Rate This Thread - New tentative high school football classifications revealed.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 01-13-2018, 12:43 AM
Scout Team
Liked 38 Times in 31 Posts
thecoacher is on a distinguished road
Are these the new districts? Lots of travel for some if this how it plays out.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...C-85.76905&z=6
Send a private message to thecoacher Add thecoacher to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 01-13-2018, 02:10 AM
Starter
Liked 432 Times in 314 Posts
Fly Like a Duck is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thecoacher View Post

I wouldn't think so.

Too much stuff to along and to the east/west of that I-65 corridor that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Send a private message to Fly Like a Duck Add Fly Like a Duck to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:01 AM
2nd String
Liked 138 Times in 105 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
I think this is the outline. I see a few swaps but I would say this is 80% correct.
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:39 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 470 Times in 294 Posts
BelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to BelfryPride
Originally Posted by 99PIRATEFAN View Post
No if there not in the same class they can get a regular season now
True...but no Belfry v. Corbin playoff games...
Old 01-13-2018, 09:54 AM
Statistician
Liked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Explorer is on a distinguished road

Thatís cool way to view it. Johnson Central is on an island for 5a
Send a private message to Explorer Add Explorer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:57 AM
Statistician
Liked 75 Times in 50 Posts
oldschool77 is on a distinguished road

These are new classes but based on what district they were in in previous class, it appears. May have some similarities based on geography, only.
Send a private message to oldschool77 Add oldschool77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:02 PM
Statistician
Liked 75 Times in 50 Posts
oldschool77 is on a distinguished road
So is Harlan Co. staying 5 A?
Send a private message to oldschool77 Add oldschool77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:52 PM
Suspended
Liked 61 Times in 50 Posts
diceman is on a distinguished road
After reading a lot of these
Could this happen

Harlan co drop to 4a and make a district with Corbin, Knox, Harlan co, clay, rockcastle
Send a private message to diceman Add diceman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:21 PM
Starter
Liked 174 Times in 144 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by diceman View Post
Could this happen

Harlan co drop to 4a and make a district with Corbin, Knox, Harlan co, clay, rockcastle
Could be, or Harlan County could be in a district with Letcher, Perry and Clay.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:42 PM
Starter
Liked 174 Times in 144 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by diceman View Post
Could this happen

Originally Posted by Strikeout King View Post
Potentially moving up
Schools listed by tentative new class effective 2019

6A: Apollo, Bullitt East, Dixie Heights, Fern Creek, Marshall County, Oldham County, Southern

5A: Collins, Hopkinsville, Johnson Central, Logan County, West Jessamine

4A: Corbin, Lexington Catholic, Waggener

3A: Christian Academy of Louisville, DeSales, Glasgow, Webster County

2A: Beechwood, Bracken County, Fort Knox

Potentially moving down
Schools listed by tentative new class effective 2019

5A: Boone County, Conner, Cooper, Great Crossing (opening 2019), Jeffersontown, Ohio County, Scott County, Seneca

4A: East Jessamine, Frederick Douglass, Letcher County Central, Perry County Central, Scott

3A: East Carter, Mason County, Mercer County, Nelson County, Taylor County, Wayne County

2A: Bath County, Breathitt County, Caldwell County, Edmonson County, Fort Campbell, Knott County Central, Sheldon Clark, West Carter

1A: Newport, Newport Central Catholic, Trimble County

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-...194151224.html

Looks like it was just a mistake or two in the story.
East Jessamine is already in 4A, so they can't move down to 4A.
It looks like Harlan County was just missed.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:05 PM
Statistician
Liked 29 Times in 20 Posts
Don Draper is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fly Like a Duck View Post
I wouldn't think so.

Too much stuff to along and to the east/west of that I-65 corridor that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Need to swap West Jessamine and Boone Co.

Actually, I think this is not even close to what it will be like.
Fly Like a Duck (01-13-2018)
Send a private message to Don Draper Add Don Draper to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:19 PM
MOD

Liked 7,838 Times in 5,414 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
And so the fun begins.

I've read all the post and some of the predictions are pretty close.

As always, I'm an ardent supporter of play where you fall. If that put you in 3 hour bus trips for a district game, oh well. Don't care.

Letcher Perry and Harlan County should all drop to 4A. That only leaves Whitley and north in district 8. I think geauxtigers75 pretty much nailed it. I could see Whitley back in a district with North, South, and one other. Maybe Lincoln or southwestern?
Definitely going to be interesting to see. North is only a school or two away from being 6A. That'll be a fun day when they get stuck in a Lexington district.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:12 PM
Head Coach
Liked 694 Times in 490 Posts
geauxtigers75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
And so the fun begins.

I've read all the post and some of the predictions are pretty close.

As always, I'm an ardent supporter of play where you fall. If that put you in 3 hour bus trips for a district game, oh well. Don't care.

Letcher Perry and Harlan County should all drop to 4A. That only leaves Whitley and north in district 8. I think geauxtigers75 pretty much nailed it. I could see Whitley back in a district with North, South, and one other. Maybe Lincoln or southwestern?
Definitely going to be interesting to see. North is only a school or two away from being 6A. That'll be a fun day when they get stuck in a Lexington district.
It'll be like the old 4A districts of the 1990s again, those things were a mess.
RunItUpTheGut (01-18-2018)
Send a private message to geauxtigers75 Add geauxtigers75 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:55 PM
Statistician
Liked 21 Times in 19 Posts
thsrocks is on a distinguished road
I would welcome Jeffersontown and Seneca moving down. Oldham County would not be happy to be placed in Trinity district. This will be interesting to watch over the next several months.
Send a private message to thsrocks Add thsrocks to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:00 PM
Head Coach
Liked 694 Times in 490 Posts
geauxtigers75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by thsrocks View Post
I would welcome Jeffersontown and Seneca moving down. Oldham County would not be happy to be placed in Trinity district. This will be interesting to watch over the next several months.
Buddy, with all due respect, there's no team in the state that would be happy being placed in Trinity's district. It's like a 12 foot tall speed bump when you drive an El Camino.
Send a private message to geauxtigers75 Add geauxtigers75 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:08 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 54 Times in 41 Posts
AnswertheBell is on a distinguished road
I believe that there will be as few changes as possible by KHSAA. I think they try to plug teams in with very few changes. With that said most districts were a mess to begin with. What will be interesting is who elects to play up and who moves down with that movement. As everyone knows this is far from over but I donít look for a complete overhaul of the districts.
Send a private message to AnswertheBell Add AnswertheBell to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:52 PM
Statistician
Liked 21 Times in 19 Posts
thsrocks is on a distinguished road
I am thrilled football followers have so much to discuss! Possible new districts with teams moving up or down depending on what others choose to do.
WILDCAT NATION (01-18-2018)
Send a private message to thsrocks Add thsrocks to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:36 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
LivingTheDream is on a distinguished road
Any rumors on schools who have applied to move up?
Send a private message to LivingTheDream Add LivingTheDream to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:20 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 90 Times in 73 Posts
FoSho is on a distinguished road
http://khsaa.org/football/realignmen...gal%20size.pdf

I could see a 4A District of Boyle, Anderson, East Jessamine, LexCath and Lincoln.
Send a private message to FoSho Add FoSho to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:33 PM
2nd String
If I am Greenup Co and Russell in NEKY I am applying to play up in 4A district with Ashland, Boyd, and Rowan Coís. Both would compete for district title yearly and play opposite Bourbon/Harrison/Holmes district in playoffs. Could see either one coming out of that region regularly to semifinals.
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:38 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
KYHSFB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by WILDCAT NATION View Post
If I am Greenup Co and Russell in NEKY I am applying to play up in 4A district with Ashland, Boyd, and Rowan Coís. Both would compete for district title yearly and play opposite Bourbon/Harrison/Holmes district in playoffs. Could see either one coming out of that region regularly to semifinals.
Probably smart- especially when thereís a tiny chance of them getting in a district with Belfry because of the 23 connection depending on what happens with Bath/West in 2A. If Bath and West play up in 3A I could see Greenup and Russell in a 23 district with Belfry.
Send a private message to KYHSFB Add KYHSFB to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:38 PM
2nd String
Originally Posted by KYHSFB View Post
Probably smart- especially when thereís a tiny chance of them getting in a district with Belfry because of the 23 connection depending on what happens with Bath/West in 2A. If Bath and West play up in 3A I could see Greenup and Russell in a 23 district with Belfry.
Here one thing that could EASILY happen. Bath and West both play up for geography like before. Morgan drops to 2A as last one in. Solid rumors have Boyle moving to 4A. Rockcastle and Ashland PB are 2 lowest in 4A. I donít see Rock moving but I think Ashland would. If Rock nor Ashland then Bourbon is next and would jump at it. New 3A region is born with 2 districts with Bath, West, Pendleton, Fleming, Mason, Lewis, East, Russell, Greenup and Ashland or Bourbon. A true NEKY region. Belfry district is now D7 with Magoffin, Lawrence, Floyd Central, And Pike Central. Estill and Powell join Jackson, Bell, and McCreary in D8. That covers 3A east and is solid. 4-5 team districts geographically balanced and competitive. Other than Belfryís recent history no clear cut dominate team. Would be good football every Friday night in EKY! Mr. Tackett make NEKY great again!
Old 02-09-2018, 05:20 PM
2nd String
Today is the last day to petition the KHSAA. Did anyone petition to play in another class?
Old 02-09-2018, 05:46 PM
Cheerleader
Boyle County is 50/50.

I guess we'll know soon enough.
Send a private message to FoSho Add FoSho to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:11 PM
Statistician
Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts
blue55 is on a distinguished road
Does everybody realize what this thread is about? It's not school consolidation. It's about a Superintendent overseeing working for more than one school district. This could certainly cause some schools in the super district losing their identity.
Send a private message to blue55 Add blue55 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:22 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by blue55 View Post
Does everybody realize what this thread is about? It's not school consolidation. It's about a Superintendent overseeing working for more than one school district. This could certainly cause some schools in the super district losing their identity.
This thread is about football classification realignment?
Old 02-09-2018, 06:50 PM
Cheerleader
When will we hear something?
Old 02-11-2018, 03:03 PM
Cheerleader
Rumors flying that Boyle stayed in 3A.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 411 Times in 261 Posts
Jack Lambert is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FoSho View Post
Rumors flying that Boyle stayed in 3A.
Thatís what Iíve Heard the whole time that Boyle would stay in 3A guess we will find out for sure in the next few days.
FoSho (02-11-2018)
Send a private message to Jack Lambert Add Jack Lambert to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:12 PM
2nd String
Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
Thatís what Iíve Heard the whole time that Boyle would stay in 3A guess we will find out for sure in the next few days.
There were serious discussions back and forth. If they decided to stay in 3A they will be the team to beat while Coach Smith is there. It will be Boyle Co vs Belfry every year unless cross barcketing puts them on the same side. I don't see any team challenging Belfry in the new eastern alignment unless something changes on their side.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football