Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St X 31 Lou Central 30 in OT
sstack Wrote:Highlands dominated the western side of 5A last year. They are just as good if not better this year, are you saying BG and JH improved that much from last year that now they are going to beat HHS?

Comparing one year to another usually means very little, but when looking at comparative improvement, it can give a little gauge to go by.

Last year, Christian County defeated Bowling Green 14 - 10, and John Hardin 45 - 20. Highlands took Christian to the woodshed 50 - 0. The Birds are arguably better this year...Have BG and/or JH improved to the degree that it would be CONCEIVABLE that they could have unseated Highlands as 5A champs had the Birds not been dropped down to 4A?
I would love to see a Central/Highlands matchup.
Central is looking tough. Congrats to them.
BeReal Wrote:I would love to see a Central/Highlands matchup.

I believe that could be a good one, they match up pretty well. They played in 2007 (H 21-C 13) and 2008 (H 28-C 0). Both teams were state champs those years.
I caught the highlights of this game this morning, and it looked like one heck of a game. Could have played 4 more quarters and the score would have still been within a point or two. Central will be a force to reckon with come playoffs.

Congrats to both teams for leaving it all out there.