Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democrats turn 'Where are the jobs?' chant on GOP
I don't know enough about politics and economics to have much of an opinion. I just hope things get better by whatever means.
I have read where they want to completely do away with the Head Start program. I don't know if this this be bad or not though. I don't know a lot about what head start actually does as far as education.
nky Wrote:55,000 teachers across 50 states is about 1100 per state. 174 Kentucky School Districts in the state so each district would lose about 6 teachers. Would this "break" the education system? I don't think so.
In the district I live in (Kenton Co.) there are 20 schools. So 6 teachers out of 20 schools the effects would not be felt. If this can help the government Lets do it.

Your right anything for the government. You give your complete salary to them and let one of the teachers keep there job.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Republicans deserve credit for restoring hope and optimism. If they don't make some real changes in Washington, then the gloom that Obama brought to our economy will return with a vengeance.

That's funny! Republicans haven't done anything. They won't even go after Medicaid, Medicare, and SS after complaining about them for decades. Instead, they say to Obama: "No, you go first." Get ready, the Tea Partiers are going to be let down just like the social conservatives were during the W era. It reminds me of a quote from Liar Liar: "so what I am going to do is **** and moan like an impotent jerk, and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe!"
BillyB Wrote:That's funny! Republicans haven't done anything. They won't even go after Medicaid, Medicare, and SS after complaining about them for decades. Instead, they say to Obama: "No, you go first." Get ready, the Tea Partiers are going to be let down just like the social conservatives were during the W era. It reminds me of a quote from Liar Liar: "so what I am going to do is **** and moan like an impotent jerk, and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe!"
What is funny is that Democrats did not even have the guts to pass a 2011 budget, despite controlling both houses of Congress and the White House. Apparently, Democrats believed that if they did not pass a budget, then they would not have to defend it during the 2010 campaign.

How did that strategy work out for the Democrats? :lmao:

However, you are right about the Tea Partiers being disappointed. Until fiscal conservatives manage to take a majority of the House and Senate seats, not nearly enough progress will be made to restore sanity to Washington.
If anybody wonders where Democrats stand on fiscal responsibility and democracy, they only need to look at Obama's reaction to what is going on in Wisconsin. Their response to losing their majority in Wisconsin was to flee the state to avoid losing the vote on budget cuts. Cowards, one and all.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Your right anything for the government. You give your complete salary to them and let one of the teachers keep there job.

Well, If I gave up my job, then I could not be taxed, thus you could not use my taxed salary for teachers compensation! Since it's the democrats that impose the taxes, then it's the democratic mentality that is wasting all the money that I have already given to pay teachers salaries. Don't take my salary, I am what keeps government afloat. Go to your democratic constituates and fix their spending issues that will allow them to use the money that they tax me for more appropriately!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If anybody wonders where Democrats stand on fiscal responsibility and democracy, they only need to look at Obama's reaction to what is going on in Wisconsin. Their response to losing their majority in Wisconsin was to flee the state to avoid losing the vote on budget cuts. Cowards, one and all.

I would have put money on the situation in Wisconsin being Obama's fault. It just never ends. :blabbermo
BillyB Wrote:I would have put money on the situation in Wisconsin being Obama's fault. It just never ends. :blabbermo
Obama supports the Wisconsin Democrats' undemocratic action but unless they are mindless robots, he does not bear primary responsibility.

Do you support the Wisconsin Democrats' refusal to obey the law by fleeing the state?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Obama supports the Wisconsin Democrats' undemocratic action but unless they are mindless robots, he does not bear primary responsibility.

Do you support the Wisconsin Democrats' refusal to obey the law by fleeing the state?

Let the Wisconsin legislature pass the bill. Personally, if Wisconsin is going to eliminate collective bargaining it should do it for all state and municipal employees and not just for ones that are traditionally Democratic voters.
BillyB Wrote:Let the Wisconsin legislature pass the bill. Personally, if Wisconsin is going to eliminate collective bargaining it should do it for all state and municipal employees and not just for ones that are traditionally Democratic voters.
I agree. Elected politicians are not capable of negotiating with public sector unions in a responsible manner. There needs to be a balance of what each side has to gain or lose in any contract negotiation and politicians seeking public sector union support have little to gain by saying no to unreasonable demands by a major voting bloc.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I agree. Elected politicians are not capable of negotiating with public sector unions in a responsible manner. There needs to be a balance of what each side has to gain or lose in any contract negotiation and politicians seeking public sector union support have little to gain by saying no to unreasonable demands by a major voting bloc.

True, but that's not what its about. The unions have already agreed to the financial concessions sought by the governor but that's not what he wants. He wants to bust the Democratic unions. If were about negotiations, it would be over now, and the governor would have won.
BillyB Wrote:True, but that's not what its about. The unions have already agreed to the financial concessions sought by the governor but that's not what he wants. He wants to bust the Democratic unions. If were about negotiations, it would be over now, and the governor would have won.
Public sector unions should be illegal. Politicians from coast to coast have proven that they are incapable of standing their ground on behalf of taxpayers in negotiations with the unions. Which large public sector unions broadly support Republicans the way that the NEA supports the Democratic Party?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Public sector unions should be illegal. Politicians from coast to coast have proven that they are incapable of standing their ground on behalf of taxpayers in negotiations with the unions. Which large public sector unions broadly support Republicans the way that the NEA supports the Democratic Party?

They don't support Republicans because Republicans try to bust the unions.
TheRealVille Wrote:[/B]
They don't support Republicans because Republicans try to bust the unions.
And I don't support Democrats because they and the public sector unions who support them are looting taxpayers with absolute disregard for future generations of Americans.
^ Yep. Union support for Democrats is a recycled process. Union dues go to contribute for Democrat campaigns, and then Democrats turn around and give Tax payer money to the Unions.
KentuckyAvenger Wrote:^ Yep. Union support for Democrats is a recycled process. Union dues go to contribute for Democrat campaigns, and then Democrats turn around and give Tax payer money to the Unions.
Exactly. The public unions and Democratic Party are systematically looting taxpayers at every level of government. To call it legalized bribery would be an understatement of the problem. The process is the product of a marriage between bribery and embezzlement.