Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region Top young guys (sophmores or younger)
Justin Tackett from Shelby Valley
Daniel Harmon!!!-Pikeville!
"Cowhunter30" Wrote:Justin Tackett from Shelby Valley

Agreed
1. Scott Litttle(ACHS) (SO)
2. J.D. Vanhoose (Paintsville) (SO)
3. Shane Grimm (Paintsville) (SO)
4. Josh Prater (ACHS) (FR)
big deal....so colby hayes got to start at South Floyd since he was in seventh grade...what has south floyd ever done.... they one what 3 games last year....please!!!!!!!!
Starting on the varsity level and beating out guys 6 years older than him is an accomplishment even if the team wasn't that strong.
Daniel Harmon and Colby Hayes
Colby is a good player but wont stand out at Pikeville. hope he gets to start jv
Scott Little(SO) Alex Hammonds(SO) Josh Prater(FR)
Paintsville is loaded with this talent:
J.D. Vanhoose soph
Shane Grimm soph
Travis Ison soph
Corey Adams fresh

JCHS has
Chase Richardson fresh
Mike Conley Fresh
Taylor Smith 8th

allen Central has
Scottie Little soph
Alex Hammonds fresh or soph

Pikeville has a good one
Danial Harmon

Prestonsburg has
Josh Rodebaugh soph

Betsy Layne has
Brennon Case fresh or soph

Belfry has
some good young talent not sure of names

Shelby valley has
this team surely has some good young talent they have always been very competetive in this age group.

don't want to leave anyone out so SCHS may have someone noteable

Magoffin definately does not

This region should be very competetive for a stste title within the next few years
Good luck to all the teams------------but GO TIGERS!!!!!!!
I have watched Brennan Case play baseball from training league on up. He is a great one. I think he is a soph. this year.
In a couple years you should watch out for Taylor Smith. He is an 8th Grader at JCHS. This kid is going to be a great catcher. You wont see him much behind the plate this year because of Shane Sturgill but His freshman year you will get to seee him alot. And man can he hit the Ball.
noted
hayes from sf is a good 2nd baseman
what bout brandon marshal. a fresh that will be staring at 2nd and ryan hall who will be in the outfield. an i was starting behind the plate as a 7th grader in district tourny and had the 2nd of the 3 hits that game facinf JC and i ended my 8th grade year with the 3rd best battin avg. and a top 3 on base %yes i no it isnt much but we have come along way with the 1st winning season in 10 years and we are still goin strong just give us a chance every one comes down hard on magoffin you dont even come down on SF as hard as you do us and we killed them!!!!:yesno:
[QUOTE="Those are stats....you need to find someone connected with the Pikeville baseball program and look them up before you start talking about what you don't know on here.[/QUOTE"]

i dont know whats goin on between u 2, and i am not gettin involved but i do agree that ppl need to get some inside knowledge before making judgementas bout a team or player!!!!!!!!!
"shelf" Wrote:Paintsville is loaded with this talent:
J.D. Vanhoose soph
Shane Grimm soph
Travis Ison soph
Corey Adams fresh

JCHS has
Chase Richardson fresh
Mike Conley Fresh
Taylor Smith 8th

allen Central has
Scottie Little soph
Alex Hammonds fresh or soph

Prestonsburg has
Josh Rodebaugh soph

This region should be very competetive for a stste title within the next few years
Good luck to all the teams------------but GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

I have seen these kids play and I hadn't seen the others that is why I took them off. Of all of these kids Taylor Smith will be the best of all of them. I say that because it is often hard to tell about young pitchers and the rest of these kids are pitchers. This Smith kid, is a very strong young man who can kill the ball. He has a good cathers type arm with some quick feet. He lacks fundamentals and has trouble with curve balls. BUT HE IS IN 8TH GRADE. Watch this kid play JV. He will start when Sturgill graduates and IMO could start now....
I agree that smith is a good young player with good potential....but disagree that he starts over a SR. and definately disagree that he is the best of this group.... IMO these kids mature at different rates and Smith has already got his growth and strength....some of the others are yet to mature.... this argument cannot be settled for another couple of years..... I have seen and coached all of these kids in the past except for smith and Hammonds.... IMO great group of young talent in the area and I'm sure that I have left a few deserving players off the list simply because I am unaware of their abilities.
I would put Dillon Stiltner from Phelps up against any young player in the region.
Scotty Little from AC!
Dillon Stiltner is deffinately one of the best young players in the region. he batted over .400 as an 8th grader and pitched 6 innings of shutout baseball in the district tournament
I didn't say that smith was the best I said out of those guys I had listed he will become the best.. But that is my opinion. Are you saying Smith isn't good enough to start over Sturgill or that Smith isn't good enough to start over a Senior. We both know that it wont happen, but I think the kid could start a few games especially if Sturgill goes cold.
Wgat bout D. Harless from Sheldon Clark? I think he is pretty good myself.
to clairify MY OPINION, I don't think that smith should start In that position over a senior with 3 years experience at that spot. but I agree that he will be a good catcher, and should start next year.  Does he Play any other position ??
Brennan Case
Colby Hayes
Scotty Little
Bobby Hughes
These are probably the best from the 58th district
Daniel Harless from Sheldon Clark is a Junior....But Steven Goble on the other hand is a Sophomore!
my bad i thought harless was a sophomore this year
[quote author=gobles_girl40 link=topic=18462.msg205435#msg205435 date=1141683282]
Daniel Harless from Sheldon Clark is a Junior....But Steven Goble on the other hand is a Sophomore!
[/quote]

Hey partner, how do you know Steven Goble is a sophomore? are you guys dating or something??  :lol:
HAHA now what makes you think that?!? :lol: your crazy partner...Steven Goble is dominant:bow:...lol....
[quote author=gobles_girl40 link=topic=18462.msg205748#msg205748 date=1141694819]
HAHA now what makes you think that?!? :lol: your crazy partner...Steven Goble is dominant:bow:...lol....
[/quote]
So your his girlfriend? maybe? lol  :lmao: