Poll: Belfry @ Harlan Co Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
69.61%
Belfry
30.39%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Harlan County 9/6
Less than 48 hours till complete blowout city.

Me and my friends have decided to listen to the radio. I dont want any children seeing how ugly this one will get.

HC 49
Belfry 7
skully03 Wrote:So you named one. BIG DEAL!!!

Players Harlan County has faced over the past three seasons...

- Damien Harris, Madison Southern (#3 RB in the nation)
- Malachi Horton, Morristown West (#131 RB in the country on 247 Sports)
- Dennis Oxendine, Tates Creek (Ath. Committed to Illinois State)
- Jeffrey Canady, Knox Central (Air Force offer, EKU RB commit, 1st team AP all-state
- Pokey Harris, George Rogers Clark (RB committed to Murray State, 3rd Team Courier Journal All-State.)
- Patrick Towles, Highlands (#9 QB in the country, committed to Kentucky, Mr. Football)

Harlan County has faced a lot of players that are better than anyone in the Belfry backfield. And that's not even including players like Austin Pray, Jonathon Polly, etc...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Less than 48 hours till complete blowout city.

Me and my friends have decided to listen to the radio. I dont want any children seeing how ugly this one will get.

HC 49
Belfry 7

Come on, man! Come watch... you know you want to. I'll have you a super nice "Emergency Room Afternoon" shirt printed and everything!!
YNWA Wrote:Players Harlan County has faced over the past three seasons...

- Jeffrey Canady, Knox Central (Air Force offer, EKU RB commit, 1st team AP all-state
- Pokey Harris, George Rogers Clark (RB committed to Murray State, 3rd Team Courier Journal All-State.)
- Patrick Towles, Highlands (#9 QB in the country, committed to Kentucky, Mr. Football)

Harlan County has faced a lot of players that are better than anyone in the Belfry backfield. And that's not even including players like Austin Pray, Jonathon Polly, etc...

That's impressive, I'm being for real. But there's very few kids you guys have seen like Phillip Francis & Donald Styles... Those two are an absolutely sick combo.
There was some discussion about Harlan County being 6A before the school opened, but it is has always been 5A. Someone brings that up every year, but it's wrong. You can't play down anyway. It isn't allowed. No one does it.
YNWA Wrote:Players Harlan County has faced over the past three seasons...

But, you've never faced BELFRY. It doesn't matter about all them stars on their respective teams. All that matters is how the team plays as a whole. So you faced some big names individually but not the biggest name as a team THE BELFRY PIRATES!!!!!
HDE Wrote:There was some discussion about Harlan County being 6A before the school opened, but it is has always been 5A. Someone brings that up every year, but it's wrong. You can't play down anyway. It isn't allowed. No one does it.

I thought I remembered one team almost getting to do it. I know a few used to play up but do they still?
Just the same, Belfry has faced Richard Trent, Kentayvus Hopkins, Josh Harris, Neal Pawsat, Jordan Olinger (in scrimmages), Cade O'Bryan, Markell Hayes, Ace Wales, JJ Jude, Will Tom Collins, Storm Wilson... that just scratches the surface of the past 3 years. BOTH teams have seen some sick athletes lined up across from them. Every single name I just listed except for Ace Wales took at least one L from Belfry in their 4 years!
Per my earlier post, HC is in the middle of the road numbers wise in 5A.
They are smaller than several 5A schools.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Just the same, Belfry has faced Richard Trent, Kentayvus Hopkins, Josh Harris, Neal Pawsat, Jordan Olinger (in scrimmages), Cade O'Bryan, Markell Hayes, Ace Wales, JJ Jude, Will Tom Collins, Storm Wilson... that just scratches the surface of the past 3 years. BOTH teams have seen some sick athletes lined up across from them. Every single name I just listed except for Ace Wales took at least one L from Belfry in their 4 years!

Never said Belfry hasn't faced good players. Just replying to the poster that said Harlan County has never faced athletes like Belfry has. In fact I have a lot of respect for the Belfry program. Great players, great coach, great tradition.
YNWA Wrote:Never said Belfry hasn't faced good players. Just replying to the poster that said Harlan County has never faced athletes like Belfry has. In fact I have a lot of respect for the Belfry program. Great players, great coach, great tradition.
I never once said Harlan co. Has never faced athletes like belfry has. I said a team as a whole like Belfry. And as do I have respect for Harlan Co. They have done a tremendous job for a school not that old. I give my props to you all. I know both teams has talent and has faced talented teams. Don't get so worked up. It's going to be a BRUTAL AND CLOSE GAME no matter who the VICTOR MAY BE.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:I'll take that bet on that....your filthy animals have never played skilled players like they will see Friday..not this year or last year, or the year before that...face it man, you know I'm right...TongueirateShoTongueirateSho

I wasn't talking about you Skully. I was talking about this quote from Pirate1991#8. BTW...I'm not worked up. I know it's just a football game. Just correcting his error.
YNWA Wrote:I wasn't talking about you Skully. I was talking about this quote from Pirate1991#8. BTW...I'm not worked up. I know it's just a football game. Just correcting his error.
Oh ok my bad. No problem. Everyone on here is talking smack but when it comes down to where the rubber meets the road this is going to be one heck of a game and a close one. I know some Harlan fans don't seem to think so but oh well
Rarely does the term upset and Belfry go together but this game it will apply as the Pirates upset Harlan Co in hard fought win by 6
It's 56 degrees in Harlan County this morning. Just wondering if the Pond Pirates can feel this "death chill" in the air!!!

One more day til GAME DAY!!!

Go Black Bears!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Less than 48 hours till complete blowout city.

HC 49
Belfry 7

I'm seriously pissed!! You promised me I could meet your kids!!
YNWA Wrote:I wasn't talking about you Skully. I was talking about this quote from Pirate1991#8. BTW...I'm not worked up. I know it's just a football game. Just correcting his error.

No error, cause i don't think you named anyone better than my Pirates...but hey its my opinion and i respect yours....but hey the boys will settle it.....
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:I respect your opinion, but you don't know what you signed up for.....I think you guys should stop listening to Maxpreps cause that stuff is garbage....Our offense will put your defense to the test...WE ARE JUST AS GOOD....you guys play to many skill players both ways, that's not good when you play us...that legendary coach know what he is doin....I'm mean you guys are good but you know that thisis the biggest and best team Harlan county has ever played...if you are right and blow us out then your guys are ready to play .BG for the title..but it ain't happening jack...TongueirateShoTongueirateSho

I bet the coaching staff and most of the fans of Belfry cringe when they see you on here posting. All teams has fans that are absolute idiots on here and I see you're that guy for Belfry.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Sorry i don't keep up with your playoff schedule....but awnser me this who have you guys beat...5A east is just as weak as 3A East....cause you guys are in the same boat as us, we have central and you guys will have .BG...but we can play with Central...i will pull for ya but .BG is pretty much the #1 team in the state....but i will always root for my fellow mountain folk..TongueirateSho

There's no class in the east that's as weak as 3A. 3A in the east is an absolute joke. At least 5A has teams like Cooper,Harlan County,Pulaski County,Franklin County,and Conner to name a few. Belfry has a good team there's no doubt about that but they have the easiest path to the state finals. I'd love to be able to play Knott Central,Lawrence County,Breathitt County,and Bourbon County to advance to the state title game like Belfry did last year.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I bet the coaching staff and most of the fans of Belfry cringe when they see you on here posting. All teams has fans that are absolute idiots on here and I see you're that guy for Belfry.

And i see that you are Ashland's idiot...lol...
Tomcat Pride Wrote:There's no class in the east that's as weak as 3A. 3A in the east is an absolute joke. At least 5A has teams like Cooper,Harlan County,Pulaski County,Franklin County,and Conner to name a few. Belfry has a good team there's no doubt about that but they have the easiest path to the state finals. I'd love to be able to play Knott Central,Lawrence County,Breathitt County,and Bourbon County to advance to the state title game like Belfry did last year.

That's comin from a person who's team can't get out of the second week of the playoffs...yep your Ashland's idiot alright....:biglmao:
Hey BELFRY0304, I say we makes some shirts that say, I LEFT HARLAN ALIVE!!!!!!!! What do ya say????
Good morning Black Bear fans, one more day...Reading this thread is freaking funny, and while HC is going to win, coming back here after the game is the part i'm looking forward to. Gonna be some bragging going on by whichever team wins. hahaha..
Hey BELFRY0304, I say we makes some shirts that say, I LEFT HARLAN ALIVE!!!!!!!! What do ya say????

Yes, have those made today because after tomorrow night you won't be able to do anything but wonder what happened to your Pondy Pirates!!!

Order those in a 4XL, make sure they fit over yours' and belfry0304's head!!
Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Hey BELFRY0304, I say we makes some shirts that say, I LEFT HARLAN ALIVE!!!!!!!! What do ya say????

Yes, have those made today because after tomorrow night you won't be able to do anything but wonder what happened to your Pondy Pirates!!!

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I bet the coaching staff and most of the fans of Belfry cringe when they see you on here posting. All teams has fans that are absolute idiots on here and I see you're that guy for Belfry.

And to awnser your question, No BELFRY coaches read this stuff, and they and the fans know what kinda guy i am and they love me for it...and thanks for the comment about we are Good, but we already knew you guys knew that because you dropped us this year for Sheldon Clark..lol..that's idiotic cause they ain't gonna make ya better...but hey it worked out cause we picked up this great game....
Tomcat Pride Wrote:There's no class in the east that's as weak as 3A. 3A in the east is an absolute joke. At least 5A has teams like Cooper,Harlan County,Pulaski County,Franklin County,and Conner to name a few. Belfry has a good team there's no doubt about that but they have the easiest path to the state finals. I'd love to be able to play Knott Central,Lawrence County,Breathitt County,and Bourbon County to advance to the state title game like Belfry did last year.

Of course you would...you support a 4A team who has Highlands in your region. Also.. the best teams you listed (Franklin, Conner, Cooper) are all in the same region. You only have to face one of them.

Would 2A Somerset rather face Pburg, Middlesboro, Danville, and NewCath than those teams? Probably so.

Would 1A Pikeville rather face their normal opponents or those 3A teams? Definitely the 1A teams. There is a reason there is a class difference. It is all relative.

Belfry plays the 3A teams in front of them. Of the Pirate teams who reached the Finals who would you have honestly taken in 3A over them?

Let's look at the years Belfry reached the Finals:

2007- Belfry was the #1 3A team basically the entire year. They were 14-0 and defeated a very good Johnson Central team. Crushed Somerset on the road and obliterated an undefeated Breathitt County team(who had defeated a solid Pburg team and 1A Runner-Up LCA). The only 3A team with an argument was Tilghman, but remember at the time the loss to Central was considered an upset.

2010- That was not a very strong Belfry team, but they certainly earned their way to Bowling Green by defeating a one loss Mason County team (who I believe was ranked #4) and defeating a Somerset team who was undefeated and ranked #1 (they were runner-ups from the previous season). Belfry imploded in that game.. but to be fair no team stayed within 2 TD's of them throughout the playoffs.

2011- Belfry played Central to the last play. Central cruised through the playoffs. Belfry defeated a very solid Garrard County team who I honestly thought was the 3rd best 3A team that year.. they also went to Jackson and knocked off an undefeated Breathitt team who many regarded as the #2 team entering that game.

2012- Central finally had a playoff run where they were pushed by other 3A teams.. but they also were contending with significant injuries to their QB and RB. Belfry played Central with everyone back and it literally came down to a missed XP. Was an undefeated Bourbon County and an undefeated Breathitt the #3 and #4 teams in 3A when the dust settled? Probably not... but they were not slouches either and entering those games they were both billed as legit contenders.
Granny Bear Wrote:Hey BELFRY0304, I say we makes some shirts that say, I LEFT HARLAN ALIVE!!!!!!!! What do ya say????

My head is a 3X granny because of the military haircut...lol
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:That's comin from a person who's team can't get out of the second week of the playoffs...yep your Ashland's idiot alright....:biglmao:

It's well known that Belfry rarely gets a win against Ashland so are you saying that Belfry would win against Covington Catholic and Highlands? You're even a bigger idiot than I thought you were. You must me a West Virginia Pirate so I guess I should cut you some slack.
NM
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next