Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
79.63%
Bell Co. Bobcats
20.37%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Bell Co. (Class 3A Championship)
RPI’s haven’t changed in weeks, both teams played some cupcakes and both teams have great coaches. They’ve beaten the teams in their way and these boys are ready to hit Kroger Field. Forget stats because running clocks have kept all stats lowered. Bell picks Bell and Belfry picks Belfry. No more hoopla it’s time to see who the King of the Mountains will be come Friday!! (Pikeville and Paintsville will disagree, but coaching backgrounds decides this). Good luck to all teams and a injury free game and safe travel for all.
BellCo18 Wrote:Don’t forget Dudley is 3-0 in State Championship games as well.
that ends Friday 12/5/19TongueirateSho
STIFFY Wrote:I thought bossdaddy was a corbin man this little dig was meant for Corbin fans much like hound 05 always gets his dig in on Bell. But it was all in fun nothing but respect for Belfry and yes they are a considerable favorite based on this thread

Oh I am a Corbin fan, I don’t see how we was favorite in either game. We wasn’t supposed to beat central in 17, wasn’t suppose to beat Boyle in 18. We was not the favorite and this thread isn’t about corbin, we moved up so you guys could make it out of district. Now what’s your opinion on runner up, cause come Friday I am sure it will change.
four quarters Wrote:RPI’s haven’t changed in weeks, both teams played some cupcakes and both teams have great coaches. They’ve beaten the teams in their way and these boys are ready to hit Kroger Field. Forget stats because running clocks have kept all stats lowered. Bell picks Bell and Belfry picks Belfry. No more hoopla it’s time to see who the King of the Mountains will be come Friday!! (Pikeville and Paintsville will disagree, but coaching backgrounds decides this). Good luck to all teams and a injury free game and safe travel for all.
With all respect to these programs. Johnson central is king of the mountains.....but these two could take the sub king category with 3A
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Oh I am a Corbin fan, I don’t see how we was favorite in either game. We wasn’t supposed to beat central in 17, wasn’t suppose to beat Boyle in 18. We was not the favorite and this thread isn’t about corbin, we moved up so you guys could make it out of district. Now what’s your opinion on runner up, cause come Friday I am sure it will change.
Confusednicker:
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Oh I am a Corbin fan, I don’t see how we was favorite in either game. We wasn’t supposed to beat central in 17, wasn’t suppose to beat Boyle in 18. We was not the favorite and this thread isn’t about corbin, we moved up so you guys could make it out of district. Now what’s your opinion on runner up, cause come Friday I am sure it will change.

Haha. We would had whooped that Corbin butt this season on Log Mtn. Btw Bell Co has 2 State Championships since Corbin’s last one. 😂 Runners Up is nothing. If your not first. Your last. But since it’s been so long that Corbin has won it. I guess you guys do enjoy those runners up trophies.
BellCo18 Wrote:Haha. We would had whooped that Corbin butt this season on Log Mtn. Btw Bell Co has 2 State Championships since Corbin’s last one. 😂 Runners Up is nothing. If your not first. Your last. But since it’s been so long that Corbin has won it. I guess you guys do enjoy those runners up trophies.

The same butt whoopin was supposed to have happened last year and remember how that turned out for you...Bell has been no more relevant in the past decade when it comes to state championships than Corbin has and it’s not gonna change anytime soon, regardless how you try and spin it Corbin still has more state championships period...Bell has sat at the top of the RPI all season long and Belfry is the underdog anything else is just a matter of opinion...
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:07,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19

This will be our 9th championship game appearance since 2007.
Yes of course you are right If you include 2007 which I wasn’t. I referenced 2007 and was saying we have played in 7 more championships since that game so I doubt the guy was talking about 2007 when he said “the last one”.

Crazy to think 2019 will be our 11th championship game appearance in 17 years and vying for our 7th title in the same time frame.

Those are numbers I never dreamed were possible. Just incredible.

And you are right it NEVER gets old.
STIFFY Wrote:I thought bossdaddy was a corbin man this little dig was meant for Corbin fans much like hound 05 always gets his dig in on Bell. But it was all in fun nothing but respect for Belfry and yes they are a considerable favorite based on this thread
Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. You weren’t talking to Belfry at all. As long as it is a dig at Corbin I’m on board. 😂
single shot Wrote:The same butt whoopin was supposed to have happened last year and remember how that turned out for you...Bell has been no more relevant in the past decade when it comes to state championships than Corbin has and it’s not gonna change anytime soon, regardless how you try and spin it Corbin still has more state championships period...Bell has sat at the top of the RPI all season long and Belfry is the underdog anything else is just a matter of opinion...

If you think this years Bell Co team is the same as last year. You’re crazy. We stared 9 sophomores on d last season. Btw you may have more but our new school wasn’t established until 1985.
I’m no more crazy than the rest of you for continually bringing it up after Dudley refused to play which is the only way it gets settled...I could care less when Fell Co was established your program has been and always will be the house that Dudley built when he leaves things go to the gutter...Since Corbins first State Championship almost every coach we’ve had has made it to at least a Semi Finals...And 17 years between two state championships ain’t exactly killin it either...
single shot Wrote:I’m no more crazy than the rest of you for continually bringing it up after Dudley refused to play which is the only way it gets settled...I could care less when Fell Co was established your program has been and always will be the house that Dudley built when he leaves things go to the gutter...Since Corbins first State Championship almost every coach we’ve had has made it to at least a Semi Finals...And 17 years between two state championships ain’t exactly killin it either...

Funny how corbin always ends up in a bell county thread. And people can go back and look, it’s always bell county that bring them into the fold, just look at page 1 on this one........ hahahaha
Hound05 Wrote:With all respect to these programs. Johnson central is king of the mountains.....but these two could take the sub king category with 3A

I am going to agree with you there. But I am very proud of our program!
Don't know if there is a lot more to say on this one. RPI #1 Bell Co (14-0). Bell has been in the #1 hole all year essentially....and definitely since the RPI came out. Belfry comes in at 10-3 and originally was in the #8 hole in the RPI until teams began to get beat.

Despite the "public poll" here on BGR....Bell is the prohibitive favorite. Undefeated, haven't really been challenged in a game all season, great QB, good defense and a legendary coach on the sideline.

I guess we'll find out Friday if Belfry has anything to bring to the party or not.

Should be very, very interesting.
I just want it to be Friday already
single shot Wrote:The same butt whoopin was supposed to have happened last year and remember how that turned out for you...Bell has been no more relevant in the past decade when it comes to state championships than Corbin has and it’s not gonna change anytime soon, regardless how you try and spin it Corbin still has more state championships period...Bell has sat at the top of the RPI all season long and Belfry is the underdog anything else is just a matter of opinion...
You guys are the same folks that said rpi was a joke because Bell was 1 you can’t have it both ways. Belfry is the heavy favorite according to most “experts” on here
STIFFY Wrote:You guys are the same folks that said rpi was a joke because Bell was 1 you can’t have it both ways. Belfry is the heavy favorite according to most “experts” on here

I didn’t say that the rpi was a joke I said Belfry got screwed for playing a tougher schedule and playing on the road in the semis...For the most part it’s got things right first time I can remember this many really good championship games...
ArJay Wrote:I am going to agree with you there. But I am very proud of our program!

Wishing you nothing but safe travels and good luck...
There is probably no way to definitively answer this but it’s entirely possible that a high school game has never been played with two coaches with this many wins. Combined it is somewhere between 750 and 800 I believe.
Watusi. Wrote:Yes of course you are right If you include 2007 which I wasn’t. I referenced 2007 and was saying we have played in 7 more championships since that game so I doubt the guy was talking about 2007 when he said “the last one”.

Crazy to think 2019 will be our 11th championship game appearance in 17 years and vying for our 7th title in the same time frame.

Those are numbers I never dreamed were possible. Just incredible.

And you are right it NEVER gets old.

That is amazing.
Westside Wrote:That is amazing.

I'm digging the pic Westside, I can remember as a kid drawing stars on a pair of tighty whitey's to be just like the Mancho man...but I think that pic was before he became Mancho Man that was Randy and Lanny battling the Rock and Roll express days...
ArJay Wrote:I am going to agree with you there. But I am very proud of our program!

Absolutely! You have ever right to be proud of them. They’ve come a long way in the past three years
cuppett777 Wrote:that ends Friday 12/5/19TongueirateSho
Dudley won't get the trophy until the 6th.
pjdoug Wrote:Dudley won't get the trophy until the 6th.

Wondering when someone would catch that.
Bell Co 27 Belfry 21
pjdoug Wrote:Dudley won't get the trophy until the 6th.

Haywood gonna let him see it or something??
belfry_99 Wrote:haywood gonna let him see it or something??

😂😂😂🅱️🅱️🏈🏈🏴*☠️🏴*☠️
Belfry_99 Wrote:Haywood gonna let him see it or something??

They give runner up trophies, too.
I picked Belfry to win when I created this thread and I still stand by that today, but if you would've asked me last Friday night or Saturday what I thought the final score would be I probably wouldn't taken Belfry by 17-20 points. Two nights before the game, I'm still taking Belfry, but I think it's going to be another physical competitive game for the Pirates. I expect more scoring, but I still think both teams will walk out of Kroger Field Friday night knowing they were in one heckuva battle.

Belfry wins, 27-22.
Early weather shows rain and high 49 low 30. By the time Friday comes around in Lexington it could be snowing or in the 60’s. Regardless it will be Lexington wind blowing, both predominantly run the ball. Will either team look to possibly throw the ball maybe more than usual? I don’t know much about either passing attacks.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next