•  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA
(11-02-2022, 04:51 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 11:26 AM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 08:33 AM)16thregioner Wrote: I wasn't going to comment here again, but...

The story from the "parent meeting" is a bit much.  I've seen the GC and BC player out in public together.  The tension being described is wishful thinking.  Both are VERY good at basketball and getting better under the coaching of Jason Mays.  I'm sure they'll work it out.  I've seen much crazier sports parents than the GC player's dad over the years.  Their transfer to Ashland and subsequent hold back were INCREDIBLY successful moves.  He already has D-1 offers as a sophomore and has played in 2 state tournaments.

If your son isn't playing basketball at Ashland, then you should have transferred him to another school if he loves the sport that much.  Fairview and Rose Hill are a stones throw away if he isn't very good.  Spots are still available on those teams.  If he is good, Boyd County welcomes transfers with open arms.  Go there.  If he doesn't want to leave Ashland schools, pick another sport.  Perhaps football, baseball, or soccer could use him.  You've got to find your place and make the best of life given the circumstances you're dealt.

I don't know if he's going to play basketball or not this season, but the guy who couldn't make a "meaningful" shot has been great at football this year and even set the single game reception record for Ashland.  Total success story.  Speaks volumes for his character.

As I've belabored, I don't agree with Jason Mays downing his own players and his bombastic personality makes him an easy villian, but there is such a thing as forgiveness and there is such a thing as finding something else to do.  We've learned Ashland is not the school to go after through the KHSAA.  They've got connections.  Accept it and move on.
I have personally seen them play and they are good players recruited to play at Ashland.  So, what you are advocating for an Ashland kid to do is this. Your words not mine. Allow Mays to recruit players and push you out. Neither kid lives in Ashland.  The GC kid lives there and the BC kid lives in Bellefonte. Both out of district recruits. Not transfers.  RECRUITS.   You are supportive of that.  IMO you are from the same tree as Mays.  If you support kids being recruited to push out Ashland kids.  Sir you are part of this broken wheel not the solution. Yes, I do with you about one thing. The player who is playing football has more character then the Administration or Mays added up together.  I have not seen Mays developed anyone at Ashland. I have seen him recruit around kids and positions.  Reference the Mays tape. Accept it and move on.  That mentality is what a guy like Mays banks on you doing.  accept me cheating, you, your kids, just accept it or like you said. Move schools.  SMH
Accusing kids of being recruits. 
Talking about team parents. 
You are either a disgruntled parent that Jr. didn’t play as much as you thought he deserved or the Crazy Boyd dad trying to keep things stirred up.  
There is NOT one player on Ashland’s roster that was recruited. All living in a vetted legal residence.  Create a winning program and players will come to you.  Move on.  I kind of feel sorry for you.  

Question:  Did the young man that crazy Boyd Dad was recruiting from Spring Valley come back to Boyd?  (Bylaw 16 violation!?)
Or the transfer from South Point.  Did he make it?
If ya live in a glass house…..  ya know the rest.  Lol
Appy kitty no accusations. Listen to the audio. Obviously you aren’t around the program  and just disregard the entire audio. If you had a kid playing on the team. You would not be so willing to except kids being recruited to play around yours. I don’t know anything about BC. I do know Mays told our kids on the bus ride to Virginia that they will like the kid from NJ that The new coach was bringing. Is that the glass house your talking about?
Is the player in question practicing with Boyd Co currently?
(11-02-2022, 09:42 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Is the player in question practicing with Boyd Co currently?
The one on the audio that was recruited from BC?  That Coach Lemaster was handling. Yes he is. Played all summer.  Came at the end of school.  Just as the audio stated.
(11-03-2022, 10:48 AM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 09:42 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Is the player in question practicing with Boyd Co currently?
The one on the audio that was recruited from BC?  That Coach Lemaster was handling. Yes he is. Played all summer.  Came at the end of school.  Just as the audio stated.
Incorrect.  The one from Boyd Co. left because of being in a poor situation.  You had crazy dad talking about him on the audio.  He wasn’t recruited at all.  The attempted recruit was from Spring Valley and the other one that is being questioned is from South Point. We’ll know if the player from South Point is there.  Wonder if they will self-report their violation?  After all they are on such a high moral pedestal right now that never does anything wrong.  It’s not a secret.  Most know what they are doing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Appalachian Cat's post:
  • 16thregioner
(11-04-2022, 04:56 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 10:48 AM)16thregionballer Wrote:
Incorrect.  The one from Boyd Co. left because of being in a poor situation.  You had crazy dad talking about him on the audio.  He wasn’t recruited at all.  The attempted recruit was from Spring Valley and the other one that is being questioned is from South Point. We’ll know if the player from South Point is there.  Wonder if they will self-report their violation?  After all they are on such a high moral pedestal right now that never does anything wrong.  It’s not a secret.  Most know what they are doing.
You might want to listen to the audio Appy. Mays specifically says he has coach Lemaster handling recruitment of that one. That’s fact on the audio. Mays specifically was going to pass on senior to get the 8th grader to have him 4 years instead of 1. Mays was gonna trade him as well. Fact audio. As far as the other stuff. You seem confused and delusional when it comes to the facts. Have you even listened to the audio? You obviously not around the program or you would know this.
(11-05-2022, 12:25 AM)16thregionballer Wrote: You might want to listen to the audio Appy. Mays specifically says he has coach Lemaster handling recruitment of that one. That’s fact on the audio. Mays specifically was going to pass on senior to get the 8th grader to have him 4 years instead of 1. Mays was gonna trade him as well. Fact audio. As far as the other stuff. You seem confused and delusional when it comes to the facts. Have you even listened to the audio? You obviously not around the program or you would know this.

You are apparently misunderstanding.  

I believe the Appalachian Cat is referring to the “2 poor homegrown Boyd County boys from Summit” who might not get to play this season because the Lions are actively trying to get players from West Virginia and Ohio to take their place.

You can go ahead and lump those poor overlooked Boyd boys in with the “guard from Rush” that had to sit the bench in 2018 and watch a senior transfer from Proctorville, Ohio take his spot on the hardwood and lead Boyd to a regional title,

with the “6 poor girls from Cannonsburg” who never got to play basketball for Boyd over the past decade because of the 5 players from the West Virginia Thunder and 1 from East Carter who replaced them and led Boyd to regional titles,

with the “wronged running back from Catlettsburg” who has to stand on the sidelines THIS season and watch a player from Coal Grove tote the football instead of him and lead Boyd to a district title,

with the “sad volleyball spiker from Rockdale” who got moved to the bench the last 2 years because a New Jersey superstar got moved in to give their volleyball program legitimacy thanks to the AD’s Marshall connection and lead Boyd to 2 regional titles,

with the “disadvantaged gal from Garner” who would have been the basketball point guard had the same girl not been enrolled and led Boyd to a regional title,

with the “2 midfielders from Meads” who had to stand idly by watching a shipped in Missouri star along with his little brother ultimately lead their boys soccer team to a regional title with their dad somehow standing as a coach on the sidelines,

with the “3 other Optimist League players on the pitch from Lockwood” who had to hang up their cleats due to Boyd trying out players from Latin America, Sweden, and Norway until they finally found one who could lead them to a regional title in boys soccer in 2018,

with “the girls soccer striker from Coalton” who didn’t get to play this season because of an Ohio girl they brought in to take her place on the pitch but failed to lead Boyd to a regional title,

and with “the pitcher from Princess” who won’t get to take the mound so often this upcoming season because they poached Russell’s best pitcher for their baseball team.  

To add insult to injury, the New Jersey girl’s family didn’t even choose to live in the state of Kentucky.  At least the Missouri soccer players chose the Russell school district.  Those “poor Boyd County school taxpayers” who are paying for that palatial school and athletic facility only to watch the administration bring in out-of-district, out-of-state, and even out-of-country player after player to take the place of the “true county kids” should vote someone off that school board.

What a joke.

For what it’s worth, 16th Region Baller, even though all in my above post is true, I feel I must tell you it is posted in jest as I do not really have a problem with what Boyd is doing by loading up ALL of their sports with transfers. To your concern, I just hope the Boyd County kids who have been replaced by the 20 transfers I mentioned above have found something productive to do with their lives.

To shine more light on the folly of this whole thing, do you know how the seasons ended for every one of those 20 transfers I listed above? The same way the seasons ended for every other 16th region player. They walked off the field a loser at the end.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregioner's post:
  • 16thregionballer
(11-05-2022, 07:05 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 12:25 AM)16thregionballer Wrote: You might want to listen to the audio Appy. Mays specifically says he has coach Lemaster handling recruitment of that one. That’s fact on the audio. Mays specifically was going to pass on senior to get the 8th grader to have him 4 years instead of 1. Mays was gonna trade him as well. Fact audio. As far as the other stuff. You seem confused and delusional when it comes to the facts. Have you even listened to the audio? You obviously not around the program or you would know this.

I believe the Appalachian Cat is referring to the “2 poor homegrown Boyd County boys from Summit” who might not get to play this season because the Lions are actively trying to get players from West Virginia and Ohio to take their place.

You can go ahead and lump those poor overlooked Boyd boys in with the “guard from Rush” that had to sit the bench in 2018 and watch a senior transfer from Proctorville, Ohio take his spot on the hardwood and lead Boyd to a regional title,

with the “6 poor girls from Cannonsburg” who never got to play basketball for Boyd over the past decade because of the 5 players from the West Virginia Thunder and 1 from East Carter who replaced them and led Boyd to regional titles,

with the “wronged running back from Catlettsburg” who has to stand on the sidelines THIS season and watch a player from Coal Grove tote the football instead of him and lead Boyd to a district title,

with the “sad volleyball spiker from Rockdale” who got moved to the bench the last 2 years because a New Jersey superstar got moved in to give their volleyball program legitimacy thanks to the AD’s Marshall connection and lead Boyd to 2 regional titles,

with the “disadvantaged gal from Garner” who would have been the basketball point guard had the same girl not been enrolled and led Boyd to a regional title,

with the “2 midfielders from Meads” who had to stand idly by watching a shipped in Missouri star along with his little brother ultimately lead their boys soccer team to a regional title with their dad somehow standing as a coach on the sidelines,

with the “3 other Optimist League players on the pitch from Lockwood” who had to hang up their cleats due to Boyd trying out players from Latin America, Sweden, and Norway until they finally found one who could lead them to a regional title in boys soccer in 2018,

with “the girls soccer striker from Coalton” who didn’t get to play this season because of an Ohio girl they brought in to take her place on the pitch but failed to lead Boyd to a regional title,

and with “the pitcher from Princess” who won’t get to take the mound so often this upcoming season because they poached Russell’s best pitcher for their baseball team.  

To add insult to injury, the New Jersey girl’s family didn’t even choose to live in the state of Kentucky.  At least the Missouri soccer players chose the Russell school district.  Those “poor Boyd County school taxpayers” who are paying for that palatial school and athletic facility only to watch the administration bring in out-of-district, out-of-state, and even out-of-country player after player to take the place of the “true county kids” should vote someone off that school board.

What a joke.

For what it’s worth, 16th Region Baller, even though all in my above post is true, I feel I must tell you it is posted in jest as I do not really have a problem with what Boyd is doing by loading up ALL of their sports with transfers.  To your concern, I just hope the Boyd County kids who have been replaced by the 20 transfers I mentioned above have found something productive to do with their lives.

To shine more light on the folly of this whole thing, do you know how the seasons ended for every one of those 20 transfers I listed above?  The same way the seasons ended for every other 16th region player.  They walked off the field a loser at the end.
If that is true. You said transfers! I don’t think anyone has problem with transfers. Every school gets them. The problem is with head coaches RECRUITMENT of players!  Transfers-doing it legal-totally legal. However this thread is Mays actively recruiting players to the program. Directly violates bylaw 16. I know. You have stated you have no problem with it. You have made it clear that governing rules are made to be broken. Mays recruitment of players that he openly admits on the audio witch he admits to more than one. Multiple players past and present. Besides being against the rules. It just morally wrong. He says it’s on the audio but he doesn’t care who he hurts. Just using kids and pushing others aside for the next big thing. That is what this is all about. As far as the BC stuff you mention. I have no clue. I do know this. If they are and there is proof. They need to get slammed by the khsaa just like anyone else. It this time or day. It is very easy to prove. Txt, emails, phone records and recordings. We live in a digital age. That is why Mays doesn’t and will not make a public comment. I’m sure it would be easy to prove things beyond just this audio.
(11-05-2022, 10:30 AM)16thregionballer Wrote: If that is true. You said transfers! I don’t think anyone has problem with transfers. Every school gets them. The problem is with head coaches RECRUITMENT of players!  Transfers-doing it legal-totally legal. However this thread is Mays actively recruiting players to the program. Directly violates bylaw 16. I know. You have stated you have no problem with it. You have made it clear that governing rules are made to be broken. Mays recruitment of players that he openly admits on the audio witch he admits to more than one. Multiple players past and present. Besides being against the rules. It just morally wrong. He says it’s on the audio but he doesn’t care who he hurts. Just using kids and pushing others aside for the next big thing. That is what this is all about. As far as the BC stuff you mention. I have no clue. I do know this. If they are and there is proof. They need to get slammed by the khsaa just like anyone else. It this time or day. It is very easy to prove. Txt, emails, phone records and recordings. We live in a digital age. That is why Mays doesn’t and will not make a public comment. I’m sure it would be easy to prove things beyond just this audio.

If you believe that Boyd County just happened to get transfers in EVERY sport who are the BEST players on each team, then I cannot formulate the phrase or words to describe your lack of critical thinking skills.

IF Boyd County has lucked into a ton of talented transfers across ALL sports showing up to lead their teams with nary a text, call, or meeting from any of their administration or coaches involved, then they are on an EPIC run of good fortune.

It's good the gambling track is being built near Boyd County High School.  I expect to see members of their administration and coaches there quite a bit.  With the kind of luck they're having, they won't be working as school administrators and coaches for long.
  • Appalachian Cat
(11-05-2022, 10:50 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 10:30 AM)16thregionballer Wrote: If that is true. You said transfers! I don’t think anyone has problem with transfers. Every school gets them. The problem is with head coaches RECRUITMENT of players!  Transfers-doing it legal-totally legal. However this thread is Mays actively recruiting players to the program. Directly violates bylaw 16. I know. You have stated you have no problem with it. You have made it clear that governing rules are made to be broken. Mays recruitment of players that he openly admits on the audio witch he admits to more than one. Multiple players past and present. Besides being against the rules. It just morally wrong. He says it’s on the audio but he doesn’t care who he hurts. Just using kids and pushing others aside for the next big thing. That is what this is all about. As far as the BC stuff you mention. I have no clue. I do know this. If they are and there is proof. They need to get slammed by the khsaa just like anyone else. It this time or day. It is very easy to prove. Txt, emails, phone records and recordings. We live in a digital age. That is why Mays doesn’t and will not make a public comment. I’m sure it would be easy to prove things beyond just this audio.

If you believe that Boyd County just happened to get transfers in EVERY sport who are the BEST players on each team, then I cannot formulate the phrase or words to describe your lack of critical thinking skills.

IF Boyd County has lucked into a ton of talented transfers across ALL sports showing up to lead their teams with nary a text, call, or meeting from any of their administration or coaches involved, then they are on an EPIC run of good fortune.

It's good the gambling track is being built near Boyd County High School.  I expect to see members of their administration and coaches there quite a bit.  With the kind of luck they're having, they won't be working as school administrators and coaches for long.
I believe I said everyone gets transfers. You seem to know so much about it. Why don’t you report the proof you have. But your critical thinking is well just go to another sport right. SMH.
(11-05-2022, 11:03 AM)16thregionballer Wrote: I believe I said everyone gets transfers. You seem to know so much about it. Why don’t you report the proof you have. But your critical thinking is well just go to another sport right. SMH.

I look forward to your notes from the next Tomcat parent meeting.  I’m sorry that brought me back to this debacle of a thread.
(11-05-2022, 11:53 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 11:03 AM)16thregionballer Wrote: I believe I said everyone gets transfers. You seem to know so much about it. Why don’t you report the proof you have. But your critical thinking is well just go to another sport right. SMH.

I look forward to your notes from the next Tomcat parent meeting.  I’m sorry that brought me back to this debacle of a thread.
I think you should attend so you can get it first hand as well. Instead of hearing it hear      And get a closer look of what actually is happening. Hope to see you there:)
(11-05-2022, 10:30 AM)16thregionballer Wrote:

What a joke.

For what it’s worth, 16th Region Baller, even though all in my above post is true, I feel I must tell you it is posted in jest as I do not really have a problem with what Boyd is doing by loading up ALL of their sports with transfers.  To your concern, I just hope the Boyd County kids who have been replaced by the 20 transfers I mentioned above have found something productive to do with their lives.

To shine more light on the folly of this whole thing, do you know how the seasons ended for every one of those 20 transfers I listed above?  The same way the seasons ended for every other 16th region player.  They walked off the field a loser at the end.
If that is true. You said transfers! I don’t think anyone has problem with transfers. Every school gets them. The problem is with head coaches RECRUITMENT of players!  Transfers-doing it legal-totally legal. However this thread is Mays actively recruiting players to the program. Directly violates bylaw 16. I know. You have stated you have no problem with it. You have made it clear that governing rules are made to be broken. Mays recruitment of players that he openly admits on the audio witch he admits to more than one. Multiple players past and present. Besides being against the rules. It just morally wrong. He says it’s on the audio but he doesn’t care who he hurts. Just using kids and pushing others aside for the next big thing. That is what this is all about. As far as the BC stuff you mention. I have no clue. I do know this. If they are and there is proof. They need to get slammed by the khsaa just like anyone else. It this time or day. It is very easy to prove. Txt, emails, phone records and recordings. We live in a digital age. That is why Mays doesn’t and will not make a public comment. I’m sure it would be easy to prove things beyond just this audio.
Once again, Baller, the parent who placed the call to Mays that his 8th grade son might be interested in coming to Ashland ((which dad could have legally done at the time of the call, without moving) was actively recruiting Ashland, not the other way around. Mays told him in the call that he didn’t handle transfers, that he would need to go through the principal and the athletic director. You act like Mays is a big recruiter. The first year he was at Ashland his team won the region and one game at the state tournament with the team he inherited when he took the job. Since the 5 years he has been at Ashland there have been a grand total of 5 transfers on his teams, averaging 1 per season. That is minuscule for any school in an area where so many schools are packed into a small geographical area. Every transfer had a personal reason that they came and none of them involved recruiting. If he is such an over-the-top recruiter, as you have convinced yourself he is, then he is sure darn bad at it. 
And another thing I want to mention. In the diatribe you went on about the parent meeting, you said, “Mays has destroyed the culture at Ashland just like he has every where he’s been.” That’s a totally false and hatred filled statement on your part. For one thing, where else has he been? Ashland is his first ever high school coaching job. He has spent his entire career as an assistant to Happy Osborne at Georgetown, an assistant at Valtosta State in Georgia, and and assistant and interim head coach at Kentucky Wesleyan. 
You think if you can throw out enough false and slanted, and biased statements about Mays on here that you will paint an awful image of him as a person just because you don’t like him. But I have a feeling that the people in that area and region know he is a genuinely good person through and through. He loves his family, his team, the community, and his faith. That’s not saying he doesn’t have faults. We all do. And he is being penalized for the phone call conversation. He has to sit out four games to begin the season. It’s not like no action has been taken. He has apologized and is trying to move on. But people like you want him fired from his job for this parent’s phone call. About anyone would think that would be overkill. The school has followed all the procedures, reported to the KHSAA, and have handed down their penalties, and moving on. The season is almost here. It’s time for basketball.
(11-05-2022, 12:41 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:

What a joke.

Once again, Baller, the parent who placed the call to Mays that his 8th grade son might be interested in coming to Ashland ((which dad could have legally done at the time of the call, without moving) was actively recruiting Ashland, not the other way around. Mays told him in the call that he didn’t handle transfers, that he would need to go through the principal and the athletic director. You act like Mays is a big recruiter. The first year he was at Ashland his team won the region and one game at the state tournament with the team he inherited when he took the job. Since the 5 years he has been at Ashland there have been a grand total of 5 transfers on his teams, averaging 1 per season. That is minuscule for any school in an area where so many schools are packed into a small geographical area. Every transfer had a personal reason that they came and none of them involved recruiting. If he is such an over-the-top recruiter, as you have convinced yourself he is, then he is sure darn bad at it. 
And another thing I want to mention. In the diatribe you went on about the parent meeting, you said, “Mays has destroyed the culture at Ashland just like he has every where he’s been.” That’s a totally false and hatred filled statement on your part. For one thing, where else has he been? Ashland is his first ever high school coaching job. He has spent his entire career as an assistant to Happy Osborne at Georgetown, an assistant at Valtosta State in Georgia, and and assistant and interim head coach at Kentucky Wesleyan. 
You think if you can throw out enough false and slanted, and biased statements about Mays on here that you will paint an awful image of him as a person just because you don’t like him. But I have a feeling that the people in that area and region know he is a genuinely good person through and through. He loves his family, his team, the community, and his faith. That’s not saying he doesn’t have faults. We all do. And he is being penalized for the phone call conversation. He has to sit out four games to begin the season. It’s not like no action has been taken. He has apologized and is trying to move on. But people like you want him fired from his job for this parent’s phone call. About anyone would think that would be overkill. The school has followed all the procedures, reported to the KHSAA, and have handed down their penalties, and moving on. The season is almost here. It’s time for basketball.
Look you have never listened to the audio. You look ridiculous with your absolutely fictitious statements. All the administration report was an inoperative contact. They didn’t even submit the audio to the khsaa. He shouldn’t coach high school IMO. Khsaa will make a decision. His job is a teacher. Basketball coaches are stipends let’s get that straight. I will not address you again due to fact that you haven’t listened to the audio. You just look silly and no one can take you serious.
(11-05-2022, 10:50 AM)16thregioner Wrote:

As with most schools im sure, most is not from coaches or administration. But from parents. Parents are the best "recruiters" there are. They do a lot of behind the scenes communication, then the coaches get the blame when it actually happens.  

UNLESS you get recorded doing it as a coach, on a phone call. You are guilty i'm afraid  Smile
(11-05-2022, 01:49 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:

What a joke.

Look you have never listened to the audio. You look ridiculous with your absolutely fictitious statements. All the administration report was an inoperative contact. They didn’t even submit the audio to the khsaa. He shouldn’t coach high school IMO. Khsaa will make a decision. His job is a teacher. Basketball coaches are stipends let’s get that straight. I will not address you again due to fact that you haven’t listened to the audio. You just look silly and no one can take you serious.
My goodness, talk about the pot calling the kettle black, lol. Jeez….no one can take you serious, for sure! You completely made up statements supposedly said at a meeting that weren’t said. And then accused Mays of destroying the culture of every place he’s been, when this is his first high school coaching job. Those two facts alone make you look like a buffoon and someone with a personal narrative and bias. You’re  going to push it regardless of the facts. Yes, Mays was wrong with the phone conversation and has apologized. He’s been suspended for 4 games. But that’s not good enough for you. You want him fired. It’s a personal vendetta with you. 
I said in an earlier post that I was done with this thread but after I read your outright lies in one of your posts I had to respond. But this time I am totally done. I’m too old for this, to debate someone that’s probably still living at home with their parents. I’m not clicking on this particular thread anymore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Appalachian Cat
(11-05-2022, 08:29 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 01:49 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 07:05 AM)16thregioner Wrote: You are apparently misunderstanding.  

What a joke.

My goodness, talk about the pot calling the kettle black, lol. Jeez….no one can take you serious, for sure! You completely made up statements supposedly said at a meeting that weren’t said. And then accused Mays of destroying the culture of every place he’s been, when this is his first high school coaching job. Those two facts alone make you look like a buffoon and someone with a personal narrative and bias. You’re  going to push it regardless of the facts. Yes, Mays was wrong with the phone conversation and has apologized. He’s been suspended for 4 games. But that’s not good enough for you. You want him fired. It’s a personal vendetta with you. 
I said in an earlier post that I was done with this thread but after I read your outright lies in one of your posts I had to respond. But this time I am totally done. I’m too old for this, to debate someone that’s probably still living at home with their parents. I’m not clicking on this particular thread anymore.
You shouldn’t because you have no clue. Seriously and I mean no disrespect at all. He had trouble in college. Entire team walked out on him. Just use fact check it. If you had a kid that played at ashland. You’d take it personal but you don’t. So you have the luxury of letting a coach blatantly cheat and break the rules. 4 games imposed by a corrupt administration who also help facilitate him recruiting. No I’m not good with it. I’m not good with it if anyone is doing it. Coaches sign and take the rules every year. Attend clinics. Recruiting is gone over and over. They know not
to do it.  A total disregard of the bylaws calls for his coaching stipend. Again stop. You just sound like an idiot when you defend it
16th Region Baller, you have a morsel of hope, although "taking the first steps in the decision making process" doesn't suggest urgency, particularly since 143 days have already passed since the recording was released:

https://twitter.com/SportstalkR/status/1...vk55MsAAAA
  • 16thregionballer
(11-11-2022, 09:38 AM)16thregioner Wrote: 16th Region Baller, you have a morsel of hope, although "taking the first steps in the decision making process" doesn't suggest urgency, particularly since 143 days have already passed since the recording was released:

https://twitter.com/SportstalkR/status/1...vk55MsAAAA
It’s never to late to do the right thing 16th regioner.
It always takes time with the KHSAA, they have a thousand transfers across the state, but about 10-15 employees in an office
I have been watching this post for a long while and I sware it just needs to go away.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vols0528's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(11-11-2022, 07:11 PM)Vols0528 Wrote: I have been watching this post for a long while and I sware it just needs to go away.

You sware huh? Probably not happening

I know I show I am a new member, but I had to create a new account. Couldn't remember the old email. Anyway, what will be will be. I am not a 16th region guy, but this thread is as old as the hills.
(11-11-2022, 07:55 PM)Vols0528 Wrote: I know I show I am a new member, but I had to create a new account.  Couldn't remember the old email.  Anyway, what will be will be.  I am not a 16th region guy, but this thread is as old as the hills.
This would have went away months ago if the Administration and coach would have handled it properly. Instead of acting like a 4 game suspension was sufficient. Everyone  would have moved on. Instead he has dragged Ashland’s reputation through the mud. 30k views. All eyes on this situation and outcome.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregionballer's post:
  • Fanman
(11-11-2022, 09:03 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 07:55 PM)Vols0528 Wrote: I know I show I am a new member, but I had to create a new account.  Couldn't remember the old email.  Anyway, what will be will be.  I am not a 16th region guy, but this thread is as old as the hills.
This would have went away months ago if the Administration and coach would have handled it properly. Instead of acting like a 4 game suspension was sufficient. Everyone  would have moved on. Instead he has dragged Ashland’s reputation through the mud. 30k views. All eyes on this situation and outcome.

Spot on.
The thread is old as the hills because it won’t go away until the season starts. At that point, we will know the fate of Jason Mays and the Ashland boys basketball program. Good thing is the season starts in a couple of weeks.
(11-12-2022, 12:04 AM)16thregioner Wrote: The thread is old as the hills because it won’t go away until the season starts.  At that point, we will know the fate of Jason Mays and the Ashland boys basketball program.  Good thing is the season starts in a couple of weeks.

Season starts for Ashland, yes, but will it end the way it started?  Nope.
(11-12-2022, 12:04 AM)16thregioner Wrote: The thread is old as the hills because it won’t go away until the season starts.  At that point, we will know the fate of Jason Mays and the Ashland boys basketball program.  Good thing is the season starts in a couple of weeks.

(11-12-2022, 01:28 AM)SocratesKy Wrote:

Season starts for Ashland, yes, but will it end the way it started?  Nope.
Hearing rumblings that Khsaa is making a decision prior to seasons first game. Giving Ashland a chance to make it right. I got a feeling Campbell will double down. He’s our man comment in the paper. ? ?.
Any predictions how Ashland will do this season, without Jason Mays?
(11-14-2022, 11:21 AM)Fanman Wrote: Any predictions how Ashland will do this season, without Jason Mays?

Have any announcements been made?
(11-14-2022, 11:43 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 11:21 AM)Fanman Wrote: Any predictions how Ashland will do this season, without Jason Mays?

Have any announcements been made?
Not yet
  •  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next