•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin Head Coaching Search
why would they push out haddix if they're going to bring someone in who seems pretty similar to haddix .. just an outsiders thoughts
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:why would they push out haddix if they're going to bring someone in who seems pretty similar to haddix .. just an outsiders thoughts

I was wondering the same thing. They are mirror images of each other with Haddix being a few years further along in his career. From the research I’ve done it looks like Franklin returns everybody much like Corbin. Has to be a tough decision.
Because very few really wanted Haddix to leave, I know he felt slighted while making his decision but I think he felt Boyle was a better opportunity, I didn’t agree with him but wish him nothing but the best of luck...
I agree with single shot, Haddix leaving was not a goal of Corbin, it's just ultimately Haddix took the road to Boyle, in his eyes it will take him where-ever he wants to go! Good Luck to him and wish him many successful seasons to come! But, re-energizing these younger juniors, sophomores, and freshmen who feel shafted by a sudden coaching change, I hope Committee stays with a younger coach in their pursuit! It will solve a short term problem and give hope for a potential long term coach that could fall in love with a football program in Corbin!
I really don’t understand the interest in James. They’ve played a very mediocre schedule and have been knocked out of playoffs in 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds.
footballfever Wrote:I really don’t understand the interest in James. They’ve played a very mediocre schedule and have been knocked out of playoffs in 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Haddix’s record wasn’t much if any better when he left Perry Central for Corbin...
single shot Wrote:Haddix’s record wasn’t much if any better when he left Perry Central for Corbin...

So that’s the interest he reminds you all of Haddix?
single shot Wrote:Everything you’ve posted is incorrect whether your nose has skin on it or not...

Like I said .....believe what you want. Snyder street will survive either way. 😂😂😂
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:why would they push out haddix if they're going to bring someone in who seems pretty similar to haddix .. just an outsiders thoughts

He wasn’t pushed out. He had a job at Corbin as long as he wanted. He chose to leave.
footballfever Wrote:I really don’t understand the interest in James. They’ve played a very mediocre schedule and have been knocked out of playoffs in 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds.

In the last two seasons his teams have lost to

Boyle County(13-1)
Anderson County (10-1)
Knox Central ( 10-4, in OT)

Central in the playoffs without their starting QB after beating them AT central in the regular season.

Considering the lack of talent at Franklin I’d say the guy can coach. I’m impressed and want him leading my Hounds!!! Do yourself a favor & look at his social media. It speaks for itself. I’m sold. I just hope Greer can coordinate the D.
footballfever Wrote:So that’s the interest he reminds you all of Haddix?

That’s your words not mine I was simply comparing records at the time both of them where being offered the HC job at Corbin...It’s either him or Greer I’ll support either one and help them in any way I can...
If Tommy wants the job and doesn’t get it, will be interesting to see if he would still be an assistant.
If Tommy wants this job, he will NOT be a coordinator. It will be his team if he has anything to do with it. Unless there are lots of dollar signs associated with it. Equal to or greater than the head coach salary. I still think he has to be the head guy if he is envolved.
Good luck this season and hope to see the hounds play this year. Corbin is loaded. Keep passing the ball Redhounds :Cheerlead
HighViz Wrote:If Tommy wants this job, he will NOT be a coordinator. It will be his team if he has anything to do with it. Unless there are lots of dollar signs associated with it. Equal to or greater than the head coach salary. I still think he has to be the head guy if he is envolved.

Tommy is to old to play second fiddle I agree highviz, he will be headman or not involved at all in the coaching.
CowboyDad Wrote:Corbin deserves a good, fiery young coach that wants to be involved from top to bottom.

I said they ought to pursue a coach like Jason Foley at Southwestern. I get he’s still a little young and maybe you can argue credentials but with the full roster of talent, he’s very capable AND he’s definitely the kind of coach kids would rally around. Won at Taylor County, and in the first year with a bit of a injury bug he won district at Southwestern which is huge if you ask me.

If there’s anyone to reach out, don’t overlook him.

Taylor was maybe even more loaded last year than this, still had the D1 prospect Logan Parker who decided to quit school this year but I remember the kid was benching like 350 his freshman year at 6'3" 280 pounds, and fast. So Taylor was loaded when Foley had them. I thought he was nearly suspended from coaching with the recruiting junk, or something fishy I heard through the grapevine. But I know if I were Corbin I'd probably have someone..."bigger" named, logically speaking. Coming from my perspective, I wish you guys would hire a blind monkey and run a very low level version of the single wing and lose every game...But that's just me.
smoke1015 Wrote:Taylor was maybe even more loaded last year than this, still had the D1 prospect Logan Parker who decided to quit school this year but I remember the kid was benching like 350 his freshman year at 6'3" 280 pounds, and fast. So Taylor was loaded when Foley had them. I thought he was nearly suspended from coaching with the recruiting junk, or something fishy I heard through the grapevine. But I know if I were Corbin I'd probably have someone..."bigger" named, logically speaking. Coming from my perspective, I wish you guys would hire a blind monkey and run a very low level version of the single wing and lose every game...But that's just me.

I’ve heard several “local haters” say they would like the job so they could destroy the program...that I will never understand. I always pull for area schools unless we are playing them.
As far as the coaching search goes, I think you could argue that Corbin could have 3 or 4 state championships in the 6 years Haddix was here, in all games there was no defensive adjustments at halftime. The loss to Central with the ball kicked into the air, loss to Belfry when we couldnt stop a simple counter play in 2nd half and loss to Boyle in championship and the other loss to Central in championship...Haddix to share some on that. All 4 games there was 0 defensive adjustment at halftime or during the game.
I have no inside info, but I’m curious if the committee is having a difficult time finding a candidate that is interested once they hear the requirements such as coordinators, assistants and so on. This is 2020 after all and Corbin isn’t relevant to most outside coaches as far as tradition goes other than what was accomplished during the Haddix tenure. It’s hard for some old heads to understand that Corbin wasn’t considered a powerhouse for many years until Haddix turned it around. There are only a couple old hounds that would be capable of running the program that would have any loyalty and none of them currently work in the school system, many believe there is one but all you need to do is look at his resume to see he isn’t the one.
campbellfield Wrote:I’ve heard several “local haters” say they would like the job so they could destroy the program...that I will never understand. I always pull for area schools unless we are playing them.
As far as the coaching search goes, I think you could argue that Corbin could have 3 or 4 state championships in the 6 years Haddix was here, in all games there was no defensive adjustments at halftime. The loss to Central with the ball kicked into the air, loss to Belfry when we couldnt stop a simple counter play in 2nd half and loss to Boyle in championship and the other loss to Central in championship...Haddix to share some on that. All 4 games there was 0 defensive adjustment at halftime or during the game.
I have no inside info, but I’m curious if the committee is having a difficult time finding a candidate that is interested once they hear the requirements such as coordinators, assistants and so on. This is 2020 after all and Corbin isn’t relevant to most outside coaches as far as tradition goes other than what was accomplished during the Haddix tenure. It’s hard for some old heads to understand that Corbin wasn’t considered a powerhouse for many years until Haddix turned it around. There are only a couple old hounds that would be capable of running the program that would have any loyalty and none of them currently work in the school system, many believe there is one but all you need to do is look at his resume to see he isn’t the one.

It’s out of the committee’s hands now Principle Crawford has had their recommendations since Tuesday I’m not sure if it’s a negotiations hold up or what but I’ve been awake half the night obsessing over this...
footballfever Wrote:If Tommy wants the job and doesn’t get it, will be interesting to see if he would still be an assistant.

He’s not going to be an ASSISTANT anywhere.
Heard this morning Foley got the job.
CityBoyBlues Wrote:In the last two seasons his teams have lost to

Boyle County(13-1)
Anderson County (10-1)
Knox Central ( 10-4, in OT)

Central in the playoffs without their starting QB after beating them AT central in the regular season.

Considering the lack of talent at Franklin I’d say the guy can coach. I’m impressed and want him leading my Hounds!!! Do yourself a favor & look at his social media. It speaks for itself. I’m sold. I just hope Greer can coordinate the D.

Franklin County has talent. No dog in the Corbin fight, but Franklin County has won 70% of their games this decade. This is not a discredit to the coaching staff at Franklin County, but coaches don't win without talent. Some coaches are better at developing talent than others.
WETSU Wrote:Heard this morning Foley got the job.

Close. It has been offered, but not to Foley.
CityBoyBlues Wrote:Close. It has been offered, but not to Foley.

Somerset guy trying to stir the pot.
If what I am hearing is correct Corbins program will be mired back in the Jewell eras mediocrity very quickly. The good ol boys network wins yet again.
What’s the latest?
Corbin was 6-5 and made a second round exit this year. It’s not like they were setting the world on fire. They will be fine moving forward everybody has ups and downs. The Corbin program is bigger than any coach that comes through there.
Finally someone sees the real facts. Finally someone who knows and actually pays attention to what’s happening on the field. If he is given the job several kids will walk.
CityBoyBlues Wrote:If what I am hearing is correct Corbins program will be mired back in the Jewell eras mediocrity very quickly. The good ol boys network wins yet again.
Then what are you hearing? Anyone can get on here and leave a vague half clue to “what their hearing”. So what is it? Otherwise I call BS. Actually I do anyways because I’m very close to one of the people involved in the hiring process, and I’ve got nothing from him that would suggest that. Actually the opposite. He said several well known coaches applied for it, we even said no to a very good coach- IMO, he’s been in a few state titles recently- because of “style/philosophy”.
Why will no one drop the name they are hearing?
If it’s what the majority of the locals are hearing the reason it hasn’t been announced is they are doing damage control. They are reaching out to the 4-5 kids that some on here said received preferential treatment. The ones the parents are butt hurt about because they wasn’t treated as others. What they are doing now is preferential treatment. I bet the kids and parents that felt that certain kids got by with stuff would really be up in arms if they knew what was going on behind the scenes.
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next