Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rockcastle Co.
95.24%
Whitley Co.
4.76%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co. @ Rockcastle Co. 9/2
Rock puts at least another 45 on the board this week
Rock has to stay focused. any team can be beat on any giving night.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Rock has to stay focused. any team can be beat on any giving night.

So can Berea beat Rock on any given night this year
former Wrote:So can Berea beat Rock on any given night this year

yes. very small chance. its a game anything can happen.
Rockcastle wins this one easily.
rock gets the win over whitley co! 3 to 4 tds!
former Wrote:So can Berea beat Rock on any given night this year

Can Appy State beat Michigan? Can the US Men's Hockey Team beat the Soviet Union? Can the 18-0 Patriots be beaten in the Super Bowl by the Giants.......
LWC Wrote:Can Appy State beat Michigan? Can the US Men's Hockey Team beat the Soviet Union? Can the 18-0 Patriots be beaten in the Super Bowl by the Giants.......

Right on. thats what i was saying
way different, that is men, we are talking about boys
So you honestly believe that the best team wins EVERY GAME THEY PLAY? That upsets never happen?
when soem are so overmatched like Berea and rock, no it wont happen. In college everyone is good IMO.
Two teams who like smash mouth football, will be closer than this thread sounds but i give the edge to the rockets.:yikes:
former Wrote:when soem are so overmatched like Berea and rock, no it wont happen. In college everyone is good IMO.

do you even watch sports. you cant predect whats going to happen. the game starts out 0-0. alot of unimaginable things can happen from the start to finish. turnovers can kill any team. you never know what kind of sickness or injury's can happen to your team on gamedays. Pluse weather can play a big role in games "Its going to be nice friday". these guys are young. and young guys make mistakes. Thats why they have to be focused and play every team as if they are a state title team.
I can predict Rock would destroy Berea
former Wrote:when soem are so overmatched like Berea and rock, no it wont happen. In college everyone is good IMO.

Western KY U:....Good?:dontthink....not in the last few years.

In High School, everone is young and susceptible to making mistakes. Another thing, like horse racing, football has the great equalizer (Weather). Nothing like a good down pour or extreme weather to make talent and speed less of a factor, and proper technique and form an even more important factor.

Yes, Berea could in fact beat Rock even though the odds are against it. That's the motivating factor for teams to lace 'em up and play the game.

As far as Whitley - Rock goes, the game could answer several questions:
Is Rock as good as their first two games might suggest?
Is Whitley really as down as everyone's thinking after their loss last week?
Or perhaps, should the discussion regarding 4A District 6 start to include Russell Co along with Rock and KC?

I for one am glad we play the games to determine the outcomes rather than just decide on paper who is better.
^You can predict it, but you cannot guarantee it just by showing up. A team has to play hard. Grant it, some teams are just devastatingly bad. However, there is at least a 1% chance that any team can be beaten.
Damien is looking great and we all know it, the seconday is looking ok but the box is GREAT, had 124 yards allowed VS. Frankfort, -1 rushing and 125 passing and most of those rushing yards were regained in the 4th quarter against freshman.
I don't think that this one is going to be too pretty. I think that the Rock is better than Russell Co, especially their defense, so this may be another goose egg for Whitley.

Rockcastle Co. - 38

Whitley Co. - 0
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
When was the last time we lost the Renfro Bowl game? Have we ever lost it?
leecoukfan Wrote:I don't think that this one is going to be too pretty. I think that the Rock is better than Russell Co, especially their defense, so this may be another goose egg for Whitley.

I won't disagree with you...........yet,
but I also know that Whitley should have scored and did more right than wrong. Look at the stats that were posted in the RC vs Whitley thread, Whitley dominated every stat except for score.

The odds are in favor of Rock winning big, but there is a better than "slim" chance that this game will be much closer than everyone is expecting. Rock could easily be overlooking WC, and WC has something to prove:redboxer: (or at least try to prove).
^I agree with laker20. Rock could be better than Russell County and the score could be closer.

I had some BGR posters laugh at me when I said the district could finish in a 3-way tie for first or a Rock-Russell-Knox-Clay finish. I don't think anyone will be laughing after seeing what the Lakers do in their first 3 games.
LWC Wrote:^I agree with laker20. Rock could be better than Russell County and the score could be closer.

I had some BGR posters laugh at me when I said the district could finish in a 3-way tie for first or a Rock-Russell-Knox-Clay finish. I don't think anyone will be laughing after seeing what the Lakers do in their first 3 games.

I've been thinking the same thing since I saw the re-alignment. In fact, I had been thinking about asking how the tie breaker would work, but thought it a bit premature.

The Lakers D was my initial question, and I have to give them a B+ this far, and I'm not sure if Rock's is better or not. The Laker offense is capable of scoring with anyone or on anyone.

That's why I think this will be a closer game. Whitley will fix some of the mistakes they have had, and the Rock players will most likely be a bit over-confident. I'm hoping for a good, closely played game.
former Wrote:I can predict Rock would destroy Berea

I would predict that this year. I currently have a cousin on the Berea team that is very good though. Even with him on it, yes, Rockcastle would probably win handily.
In 1984 Rock should have beaten Berea as well, better team, bigger kids. Rock had a HUGE line. Rock had thrashed Berea the season before at Berea with a heck of a fullback carrying the ball. Berea went 2-9 during the 1984 season. One of those wins was in overtime at Rockcastle. In 1985 Berea won 32-0 if my memory is correct over Rockcastle at Berea. That was Tom Larkey's first year coaching at Rockcastle. The rest is history about Rockcastle Football during Tom's era of coaching.
Everyone gets on here spouting about the 1990's and 2000's at Rock. I played for Berea in 1984 and 1985. I have very close ties with Rockcastle now that I have kids playing there.
Anything is possible, and yes, there is a possibility that Berea could upset Rock today if they played. Not likely, just possible.
:concentratetongue:
I having been saying all off season that the rest of the district was overlooking RC.
^Which RC? Remember, there are two RCHS's in the same district, lol.

I actually have 2 or 3 shirts that are red and say RCHS, none of them say Russell or Rockcastle, so I have yet to get dirty looks in Russell Springs, Jamestown, Creelsboro, Eli, etc.... My parishioners (church-people) keep asking who I am going to cheer for. I told them I will wear a red RCHS shirt to the game Big Grin I win either way Wink
Russell Co. Gotta love the convenience!
Game Day
I hope they have great game GO ROCK
laker20 Wrote:I've been thinking the same thing since I saw the re-alignment. In fact, I had been thinking about asking how the tie breaker would work, but thought it a bit premature.

It is based on your non-district opponents total wins.

ie: If Whitley County won 7 games this year, Russell County would get 7 points. You can only count the teams wins you beat. So the more non-district opponents you beat the more potential points you could get.
former Wrote:When was the last time we lost the Renfro Bowl game? Have we ever lost it?

Rock is 19-1, only loss to Southwestern Pulaski in 1994.