Rate This Thread - Bell County 2018.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:38 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,419 Times in 2,690 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bcpc View Post
Since ol dud is scared to play, I predict that Haddix will be the only coach in history to win Every single game against him. Put that on your fingers and strut around awhile... .000
You didn't have that cocky attitude the last time Corbin played a game

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:41 PM
2nd String
Liked 168 Times in 113 Posts
bcpc is on a distinguished road
Where were the colonels the last time we played a game? Oh. They had been on the couch for 3-4 weeks... this is just facts dougie.... Corbin has owned bell county... And the spoiled rotten brat has owned the old man. He was so tore up after the last beating he took that he got in Corbinís huddle after the game!! LOL. Bell wouldnít reschedule after several attempts.... Then, all of a sudden they have a cupcake schedule and they claim to be on top... Tellin people to watch out! Really!! We ran the clock on them last year and I foresee the hounds being even better than they were last year by the end of the season. I also gotta say, if the hounds can run the clock twice this year Haddix will do it again.. Lost 5 starters! Iím not saying we are state champs... But that is a possibility, if we are playing in week 15. There are 2 teams that wonít be there tho. Whitley and Bell! You will get your medicine in week 0.
Send a private message to bcpc Add bcpc to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:25 PM
2nd String
Liked 305 Times in 219 Posts
smoke1015 is an unknown quantity at this point
From what I've saw, and heard of Bell in the off season, they scare me. I'm not afraid to tell the truth. We lost a ton of seniors and some of the best leaders by example we've ever had. We lost 2 big offensive lineman who had 4.0 GPA's all through school. Losing beef like that, who can catch on so quick, with all that experience is tough. Luckily we get Bell at home and I'm hoping that can somewhat give us some advantage, but I am definitely worried. I can't even think about Corbin right now. Our last year to play the Redhounds, for awhile anyways, and I'm not so sad about that. :-D Bell, IMO is in good hands and definitely has the "in the know fans" attention.
Send a private message to smoke1015 Add smoke1015 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:31 PM
Starter
Liked 563 Times in 380 Posts
Patriot1 is on a distinguished road
I am with PJDoug because I know what he says is the gospel
Send a private message to Patriot1 Add Patriot1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:53 PM
2nd String
Originally Posted by Hound05 View Post
I'm not so sure that they actually got 8 points better as much as weather and maybe a "focus" matter came into play. But either way, you're right corbin does have some great assistants on staff. But 8 points is a long way from 40 points. It's also crazy to think that just bell will get better while Corbin doesn't. Nothing against bell co, but the regular season game in corbin will be another running clock or close to it. No disrespect, just saying. I wish bell all the luck in the world unless they're playing us. But there will be no disappointment on the home side of the stands this year
IMO, Corbin has 3 or 4 assistants that could head coach almost any other team. That's pretty huge, on top of good numbers of kids with talent. That's what programs work for. We have just started getting that, former alum really dying to come out and help coach. Still don't have the tradition, yet, to have them older former alum who now have 10, 15 years experience. Our young guys mostly have 2 or 3 years of experience, position coaching. We've got a **** of a defensive coordinator with probably as much, or more experience than most programs in the state. Our line coach has a lot of experience as well so we're at least there. Still don't have the player numbers to fully match the coaching, IMO. What we have should be able to compete with a lot of solid to good teams until fatigue sets in. But in reality, even Bell and Corbin in their toughest games have to play a few both ways. None of us are college teams. I'm not as familiar with Whitley but I know they have been darn good the past little bit and with what I hear is smaller numbers. Elizabethtown lost a huge senior class, right? Those guys were obviously underrated by a lot on here all year. I swear it's a good thing most of us avoided them and they had to go through Boyle. Boyle fans told me that game was the toughest they'd saw in years other than their battles with Danville. I can't hide I was rooting for Etown to beat Boyle and then was hoping Corbin would beat Etown. IMO Louisville Central is a good head coach away from being great, or maybe their new head just needs time for those crucial tight games. That's where you need a Belfry coach, or Boyle, Corbin, or Casey. I think against the Corbin team if you put Corbin's head coach, Bell, Boyle, Casey, or the Etown coach, or even Whitely, Louisville Central could have ran 3 more plays than they were able to run before time is out. Whether they win or not is a different story. Corbin maybe played a little too safe in the 2nd half of that game, but still got the win. The out coached Central at crunch time.
Send a private message to smoke1015 Add smoke1015 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:23 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Where were the colonels the last time we played a game? Oh. They had been on the couch for 3-4 weeks... this is just facts dougie.... Corbin has owned bell county... And the spoiled rotten brat has owned the old man. He was so tore up after the last beating he took that he got in Corbinís huddle after the game!! LOL. Bell wouldnít reschedule after several attempts.... Then, all of a sudden they have a cupcake schedule and they claim to be on top... Tellin people to watch out! Really!! We ran the clock on them last year and I foresee the hounds being even better than they were last year by the end of the season. I also gotta say, if the hounds can run the clock twice this year Haddix will do it again.. Lost 5 starters! Iím not saying we are state champs... But that is a possibility, if we are playing in week 15. There are 2 teams that wonít be there tho. Whitley and Bell! You will get your medicine in week 0.
They were playing on Corbin's team. duh. if Corbin wants to be State Champs they better get rid of you and hire a good defensive coach, otherwise the spoiled brat will get schooled again, and you'll be crying in your beer . A person from Breathitt County recruiting players from several counties to play at Corbin doesn't have much to brag about. Smith will give you your medicine again this year if you can make it that far.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:30 PM
2nd String
Liked 168 Times in 113 Posts
bcpc is on a distinguished road
😬 get out of your mom and dads kitchen dougie.... you canít take the heat!!! Hahhaha.
Send a private message to bcpc Add bcpc to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:48 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 115 Times in 77 Posts
DarthVader is on a distinguished road
The old man built Bell county, The spoiled brat inherited Corbin.

There's a difference lol all in good fun but man it's almost football time!!
Send a private message to DarthVader Add DarthVader to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:51 PM
Statistician
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
jchs football parent is on a distinguished road
bell needs to Watch out for Jackson co. we are Loaded with Returners .We have a chance to Push bell and Casey this yr.
Send a private message to jchs football parent Add jchs football parent to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:00 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Patriot1 View Post
I am with PJDoug because I know what he says is the gospel

Old 07-18-2018, 04:02 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

😬 get out of your mom and dads kitchen dougie.... you canít take the heat!!! Hahhaha.
How long did it take for you to make that original material up? Heat?
Old 07-18-2018, 04:03 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by jchs football parent View Post
bell needs to Watch out for Jackson co. we are Loaded with Returners .We have a chance to Push bell and Casey this yr.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:04 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by DarthVader View Post
The old man built Bell county, The spoiled brat inherited Corbin.

There's a difference lol all in good fun but man it's almost football time!!
Go Bobcats!
Old 07-18-2018, 04:09 PM
2nd String
Personally I hope you do or can make a game of it when we play you. Although I hope it's an indication of how you guys have improved instead of us falling off. I guess we'll find out. I'm expecting another solid season from our squad but we lost a lot.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:27 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 746 Times in 540 Posts
Hound05 is on a distinguished road
I hate Bell co. And wish Jackson would smoke them. But itís not gonna happen. I honestly think JC could have a better player at every spot and still lose. It just seems like thereís a lack of focus and discipline on the field. Thatís not a knock. Just a general observation. Heck, didnít they have one of the leading rushers in the state not too long ago? It could be other things/issues Iím ofcourse just stating my opinion
chs crazy (07-19-2018)
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:54 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 123 Times in 94 Posts
chs crazy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Go Bobcats!

Send a private message to chs crazy Add chs crazy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:55 PM
Cheerleader

Send a private message to chs crazy Add chs crazy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:33 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Hound05 View Post
I hate Bell co. And wish Jackson would smoke them. But itís not gonna happen. I honestly think JC could have a better player at every spot and still lose. It just seems like thereís a lack of focus and discipline on the field. Thatís not a knock. Just a general observation. Heck, didnít they have one of the leading rushers in the state not too long ago? It could be other things/issues Iím ofcourse just stating my opinion
I hope Bell smokes Corbin so I can laugh and laugh and laugh some more
Old 07-19-2018, 10:35 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by chs crazy View Post
The Bobcats will clean ye out
Old 07-19-2018, 11:02 PM
Cheerleader
The Bobcats will clean ye out
your silly as ****. Sorry to break the news to you but your not gonna get a laugh about that for a long while
Old 07-20-2018, 12:36 AM
Asst. Coach
I hope Bell smokes Corbin so I can laugh and laugh and laugh some more
As much as I wanna see you happy Doug that frown will NOT be turned upside down. 👎🏻
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:35 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
STIFFY is on a distinguished road
I’ll be the first to say I believe Bell will beat Corbin once this year. May be regular season may be post season but it will happen
Send a private message to STIFFY Add STIFFY to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:37 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
They have the coaching discipline speed and most important the strength to play with anybody this year!
Send a private message to STIFFY Add STIFFY to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Asst. Coach
Originally Posted by STIFFY View Post
They have the coaching discipline speed and most important the strength to play with anybody this year!
Not being sarcastic at all, but where was it last year? I know the freshman class coming in isnít going to give them that ďtypeĒ of advantage. Corbin also returns over 20 seniors, they arenít getting slower and weaker. JS.
Hatz (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 01:10 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Missed basically 2 off-seasons of weight lifting prior to last year were strong enough to win now
Old 07-20-2018, 01:28 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by STIFFY View Post
Iíll be the first to say I believe Bell will beat Corbin once this year. May be regular season may be post season but it will happen
That's an awful stiff prediction!

In an equal world the old man would be right in the ball game but the talent discrepancy still may be too severe for coaching to be a factor at this point, and I love ripping on the hounds as much as anybody!
Send a private message to DarthVader Add DarthVader to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 01:44 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,989 Times in 3,799 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Well I don't like either one of you guys!!!

Old 07-20-2018, 02:16 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
Well I don't like either one of you guys!!!

Come on Granny! Not even a little bit?

I think this is the point in the year where everybody is just ready for the season to get started, on the field play starts to quiet a lot of the offseason banter down and a lot of the rest is choking down crow lol either way we are 30 days away from games!
Old 07-20-2018, 02:21 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,989 Times in 3,799 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
TBH, I love all the mountain teams and wish them all the luck in the world.....except when Harlan County plays them of courses!!!

It hasn't been all that long ago that Corbin was in a major slump; same for Bell County although their slump has been more recent. It hurts everyone when a team has a rebuilding year, but everybody has them!

Rebuilding is when you take advantage of teaching the more important lessons of life. And yes, there are more important things that football!!!

Nothing comes to mind just now, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
Old 07-20-2018, 03:18 PM
Cheerleader
Absolutely!

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football