Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland rams 2011
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Ignore Russellpride. He's a tool, dont take him serious. Hes been making off the wall untrue predictions and statements every year.

As far as predictions I look for about the same as last year. Now next year will be a different story!

I think your right on the money RF04. But this schedule is a little tougher then last. Added Lawrence Co and Pikeville. Plus Russell should be a much improved team..
I retract my previous statement.. Going to be the most down year racelands had in a long time.. Very young group this year. Going to be great for them to get experience though.
I think win and loss predictions should not be made until at least after they play lewis in the EKC grid Friday night. They haven't looked that bad, but then again they've only been playing and practicing against each other.
Funny how some high school coaches change their name and school names when posting,. I find that very funny. I think everyone should use their legal name when posting, it would make some comments simply disappear!
Looked better than I thought they would last night. Conner Messer is the best freshman I have ever seen at raceland. Elkins looked very poised and made good decisions. However the defense was subpar. Lots of arm tackling! This team should make a strong run in the playoffs in a couple years. Majority of the players at the skill position are sophomores.
Ram-Fan Wrote:Funny how some high school coaches change their name and school names when posting,. I find that very funny. I think everyone should use their legal name when posting, it would make some comments simply disappear!

Not using my name. But by the numbers I use everyone that knows RAM football knows who I am. My youngest son did change his number to 7 this year. I'll always say what I feel. Truly don't mean to step on anyones toes. Sometimes people take me the wrong way because of it. I could argue or fight with someone one minute and party or work with them the next. Just me. Forgive and forget!!
RAMBAIT Wrote:I think win and loss predictions should not be made until at least after they play lewis in the EKC grid Friday night. They haven't looked that bad, but then again they've only been playing and practicing against each other.

Well the RAMS won. But we didn't look all that good imo. Lots of mistakes. We did have a few starters out. Star running back and receiver. I assume they will go on defense also. Sure they will be ready for next week . And will play the opener. A bright spot was Messer. Sees the field really well. The line play needs some work on offense and defense. But it looks like we have the kids that work hard and want to improve. Corners/d-backs got beat a few times. Could have been trouble. But that I'm sure will be delt with when the two kids return next week. Thought the backs run hard. And the QB settled down after a couple sets. He needed this game. After all it is his first game as a high school starting QB. Helped him lots I'm sure. All in all not bad. We could have won by a larger margin.
Seems like the past 3-4 years the corners and dbacks have been a little week for the Rams. There has been a player or two that could play in the secondary in the past but from what I have seen and have been told that is and have been the weak spot with this team.
CoachfromtheStands Wrote:Seems like the past 3-4 years the corners and dbacks have been a little week for the Rams. There has been a player or two that could play in the secondary in the past but from what I have seen and have been told that is and have been the weak spot with this team.

I think we'll be ok this year. We will have the two defensive backs back this week I think. Just have to stay healthy...
6-4, you will even have trouble with fairview, you all have to run the ball this year to be successful, airing it out sells tickets but running the ball gets you deep into the playoffs, just an opinion
Finally to hear the truth from Ram is hard to believe, I think alot of teams are down around here and each one will be looking to find their idenity early on this season, the Rams lost a lot of skilled players, especially at qb.
For sure one of the toughest 1A schedules in the state!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
The loss at QB was a large hit to the rams arsenal. But I'm telling you right now, Elkins sees the field better. Have to remember he is only a sophomore. The kid can play! He just needs some experience under his belt. He didn't make a damaging play at all friday night. We have a tougher schedule than previous years. After the first game it's 5 straight on the road for us. Including rivals Ashland and greenup with pikeville in the mix who is a great 1A team. Like I said before I see this season as an experience gainer for us. Neither Marcus reed or devin Thomas played this pass Friday. Ram fans thus might be a tough season for our young rams. But believe me when I say this team will go VERY DEEP in the playoffs one or two years from now! Conner Messer may make the all area team as a freshmen! These boys are only going to get better with every game!
Also to add to the weak secondary comment. Raceland has never been strong in all categories that's hard to do with a school who graduates maybe 65 people a year. There's always one weak link whether it's a small line or or weak secondary. But you have to remember alot of opinions are based off of state talent and not single A talent. We will never be highlands or any of the big teams there's not enough students to do so. But we do well for what we have. And the coaches tend to really play to our strengths, rather than to expose our weaknesses!