Rate This Thread - 2017 Oct 2 Class 3A Media Poll.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 997 Times in 672 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Default 2017 Oct 2 Class 3A Media Poll
1. Belfry 5-1

2. Corbin 5-1

3. Boyle County. 5-1

4. Central 4-2

5. Elizabethtown 5-1

6. Caldwell County 6-1

7. Casey County 6-0

8. LaRue County 7-0

9. Lexington Catholic 3-3

10. Western Hills 5-1

Others receiving votes: Fleming County 12, Union County 8, Paducah Tilghman 5, Waggener 2, Pike County Central 1, Bell County 1.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-...176609986.html
#55PirateFan (10-02-2017), smoke1015 (10-04-2017)
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Scout Team
Liked 124 Times in 85 Posts
bcpc is on a distinguished road
Bout right......
Send a private message to bcpc Add bcpc to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:17 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,436 Times in 1,729 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Casey will get their chance to show they belong with Corbin coming up
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Statistician
Liked 61 Times in 43 Posts
CoachNM0523 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E's Army View Post
How much higher do you want them?
Send a private message to CoachNM0523 Add CoachNM0523 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:37 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,624 Times in 2,041 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
They don't belong with Corbin.
#55PirateFan (10-02-2017), Wienerschnitzel (10-02-2017)
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:01 AM
Statistician
Liked 44 Times in 32 Posts
HighViz is on a distinguished road
If Casey belongs up there with Corbin, then the Hounds don't have a chance in postseason. I think they have a chance. Taylor isn't on the same level as the Hound dogs. Jmo
Send a private message to HighViz Add HighViz to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:13 AM
Statistician
Liked 69 Times in 53 Posts
Bossdaddy 4115 is on a distinguished road
I think your being sarcastic right
Send a private message to Bossdaddy 4115 Add Bossdaddy 4115 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:37 AM
Water Boy
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Mule kicker is on a distinguished road
Casey co is having a nice season. They will get a opportunity to play one of the best teams in the state in Corbin so we will see if they can hang around. I don't think not beating Corbin will destroy their season because it seems a lot of really good teams have been beat by those guys. It's always good to gauge yourselves against the best and getting beat by them does not make them a bad football team. Anyway, I think the polls are about right.
Bossdaddy 4115 (10-03-2017), HighViz (10-03-2017), smoke1015 (10-03-2017)
Send a private message to Mule kicker Add Mule kicker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:44 AM
Statistician
Liked 44 Times in 32 Posts
HighViz is on a distinguished road
I don't mean anything against Taylor. They have their program headed in the right direction obviously. They were really good last season and are reloading well. Undefeated so far and beat Dudley on Log MTN. It's good for all envolved to have competition like that in the district.
Send a private message to HighViz Add HighViz to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:36 PM
Scout Team
Liked 155 Times in 109 Posts
smoke1015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CoachNM0523 View Post
How much higher do you want them?
I think we are fairly seeded. I feel we can play with ETown and Caldwell. Not sure. Larue we had battles in middle school with those guys, they were really good, their senior class vs our senior class. Our junior class beat there junior class fairly easy. Not sure what they've added, compared to what we've added. That would be a fun game.
Send a private message to smoke1015 Add smoke1015 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by HighViz View Post
If Casey belongs up there with Corbin, then the Hounds don't have a chance in postseason. I think they have a chance. Taylor isn't on the same level as the Hound dogs. Jmo
Coach, although I might agree Casey isn't there yet. I'm not ready to roll over and show you our bellies. If we roll in undefeated, there's your guy's motivation. If we drop a game to McCreary C...well I think the Hounds won't be too worried, or motivated.
Send a private message to smoke1015 Add smoke1015 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by Mule kicker View Post
Casey co is having a nice season. They will get a opportunity to play one of the best teams in the state in Corbin so we will see if they can hang around. I don't think not beating Corbin will destroy their season because it seems a lot of really good teams have been beat by those guys. It's always good to gauge yourselves against the best and getting beat by them does not make them a bad football team. Anyway, I think the polls are about right.
Corbin is great, 100%. Maybe the best secondary we ever played last year. I'm about to be offended if they keep calling us Taylor. Lol. Taylor has a good middle school team coming up though...Casey has a pretty good class moving up, but not enough hold backs. Our 8th grade running back just turned 13! GRRRR! Been telling parents for years, hard to get those boys onto varsity like that, untl their junior and senior year.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by HighViz View Post
I don't mean anything against Taylor. They have their program headed in the right direction obviously. They were really good last season and are reloading well. Undefeated so far and beat Dudley on Log MTN. It's good for all envolved to have competition like that in the district.
Casey will do their best against Whitley, in a couple of weeks. I know the Redhounds are one of the top 3 teams in 3A, but we'll give Whitley our best shot.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:26 PM
Statistician
CoachNM0523 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smoke1015 View Post
I think we are fairly seeded. I feel we can play with ETown and Caldwell. Not sure. Larue we had battles in middle school with those guys, they were really good, their senior class vs our senior class. Our junior class beat there junior class fairly easy. Not sure what they've added, compared to what we've added. That would be a fun game.

I agree completely. I think Casey is about right.
Send a private message to CoachNM0523 Add CoachNM0523 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:16 AM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by CoachNM0523 View Post
I agree completely. I think Casey is about right.
Anyone seen Caldwell? Wondering how good they are. ETOWN? I would like to have been able to play Larue. I have no idea who is better between us. If the kept the same kids they had when they were in 8th, they had a really talented group. The 7th grade class had 2 huge backs (when they were in middle) that I figure ended up as linebackers or D ends in high-school due to lack of speed. They had a receiver that was an absolute stud on their 8th grade squad who should be a senior right now. He was legit, if they still have him.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:13 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,624 Times in 2,041 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Corbin is great, 100%. Maybe the best secondary we ever played last year. I'm about to be offended if they keep calling us Taylor. Lol. Taylor has a good middle school team coming up though...Casey has a pretty good class moving up, but not enough hold backs. Our 8th grade running back just turned 13! GRRRR! Been telling parents for years, hard to get those boys onto varsity like that, untl their junior and senior year.
You mean your school ain't in Campbellsville ?
Old 10-04-2017, 08:13 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 3,663 Times in 2,037 Posts
EKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really nice
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Don't confuse everyone...people will start calling them Campbell County if they think that. LOL
Send a private message to EKUAlum05 Add EKUAlum05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:28 AM
Statistician
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
3sporteagle is on a distinguished road
I just don't see Casey being able to beat any of the top 5 teams listed here. It is football though so that's why they play the game. I may be dead wrong.
Send a private message to 3sporteagle Add 3sporteagle to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:53 AM
Head Coach
Liked 213 Times in 161 Posts
Tica will become famous soon enoughTica will become famous soon enough
Anyone seen Caldwell? Wondering how good they are. ETOWN? I would like to have been able to play Larue. I have no idea who is better between us. If the kept the same kids they had when they were in 8th, they had a really talented group. The 7th grade class had 2 huge backs (when they were in middle) that I figure ended up as linebackers or D ends in high-school due to lack of speed. They had a receiver that was an absolute stud on their 8th grade squad who should be a senior right now. He was legit, if they still have him.

Caldwell struggled mightily at home to defeat Paducah Tilghman (2-5) with a last second score. Tilghman had 346 yards rushing and six yards passing. Now the typical answer from teams that win those sorts of games is "well.... we had this guy out hurt and we held these two out and our JV played most of the second half ....and so on...." so I would expect to hear something of that nature from Caldwell to explain the margin. Based on what I have seen and read, I would not expect Caldwell to defeat Etown.
Send a private message to Tica Add Tica to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:59 AM
Starter
Liked 419 Times in 302 Posts
Fly Like a Duck is on a distinguished road
Caldwell
Talented as always. Upfront on the OL is probabably their biggest “weakness”. QB Joby Jaggers has stepped in and done a very good job. Caldwell is mostly juniors also; they’ll return almost everybody next year. If you can line up and run the ball at them like Tilghman; then you might have a chance (but, you also have to be able to stop them)

E-town
Loaded. They literally returned almost everybody from last years state semifinal team; 19 of 22 starters. Athletically they are scary. Jay Becherer (#14/RB) might be the most electrifying players in all of 3A, and they have more to go around. Everybody that touches the ball for them can score anytime they touch it.

LaRue
All of those kids are still there. The two big kids you referred to; one is their 2nd leading rusher (also plays some at DE) and the other starts at a DE spots; while being their best D lineman. He’s a mismatch for a lot of kids. Kid has a special talent (6’4-maybe more-210 and I don’t know if he’s even began to grow yet- name is Dailliss Cox- pronounced like Day-Less)

Personally, I think 3A comes down to Belfry, Corbin, Central, Boyle and Elizabethtown.

Teams 6-15 I’m not sure how much difference there is to be honest; all about match-ups. You’re state champ is going to come from one of those 5.
Send a private message to Fly Like a Duck Add Fly Like a Duck to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:25 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
missthefield is on a distinguished road
Tica, Caldwell won the game without their leading tackler and leader of the defense and another starter on the defensive line, they don't have much depth and to beat Tilghman with those two not playing was quite an accomplishment. So yes they beat Tilghman shorthanded, a win is a win, one or twenty points I'll take it. Etown has to come to Princeton, so Caldwell has a chance, I guess that means you are saying Tilghman has no chance to beat Etown?
Send a private message to missthefield Add missthefield to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Head Coach
Liked 213 Times in 161 Posts
Tica will become famous soon enoughTica will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by missthefield View Post
Tica, Caldwell won the game without their leading tackler and leader of the defense and another starter on the defensive line, they don't have much depth and to beat Tilghman with those two not playing was quite an accomplishment. So yes they beat Tilghman shorthanded, a win is a win, one or twenty points I'll take it. Etown has to come to Princeton, so Caldwell has a chance, I guess that means you are saying Tilghman has no chance to beat Etown?
Well there you go. Caldwell had not one, but two defensive leaders out. Glad that was cleared up in a hurry. I'm not saying Tilghman could beat anybody because of its one-dimensional attack. Most teams run because they can, not because they have to. But, as the season winds down , my hunch is this imperfect 2-5 team that also sits atop some 3A defensive stats, will cause a night of unexpected sadness for someone, somewhere.
Send a private message to Tica Add Tica to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:57 AM
Statistician
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Glory_Days is on a distinguished road
I agree with the Duck. His assessment of those teams seems spot on. I think Etown is flying a bit under the radar for 3A title consideration.
Send a private message to Glory_Days Add Glory_Days to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:04 AM
Head Coach
Liked 468 Times in 329 Posts
killbilly usmc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by missthefield View Post
Neither Caldwell or Tilghman will beat etown IMO. Not a knock on either Etown is just that good. I think they are the best team thats in a region 1 in all classes except for Bowling Green.
Send a private message to killbilly usmc Add killbilly usmc to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Statistician
Ghostofjoey is on a distinguished road
That's saying a lot from a Mayfield fan!
Send a private message to Ghostofjoey Add Ghostofjoey to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:05 PM
Starter
Liked 419 Times in 302 Posts
Fly Like a Duck is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by killbilly usmc View Post
Neither Caldwell or Tilghman will beat etown IMO. Not a knock on either Etown is just that good. I think they are the best team thats in a region 1 in all classes except for Bowling Green.
That last statement is a great point. Never thought about that, but that’s exactly how good E-town is.
Send a private message to Fly Like a Duck Add Fly Like a Duck to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:23 PM
Head Coach
Liked 468 Times in 329 Posts
killbilly usmc is on a distinguished road
I think next year will be Caldwells year if they can get good linebacker play. That's all they really lose of this years team, but They will will be tough to replace, but if They get some to step up at that spot look out, They will be loaded. Hope Caldwell proves me wrong this year, but I think etown is scary good. If Caldwell beats Mayfield by a few scores in a few weeks i may change my mind.
Send a private message to killbilly usmc Add killbilly usmc to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Lol, nope. The players Campbellsville lost to Taylor, I'd gladly take the rest of them that are still there.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by Fly Like a Duck View Post
Caldwell
Talented as always. Upfront on the OL is probabably their biggest “weakness”. QB Joby Jaggers has stepped in and done a very good job. Caldwell is mostly juniors also; they’ll return almost everybody next year. If you can line up and run the ball at them like Tilghman; then you might have a chance (but, you also have to be able to stop them)

E-town
Loaded. They literally returned almost everybody from last years state semifinal team; 19 of 22 starters. Athletically they are scary. Jay Becherer (#14/RB) might be the most electrifying players in all of 3A, and they have more to go around. Everybody that touches the ball for them can score anytime they touch it.

LaRue
All of those kids are still there. The two big kids you referred to; one is their 2nd leading rusher (also plays some at DE) and the other starts at a DE spots; while being their best D lineman. He’s a mismatch for a lot of kids. Kid has a special talent (6’4-maybe more-210 and I don’t know if he’s even began to grow yet- name is Dailliss Cox- pronounced like Day-Less)

Personally, I think 3A comes down to Belfry, Corbin, Central, Boyle and Elizabethtown.

Teams 6-15 I’m not sure how much difference there is to be honest; all about match-ups. You’re state champ is going to come from one of those 5.
I agree with you. I didn't get to see much of Etown last year but they were a scary team to me. I knew Larue was about to be back on the rise. We lost to them badly one year, then the next year (excuse about to come), our best all around kid was out and we lost in pretty much a dogfight. Our MLB, AJ Glenn probably had 30 tackles in that game. He was everywhere, and had to be. Their guards were able to get out on our linebackers really well, and AJ was the only kid we had that could fight through a block and make a tackle on those big backs. But I knew if they could keep those kids they'd be a good team. They were really respectful and good sports there too as I recall.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football