Rate This Thread - Playoff Alignment.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:00 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 86 Times in 57 Posts
Ike Cooter is on a distinguished road
Default Playoff Alignment
Anyone have a link or know the playoff bracketing in each class. I've heard the KHSAA re-aligned this year. Example District 1 plays District 3 rather than District 2 as previous years.
Send a private message to Ike Cooter Add Ike Cooter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:08 AM
MOD

Liked 7,669 Times in 5,305 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Nothing has really realigned, the khsaa is just going to a cross bracketing thing this year. I expect it won't stick around forever.
I think what started this was the powers to be in lville whining about playing each other early in the playoffs. For example, st. X and trinity meeting in a region finals or semi state instead of the actual title game.
Then the dominoes fell and now just about all classes are. If you search on khsaa.org, you'll find the chart that list the play off settings this year and next.
I'll try to post it when I get home this afternoon.

I do know in 5A, districts 4 and 5 swapped.
Cov cath would.meet bowling green in the semi state instead of championship game so it has backfired in 5A this year as a team from the east in 5A will be in Lexington that has no business being there.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:43 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 414 Times in 257 Posts
BelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to BelfryPride
They're making sure there's no "Belfry vs. Central" in the title game lol
CLASS AA - 2003, 2004
CLASS AAA - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
RunItUpTheGut (10-03-2017)
Send a private message to BelfryPride Add BelfryPride to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:55 PM
MOD

RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BelfryPride View Post
More or less.
But if they're worried about the same teams making it to the title game over and over they need to scrap 6 classes and go to 5 and make the big boy privates play by themselves.
Glory_Days (10-04-2017), Slic Ric (10-07-2017)
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:07 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 87 Times in 65 Posts
smoke1015 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the Belfry Central title game is almost a tradition now. Although I'd love to magic my way into the title game between either 2 teams. It does, at this point, feel like if you don't have a Belfry vs Central matchup (class of culture is always awesome), we've missed something. But Lord with the Boyle counties, Corbin showing strong, nothing is written in stone the next 2 years. If Boyle's super sophomore class matures accordingly...plus they have a crazy good incoming freshman team next year.
Send a private message to smoke1015 Add smoke1015 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:53 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Q's Your Daddy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by runitupthegut View Post
more or less.
But if they're worried about the same teams making it to the title game over and over they need to scrap 6 classes and go to 5 and make the big boy privates play by themselves.

amen
Send a private message to Q's Your Daddy Add Q's Your Daddy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:56 AM
Suspended
Liked 43 Times in 41 Posts
Fly By Night is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ike Cooter View Post
Anyone have a link or know the playoff bracketing in each class. I've heard the KHSAA re-aligned this year. Example District 1 plays District 3 rather than District 2 as previous years.

https://khsaa.org/adjusted-football-...-2018-seasons/

https://khsaa.org/regional-football-cross-bracketing/
Send a private message to Fly By Night Add Fly By Night to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:52 PM
Statistician
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Jackson Purchase is on a distinguished road
Breakout privates in every class. I'm tired of everyone pretending this system isn't broke.
Send a private message to Jackson Purchase Add Jackson Purchase to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:54 PM
Head Coach

Liked 624 Times in 433 Posts
ROCKSOLID69 is on a distinguished road
This format is the most messed up thing the KHSAA has ever came up with. Why is every class different.
1A- has the same districts playing each other so no change there.

2A, 3A and 4A D1 VS D2, and D7 VS D8 just like any other year but Districts 3,4,5,6 are different with D4 VS D5, and D3 VS D6. also with this fromat D4 can not host a semi final game the first two seasons, but D3 can host it back to back if they make it that far.

5A- D1 VS D2, and D7 VS D8 just like any other year but Districts 3,4,5,6 are different with D3 VS D5, and D4 VS D6. District 5 can not host a semi final game the first two seasons, but D4 can host it back to back if they make it that far.

6A- D1 VS D2, and D7 VS D8 just like any other year but Districts 3,4,5,6 are different with D4 VS D6, and D3 VS D5. District 4 and 8 can not host a semi final game the first two seasons, but District 3 and 2 can host it back to back if they make it that far.

From what I have read this is only a 2 year thing. but what are the benefits from this train wreck. seems like some districts are getting the shaft.
RunItUpTheGut (10-07-2017)
Send a private message to ROCKSOLID69 Add ROCKSOLID69 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:15 PM
MOD

Originally Posted by ROCKSOLID69 View Post
This format is the most messed up thing the KHSAA has ever came up with. Why is every class different.

2A, 3A and 4A D1 VS D2, and D7 VS D8 just like any other year but Districts 3,4,5,6 are different with D4 VS D5, and D3 VS D6. also with this fromat D4 can not host a semi final game the first two seasons, but D3 can host it back to back if they make it that far.

5A- D1 VS D2, and D7 VS D8 just like any other year but Districts 3,4,5,6 are different with D3 VS D5, and D4 VS D6. District 5 can not host a semi final game the first two seasons, but D4 can host it back to back if they make it that far.

6A- D1 VS D2, and D7 VS D8 just like any other year but Districts 3,4,5,6 are different with D4 VS D6, and D3 VS D5. District 4 and 8 can not host a semi final game the first two seasons, but District 3 and 2 can host it back to back if they make it that far.

From what I have read this is only a 2 year thing. but what are the benefits from this train wreck. seems like some districts are getting the shaft.
It's different because of the whiners.
Sad part is, the whiners are the teams who are usually winning it.
Cardfan1 (10-07-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 07:21 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 21 Times in 18 Posts
Patriot1 is on a distinguished road
It don't brother me about the new alignment for the better football teams it just brothers me that some of the schools are going to drive 4 or 5 hours to have a running clock put on them
Send a private message to Patriot1 Add Patriot1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:58 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,460 Times in 1,913 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BelfryPride View Post
Belfry and Central will make sure of that .
Old 10-04-2017, 08:12 PM
Scout Team
Liked 104 Times in 61 Posts
Rebel55 is on a distinguished road
I believe I seen that next year (2018) Boyle and Belfry will be in the same region.
Send a private message to Rebel55 Add Rebel55 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:01 PM
2nd String
Liked 148 Times in 121 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ROCKSOLID69 View Post

The KHSAA did this several years back and then went back to the old way. It's a bad idea to have teams shifting regions every year. It makes it hard to promote your sport when there is no consistency and you could be the champion of Region 2 one year and Region 3 the next.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:35 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
CarzyRock is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jackson Purchase View Post
Breakout privates in every class. I'm tired of everyone pretending this system isn't broke.
Who are the 'breakout privates' in class 1A and 4A?

Also I think it is a bit of a stretch to call Lex Cath a breakout.
Send a private message to CarzyRock Add CarzyRock to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football