Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle Co. Rebels
46.51%
Johnson Central Golden Eagles
53.49%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. vs. Johnson Central (Class 4A State Championship)
They may have a great passer at QB. If their QB has more heart than Ryley Preece, I’ll tip my hat. He is a winner.
Both QBs are great at THEIR jobs. But totally different. It’s almost impossible to determine which would be better because of the styles of play. Both fit their system very well. I would say without a doubt Boyle has the better WRs and if JCs kicker is better id have to see it with me own eyes. But even with the way McDaniels is playing for Boyle, still give the nod to JC for running back.
Hound05 Wrote:Both QBs are great at THEIR jobs. But totally different. It’s almost impossible to determine which would be better because of the styles of play. Both fit their system very well. I would say without a doubt Boyle has the better WRs and if JCs kicker is better id have to see it with me own eyes. But even with the way McDaniels is playing for Boyle, still give the nod to JC for running back.

I don't know anything about Boyle's kicker but JC has a very good one.
Bob Seger Wrote:I don't know anything about Boyle's kicker but JC has a very good one.

Boyle’s Kicker is consistently rated the #1 Sophomore Kicker in the Nation coming out of camps. He hit a FG from over 59 yards as an 8th grader.

This year he has missed only one EP ( blocked) and is 8-8 on FG’s. :Thumbs:
Bob Seger Wrote:I don't know anything about Boyle's kicker but JC has a very good one.

I know some of the Boyle posters- while 99% of them are reasonable and objective- like to make it out they have the best everything, there probably isn’t a better kicker in the state of KY. I watched him as an 8th grader hit 40+ yarders in the freezing cold and still had distance to spare. Leg wise, I’d pick him against anyone in this state even some college kickers around here at smaller schools.
Hatz Wrote:Boyle’s Kicker is consistently rated the #1 Sophomore Kicker in the Nation coming out of camps. He hit a FG from over 59 yards as an 8th grader.

Are you sure it wasn’t 49?
Saw the Boyle kicker in the MS state playoffs. He’s good. Jake Headley is a perfectly good HS kicker, and I’m glad he’s on our team. That being said, Jackson Smith is a special kicking talent. Again, he’s good.
Hatz Wrote:Boyle’s Kicker is consistently rated the #1 Sophomore Kicker in the Nation coming out of camps. He hit a FG from over 59 yards as an 8th grader.

That's certainly impressive..

You sure it was 59 yards? That's close to the all time NFL record.
Hound05 Wrote:Are you sure it wasn’t 49?

50’s a better round number. :biglmao:
Video on twitter of a Boyle County administrator saying those people from Johnson Central can’t even count to 100. Bad look and even more of a motivator for JC to win
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Bob Seger Wrote:That's certainly impressive..

You sure it was 59 yards? That's close to the all time NFL record.

Fat fingers. Confusednicker:

49. :Thumbs:

67 is the College record I believe.
Spud6 Wrote:Video on twitter of a Boyle County administrator saying those people from Johnson Central can’t even count to 100. Bad look and even more of a motivator for JC to win

Middle School Administrator.
Spud6 Wrote:Video on twitter of a Boyle County administrator saying those people from Johnson Central can’t even count to 100. Bad look and even more of a motivator for JC to win

It’s already all over Johnson County.
Funny thing is Boyle football team has several parents that graduated from Johnson Central.
If I was somebody from BC, I would have my administrator for damage control start doing their job. I’m not necessarily saying this will affect the outcome of the game, but dang it’s bad timing for people to start slinging out the stereotypes at Johnson Central. JC doesn’t need any extra motivation and one thing I know is that mountain folks don’t like being made fun of.
I don’t agree with it (the video)because I think it’s a tad bit classless, but given he was talking to kids in a joking matter, it’s really not that big of a deal. But then again he didn’t say anything about me or my school.

I did notice, as someone else has said, you could tell the kid who does the BCSN and some others were trying to get that mic back
Hound05 Wrote:I don’t agree with it (the video)because I think it’s a tad bit classless, but given he was talking to kids in a joking matter, it’s really not that big of a deal. But then again he didn’t say anything about me or my school.

I did notice, as someone else has said, you could tell the kid who does the BCSN and some others were trying to get that mic back

Trash talking is cool and all and anyone with a brain realizes he's kidding, but he's a administrator at Boyle Co Middle and said that in front of his students about another school district. That's the real problem with his comments. His job is to lead and set examples and he made a mistake during that pep rally.

It's riled up everyone in Johnson County and I don't think the players need anymore motivation than they probably already have.
Just bad taste. The fact he used they live in places called hollers rubs me the wrong way. Lived on a creek for 25 years now, have a four year bachelors degree from Morehead State and a great job. I’m totally being soft here probably but that just got under my skin.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
The jokes on him. JC is the reigning Governors Cup Champions 😂😂. Not to mention how many other times they’ve won it. What a jackass
Spud6 Wrote:Just bad taste. The fact he used they live in places called hollers rubs me the wrong way. Lived on a creek for 25 years now, have a four year bachelors degree from Morehead State and a great job. I’m totally being soft here probably but that just got under my skin.

I've always lived in a holler by a creek Smile
Hatz Wrote:Fat fingers. Confusednicker:

I know at one time Tom Dempsy held the NFL record of 63 yards.
Redneck Wrote:The jokes on him. JC is the reigning Governors Cup Champions ����. Not to mention how many other times they’ve won it. What a jackass

Johnson Co. Middle School has something like 15 Governors Cup State Championships in like the past 17 years..That folks is what a true dynasty really is..Ironic how they are the ones that have beat the shit out of this little worm's school (every single year) that is doing the big talking. That guy needs to be fired, if for nothing more than just being a pure dumbass.
Bob Seger Wrote:I know at one time Tom Dempsy held the NFL record of 63 yards.

impressive for a square foot and a hand missing.
Hatz Wrote:Fat fingers. Confusednicker:

Also , since we are talking about this , isn't it also ironic that a kicker from Johnson Central holds the all time state record for longest punt, longest field goal, and longest free kick.
pjdoug Wrote:impressive for a square foot and a hand missing.

Yep...And I also watched that game when he did it.
There are two videos from the Boyle County pep rally with the comments in question.

These are the quotes.......

"They live in these places called Hollers...…"

"A lot of people from Johnson Central can't even count to 100....."

I would lose my moderator position and be banned from BGR if I posted my true feelings about this........ I know for some of you, that would be an early birthday & Christmas gift if that happened.

So here's what I will say.
98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103.......
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Not by any stretch of the imagination am I a JC fan. Having said that....

Run it up, Eagles.
Looks like WYMT got ahold of these videos and asked for comments from the Boyle Co. Superintendent.
Westside Wrote:I hate to get off topic here. FoSho, the Boyle County fan base brings things on themselves, and you are the worst of the bunch. You all always have an excuse for a close game. Last year it was a wet field and injuries. This year it's that you all decided to keep the offense vanilla. Why not just say that the other team was good? why always throw in an excuse. You all have a great team but could use a dose of humility. Fosho, as for you, you are constantly trolling other members, but if anyone posts something about you, you whine and complain. It's pathetic.

As for this game, I have no idea how it is going to go. Both are great teams in their own right and both have completely different styles. I think Boyle County may be the favorite, according to members of this site, but I like Johnson Central's chances. I will say this though, if Boyle County does indeed win, you won't get a bunch of excuses from the Johnson Central fan base.
You must have gotten a sneak peek of the trailer to "the video" to come to some of these conclusions...…..Confusedhh:
Bob Seger Wrote:Looks like WYMT got ahold of these videos and asked for comments from the Boyle Co. Superintendent.

“I Think I’m going to Kathmandu ...”. :biggrin:
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next