around 7 points, could be 12 or 13 with a win over Bell.

If Whitley beats Harlan County in a couple of weeks, Whitley will be the one seed.
The two see will depend on whether or not Harlan County beats Bell in the final week of the year.

If Harlan County beats Whitley, they lock up the one seed and it'll be 1. Harlan County, 2. North Laurel, 3. Whitley County
That's a lot of work for it not to matter when you lose to Perry Central next week.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Statistician
Liked 69 Times in 53 Posts
Bossdaddy 4115 is on a distinguished road
What are you talking about? Are their multiple users on this account? Usually the conversation is more intelligent. I am trying to reply to you questions, and I don't understand what you are trying say. Maybe it is just me. With our ,"tradition" we are a football school, period. In 50 years we will have still won several state championships and our tradition hasn't gone anywhere. What the future holds for every school is unknown, but the past doesn't change. Maybe , we make it back, maybe we don't but we have hired Dudley to take us there. As a fan that is all we can ask.

I agree bell is a football first without a doubt, they have not been much in others. I donít care if nick saben was coach it canít be fixed without the kids. Youíll lost most of your population have moved on to loss of coal. And as for Corbin jv most sophomores that dress varsity donít travel jv. They mostly make up our special teams and are subs. And as for your arrogance about Corbin ask us next Friday night. Also To your comment about Dudley and Whitley, Dudley would for sure be 110 times more affective at Whitley because he would have more kids to choose from and they have a lot of untapped potential, honestly they would be friggin crazy with a coach that could tap into young talent they have. They have the possibility of being a serious contender in 5a if they canít find a quarterback in the next season for this sophomore group. I donít see it happening unless they shut down Williamsburg and they can develop one of there young kids to that system. It as for receivers and lineman, running backs they have all that waiting.
Send a private message to Bossdaddy 4115 Add Bossdaddy 4115 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:15 PM
MOD

Originally Posted by zaga_fan View Post
That's a lot of work for it not to matter when you lose to Perry Central next week.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:16 PM
MOD

Originally Posted by Bossdaddy 4115 View Post
I agree bell is a football first without a doubt, they have not been much in others. I donít care if nick saben was coach it canít be fixed without the kids. Youíll lost most of your population have moved on to loss of coal. And as for Corbin jv most sophomores that dress varsity donít travel jv. They mostly make up our special teams and are subs. And as for your arrogance about Corbin ask us next Friday night. Also To your comment about Dudley and Whitley, Dudley would for sure be 110 times more affective at Whitley because he would have more kids to choose from and they have a lot of untapped potential, honestly they would be friggin crazy with a coach that could tap into young talent they have. They have the possibility of being a serious contender in 5a if they canít find a quarterback in the next season for this sophomore group. I donít see it happening unless they shut down Williamsburg and they can develop one of there young kids to that system. It as for receivers and lineman, running backs they have all that waiting.
Bingo
Old 10-02-2017, 12:02 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,631 Times in 2,048 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Sgt Quick Strike View Post
It's top 2 wins vs non-common opponents not 3. Does not matter though, Whitley is taking one to the face this week
What you are taking wont be to the face. Whitley County will take you to the wood shed
Old 10-02-2017, 12:07 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Paparazzi View Post
Where you get Whitley is such a great football school is beyond me. I've never known of them even having a good team until here lately. Your are criticizing a great man. This fellow worked hard ,on his own, to make it through school and become successful. In my opinion they are the best they have ever been. I'm sure next week if my commodores win your excuses will all be because of the coach. Whitley may wear us out but we are getting better each game and I assure you that Whitley has nobody even close to the talent level of Jacob Woolum. See you on Friday good fellow.
Whitley County was pretty good in 2008 when they won the region before losing to Highlands. I don't think they've won region since. I can assure you that they do have somebody close to the talent level. you're delusional and setting yourself up for disappointment .
Old 10-02-2017, 12:09 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
Settle down little Bell fan. You'll be a basketball school before long.
I thought he was at Whitley County
Old 10-02-2017, 12:17 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

You might do better if you spend more time coaching.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:18 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Gummie Bear View Post
I'm the only true Whitley County fan on here.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football