Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best option for UK at QB??
Well....
all I can say is Newton IS a big problem.
However, he is one of many problems.
I don't think a QB change will make a difference this season.
Might as well just get ready for next year and try to skank a cpl more wins out.
Tica Wrote:UK just flat ignored two capable WKy. qb's. Corey Robinson of Lone Oak, who is setting all sorts of passing records @ Troy. They also ignored a lesser - but still potent arm - Casey Brockman of Calloway Co., now at Murray State. Robinson threw for 357 yards against Arkansas w/1 pick. He is 114 for 192 @ 1328 yds. this year.

Your post essentially sums up why I have given up my UK season tickets in the past couple years. If a Kentucky high school kid is an inch too short, a half-step too slow or considered a "project," the Cats won't even consider recruiting/signing him. However, they're more than willing to drive 5-8 hours south and compete with Conference USA for the deep South's D-1 leftovers.

The Robinson kid from Lone Oak would be starting at UK today if he were there, and I'll also venture to guess that Somerset's John Cole would catch the balls that were thrown to (or even near) him. Maybe Kentucky's "lesser" kids need to grow dred-locks to get recruited.

It's sickening. And I'm enjoying the entire spectacle. The Cats are god-awful.
Best option for UK QB - Don't have one Sad
Gitback Coach Wrote:Your post essentially sums up why I have given up my UK season tickets in the past couple years. If a Kentucky high school kid is an inch too short, a half-step too slow or considered a "project," the Cats won't even consider recruiting/signing him. However, they're more than willing to drive 5-8 hours south and compete with Conference USA for the deep South's D-1 leftovers.

The Robinson kid from Lone Oak would be starting at UK today if he were there, and I'll also venture to guess that Somerset's John Cole would catch the balls that were thrown to (or even near) him. Maybe Kentucky's "lesser" kids need to grow dred-locks to get recruited.

Great post, and very true..
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Best option right now? Go pick someone out of the stands and throw a jersey on 'em.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Best option right now? Go pick someone out of the stands and throw a jersey on 'em.

Well, this would work too:Clap:
Gitback Coach Wrote:Your post essentially sums up why I have given up my UK season tickets in the past couple years. If a Kentucky high school kid is an inch too short, a half-step too slow or considered a "project," the Cats won't even consider recruiting/signing him. However, they're more than willing to drive 5-8 hours south and compete with Conference USA for the deep South's D-1 leftovers.

its same way here in Arkansas,they said no matter how good you are if you dont play in a certain class(i think its 4a and above,and certain weight and height)forget it.......still like my Cats no matter what but wish they was better,cant wait for basketball..
Things are so bad up there in Lexington its mind boggling! We know Newton is really bad and Maxwell Smith is worse than really bad so what does that make our 3rd string QB? Having said that however I really feel for these guys because they have absolutely no weapons around them, our receivers dont get open, when they are on rare occasion open they cant catch a lick and when they do on very rare occasion catch a ball they are high risk to fumble the elusive pigskin!! I have actually gone from being angry to be very sad for everyone involved in the program right now. The one thing that still does anger me however is the fact that we had a legitimate QB talent in house for a couple years (Mossakowski) and NEVER game him a legitimate shot to show us what he was capable of doing and in the process gave him plenty of reason to take his skills elsewhere!? How RIDICULOUS is that considering what our QB situation is right now?

I love it when people speak the truth!!!! :worthy:

To bad Michael Burchett transfered to WVU!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I would bench Newton and play the back up quarterback. Besides playing poorly Newton shows zero leadership and zero emotion on the field. He's like Joker he couldn't fire anybody up. I think Joker just handed Newton the job and the kid has never had to work to earn anything. Just my opinion.