View Poll Results: Who wins?
The Undertaker 11 73.33%
Triple H 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Rate This Thread - Wrestling Tournament: Semi-finals - The Undertaker vs. Triple H.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Ninja

Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
ComfortEagle is a jewel in the roughComfortEagle is a jewel in the roughComfortEagle is a jewel in the rough
Default Wrestling Tournament: Semi-finals - The Undertaker vs. Triple H
The Undertaker vs. Triple H

The winner goes on to the championship match.

Voting will last approx. 24 hours.

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Head Coach

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
warriorpride is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to warriorpride
Id say Undertaker.
Send a private message to warriorpride Add warriorpride to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Head Coach
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bluegrassballa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bluegrassballa
Yeah Undertaker. He can always sit up after every hit. Isn't he undefeated at Wrestlemania? Like. 20-0 or something like that. I may be wrong though.
Send a private message to bluegrassballa Add bluegrassballa to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Ninja

ComfortEagle is a jewel in the roughComfortEagle is a jewel in the roughComfortEagle is a jewel in the rough
He's 15-0 at Wrestlemania with a title shot coming up at the next one.

Soon to be 16-0.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Starter

Liked 100 Times in 60 Posts
PHS95 will become famous soon enough
But in their PRIME, I believe that HHH is the better wrestler, though I have to admit that I have never understood the Undertaker's popularity LOL

My husband and I have this argument ALL the time!
Send a private message to PHS95 Add PHS95 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Ninja

I think it's because The Undertaker is one of the few wrestlers that still have a gimmick.

Now, most of the wrestlers are just good guys or bad guys depending on how the writers write the story. But The Undertaker, whether good or bad, still has the gimmick of him being an un-dead reaper of souls.

There's a lot of story with The Undertaker. Like how he always comes back from the dead. The whole mystery of the urn that Paul Bearer had that originally caused The Undertaker to gain strength. The Undertaker "has the power to summon light or cause darkness." Then there was the whole storyline with Kane, and finding out Kane was his brother.

I remember once when The Undertaker could summon lightning. Plus he has one of the best ring entrances. As soon as the bell tolls, the lights go out and it gets all spooky and people go crazy. The kids like him because he has that scarry "horror movie" aspect to him. The older people appreciate how long he's been in the business and how well he's done.

I'll post some YouTube videos of The Undertaker. There's a few where it shows him "coming back from the dead" after being defeated in a casket match.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Starter

Liked 100 Times in 60 Posts
PHS95 will become famous soon enough
CE, all due respect, I have watched him more than half of my life.... never liked him.... I think I liked him most when he rode the Harley to the ring, not the eyes rolling back in his head junk that is just, IMO stale after seeing it for so long! Make sense?
Send a private message to PHS95 Add PHS95 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Ninja

Originally Posted by PHS95 View Post
CE, all due respect, I have watched him more than half of my life.... never liked him.... I think I liked him most when he rode the Harley to the ring, not the eyes rolling back in his head junk that is just, IMO stale after seeing it for so long! Make sense?
Makes sense, but some people consider that the worst gimmick of The Undertaker

They had to kill him off in the story-line and come back from the dead to get him out of that one.

No, but aside from that, some people like him and some don't. It's cheesy sometimes, but I think it's a good break from the ordinary wrestlers.

He did get boring after a while, that's why they've had him come back so many times. Undertaker just came back in November, I think, so his popularity has revived, but I think since he's been around so long they have to keep changing, or going back, or having him 'die' and come back.

He's been lucky to have the writers keep coming up with story-lines, rather than have him get boring and then write him off completely.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:55 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
-STAT- has a spectacular aura about-STAT- has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to -STAT- Send a message via Yahoo to -STAT-
Two of my favorite wrestlers of all time, good or bad. But I would have to choose the Dead Man in this one. I would actually like to see these two in a **** In A Cell match, both are very good in those matches.
Send a private message to -STAT- Add -STAT- to Your Contacts Top of page
Closed Thread

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » General Discussions » Tournaments